Looks like Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls is on the way

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Feels like it's been a while since a good 2D Castlevania got released but it looks like Grimoire of Souls was recently announced? I really dug the 2DS entries into the series and it looks like the new game is going to fit more into that mold than all the Zobek stuff.

No Caption Provided

The future where Earl Dracula completely disappeared. It seemed like eternal peace had come to the world.

However, with a single letter delivered under Araki Gensui, an end was going to be struck in the peaceful era.

"The Count of Dracula where the magic book went awry revived" In order to ascertain the meaning of the word written in the letter, Mr. Arima visited the sender of the letter ....

Hopefully we'll see more about this at E3!

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yikes, unfortunately I am able to read "iOS" and "App Store" on that site page. The DS Castlevania games weren't touch-controlled, were they?

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ichthy

Huh, so it'll be like Harmony of Despair with characters from all the games? Could be interesting, but I'm guessing it'll be loaded with gatcha bullshit.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nnickers: From what I remember they weren't. I believe the first ds game(Dawn of Sorrow) had a part where you had to draw a symbol using the stylus after you beat a boss to seal it away. Pretty sure other than that it controlled like a normal portable Castlevania.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to get my hopes up. I don't know how they're going to do 4v4 multiplayer in a Castlevania game. Also it's a mobile game and I just don't see this as being a game you should play without a controller. But who knows maybe it'll be good?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Wait, hold the fuck on. Earl Dracula? EARL DRACULA?!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

Don't get your hopes up, guys. Konami wouldn't be making this if they didn't have some shitty microtransaction stuff to fill it with.

Also Earl Dracula? Earl? I know, it's a title, but I can't help think of it as a name.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Oh it's one of those bland fanservice multiplayer Castlevania games again, not too mention one with protagonists from different eras.

Looks 100% skippable to me.

Hope it does well enough to bring back the real stuff anyway.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can see a chat bubble icon in the bottom left, fairly certain this is mobile having done no research at all.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Grimoire of Souls is a real Castlevania-ass Castlevania name. Pity this isn't the kind of '2D' Castlevania I'm interested in...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OurSin_360

This looks like a mobile game? Well it's konami so i venture its either a mobile game or a pachinko machine

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Recommendation for anyone interested in this: go play literally any one of the portable Castlevania games. You'll have a better time.

mavs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait, hold the fuck on. Earl Dracula? EARL DRACULA?!

Google translate probably thinks earl is a more "English" translation for whatever word they use to say "count."