Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By MegaDaffy

Animaniacs: Ten Pin Alley

(Pic from Gamespot.com)

Bowling that’s “Zany to the max”!

You remember the Animaniacs don’t you? Of course you do, everyone does! But I bet you didn’t remember that between the 1993 game and the brief 2005 franchise resurrection were smaller scale PC games…and this PS1 Bowling game! Yes before Wii Sports become the bowling game of choice for families and retirement homes, this was…a bowling game…from 1998…that got nowhere near the attention that Wii Sports got. It’s a shame too because this game was great fun (*Or at least great fun in short spurts*)!

Essentially, the game starts with a story that the Animaniacs are invited to a bowling tournament, and that Pinky and the Brain are attending the tournament to (*everyone on the count of 3...1…2…3*) TAKE OVER THE WORLD! This story continues when you start tournament mode, where “The Godpidgeons” have a plan to “bet on the winner and compel a killing”. The story is later put on hold possibly until you finish the game, which I have never done. I have found out that if you lose, “The Godpidgeons” thank you for playing and it’s game over. You can also play a single game of bowling if you don’t want to play through a tournament…and that’s it. That reason alone is probably why it got passed over for other bigger games.

This is unfortunate because it is a fun game. The controls are easy to learn and master and the graphics are really good for PS1 standards too. In fact, I think they still look good today. Not only that but the game also included the actual voices of the Animaniacs (and the supporting characters)! The music for the game is also good if not very rememberable. The series’ trademark wackiness is also intact in the game with examples being the funny things that happen when the characters foul the ball. The only downside of this game is that there are only 4 bowling alleys that you can play in, but they are really fun and well-designed bowling alleys. It should also be noted there is an ad for the “Bowling hall of fame” in the main menu for anyone that is interested.

So…after weighing all of those facts, I find this game to be guilty of being a hilariously fun if not short-lived prelude to Wii Sports and recommend to anyone who loved the Animaniacs cartoons!

Review:

+It’s Animaniacs!
+And Bowling!
+Controls really well
+Easy to Play
+Funny
+Features actual voices
+Graphics look great!
-Only 4 bowling alleys
-Only 2-3 modes of play (not including multiplayer)
-“Opening” Story seems to serve only to pad the game
-“Bowling Hall Of Fame” ad seems out of place in an Animaniacs game

Final verdict: 9.0 out of 10.

MegaDaffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MegaDaffy

Animaniacs: Ten Pin Alley

(Pic from Gamespot.com)

Bowling that’s “Zany to the max”!

You remember the Animaniacs don’t you? Of course you do, everyone does! But I bet you didn’t remember that between the 1993 game and the brief 2005 franchise resurrection were smaller scale PC games…and this PS1 Bowling game! Yes before Wii Sports become the bowling game of choice for families and retirement homes, this was…a bowling game…from 1998…that got nowhere near the attention that Wii Sports got. It’s a shame too because this game was great fun (*Or at least great fun in short spurts*)!

Essentially, the game starts with a story that the Animaniacs are invited to a bowling tournament, and that Pinky and the Brain are attending the tournament to (*everyone on the count of 3...1…2…3*) TAKE OVER THE WORLD! This story continues when you start tournament mode, where “The Godpidgeons” have a plan to “bet on the winner and compel a killing”. The story is later put on hold possibly until you finish the game, which I have never done. I have found out that if you lose, “The Godpidgeons” thank you for playing and it’s game over. You can also play a single game of bowling if you don’t want to play through a tournament…and that’s it. That reason alone is probably why it got passed over for other bigger games.

This is unfortunate because it is a fun game. The controls are easy to learn and master and the graphics are really good for PS1 standards too. In fact, I think they still look good today. Not only that but the game also included the actual voices of the Animaniacs (and the supporting characters)! The music for the game is also good if not very rememberable. The series’ trademark wackiness is also intact in the game with examples being the funny things that happen when the characters foul the ball. The only downside of this game is that there are only 4 bowling alleys that you can play in, but they are really fun and well-designed bowling alleys. It should also be noted there is an ad for the “Bowling hall of fame” in the main menu for anyone that is interested.

So…after weighing all of those facts, I find this game to be guilty of being a hilariously fun if not short-lived prelude to Wii Sports and recommend to anyone who loved the Animaniacs cartoons!

Review:

+It’s Animaniacs!
+And Bowling!
+Controls really well
+Easy to Play
+Funny
+Features actual voices
+Graphics look great!
-Only 4 bowling alleys
-Only 2-3 modes of play (not including multiplayer)
-“Opening” Story seems to serve only to pad the game
-“Bowling Hall Of Fame” ad seems out of place in an Animaniacs game

Final verdict: 9.0 out of 10.