MGS4 on the Xbox??

wowzers002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wowzers002

in the past month or so i have had numerous friends and family come up to me and tell me that it is coming on to the xbox, i ask them where they heard this from and they say from another guy. are these rumors true??

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lashe

its not true as far as I'm aware, and the chances of it being true are pretty slim, but not impossible. I don't believe for a second that it isn't 'possible' to do on the 360, and MGS games certainly have been on MS consoles and computers before.

At this time though, there has been no announcement.

wowzers002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wowzers002

ah okay, yea i was thinking back and it did go to the cube for twin snakes and that gave me a lil hope, lets all keep our fingers crossed!

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DirrtyNinja

I doubt it. 360 owners aint missing much anyway.

Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pikachu

there was huge rumor earlier this year that there was gonna be a metal gear on the xbox360, and that it would be different from the ps3 versions.

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sdodd02

I wish that was true.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By and333

Its def possible, glad I haven't seen any blu ray arguements. If it came to the 360 and looks slightly worse but played the same i'd still pick it up cause graphics don't matter I just wanna play the damn game!

wowzers002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wowzers002
"I doubt it. 360 owners aint missing much anyway.
"
not missing much? so all the perfect scores and great reviews and videos dont seem like much eh? lol im sure this will be worth going on the 360 for 360 owners
Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Locke
DirrtyNinja said:
"
But the game was Fantastic.
Txheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Txheat

looks like a cool game, Plus just more money for the company i don't really see why the wouldn't.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lashe

I don't see why they wouldn't, no. But.. would Sony want to lose something like that? All that leaves really exclusive is LittleBigPlanet and Killzone II, after that its just pretty much.. an Xbox 360 with a Sony badge and a Blu-Ray drive.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Its a solid game, but It may be a while before you see a 360 version. They gotta compress the HD videos

The game itself is small, but the video is the real bulk of things

Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By Spencer

I don't think there's even a chance of it happening.  It would have to ship on five discs.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lashe

Lol thats what so many people said about GTA.. I really think the whole 'Blu Ray space makes so much difference' argument has lost its credibility with the advances in compression technology.

Sure there'll be some drop in quality through compression but 5 discs is an estimate which is frankly taking the piss.

Aekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aekon
BlackWaterCO said:
"Its a solid game, but It may be a while before you see a 360 version. They gotta compress the HD videos

The game itself is small, but the video is the real bulk of things"

What 'video'? You mean the intro video? The cut-scenes are all in-game you know.

I wouldn't rule out MGS on the 360 in some form, but MGS4 in the same form? I'm sceptical about that. Even if it's coming, it could be a good while before you see anything.

Seriously, if you want to play it, just get a PS3. I think there's never been a better time, it's got some amazing (exclusive) retail games, unique PSN games, free online, it's got rumble now and there's just a shitload of games coming at the end of this year and all of next year.

Besides, MGS4 did very well commercially (and critically of course). Had it been a bust, things would've been different.

PS: Playing MGS4 in my book is contigent on whether or not you have played the three previous Metal Gear games. If not, you'll be going '? ! zzz' 90% of the time.

ChaosTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ChaosTony

There were massive rumors on the internet leading up to it's release, but they've fizzled up for the most part.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By TimeWaffle

it's the only real reason to own a ps3 nowadays i don't think sony will let it get away from them. but that's what everyone thought about FF XIII

Txheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Txheat
Lashe said:
"I don't see why they wouldn't, no. But.. would Sony want to lose something like that? All that leaves really exclusive is LittleBigPlanet and Killzone II, after that its just pretty much.. an Xbox 360 with a Sony badge and a Blu-Ray drive.

"
Well all i am saying is all this hardware war is really just killing sales, if sony could bring it apon them selfs to say ok lets work together and take down so and so. or if Mircosoft would say we would like to take advantage of blueray and use it as a add on, alot of people would earn alot of money simple as that. More platforms more money simple.
Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Raiden36O

I really hope it comes to 360, and everyone saying it cant and theres no point because u'd need 5 disks should really think about it. I mean in the past theres been alot of quality titles which required multiple disk swaps and that didn't degrade the experience it was just a minor inconvenience, and when u think about it, is changing a disk really worse than 3 minute install times every act?

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DarkLegend

Not happening... as of yet.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lashe
Txheat said:
"Lashe said:
"I don't see why they wouldn't, no. But.. would Sony want to lose something like that? All that leaves really exclusive is LittleBigPlanet and Killzone II, after that its just pretty much.. an Xbox 360 with a Sony badge and a Blu-Ray drive.

"
Well all i am saying is all this hardware war is really just killing sales, if sony could bring it apon them selfs to say ok lets work together and take down so and so. or if Mircosoft would say we would like to take advantage of blueray and use it as a add on, alot of people would earn alot of money simple as that. More platforms more money simple.
"
I see the point, yeah. But working together isn't really business, companies push to the level that they are making the most money on their own. At the end of the day just because they make awesome entertainment devices doesn't take away from the fact that they want to be more successful than -insert company here-. MS will push Netflix more now, and I really don't see them turning to Blu-Ray if it goes well.
Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Why_So_Serious

At the moment this is not true. I know I would like to see that but it just seems like a longshot.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Illmatic

As much as it would make my wallet happy, I doubt it's happening.

Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Aljosa15

It's going to happen eventually.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lashe

MGS3 in HD would be nice. They did skip that one after all.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Demyx

Well, anything is possible. But I think its fairly unlikely for this particular game to make its way to a 360. And if Sony lets it happen, I would lose all faith.

Sadly, I'm actually considering selling my PS3. I mean its one of the few 60GB ones with full BC, so I'm sure I"d get enough to get a 360 lol.
but its just a thought

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By I_smell

If it gets announced, it'd be all over all the top game sites. You'd know about it.

Txheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Txheat
Lashe said:
"Txheat said:
"Lashe said:

"
"
I see the point, yeah. But working together isn't really business, companies push to the level that they are making the most money on their own. At the end of the day just because they make awesome entertainment devices doesn't take away from the fact that they want to be more successful than -insert company here-. MS will push Netflix more now, and I really don't see them turning to Blu-Ray if it goes well.
"
yea but working togther is a great way to take down so and so and split again. Imagine if Sony team up with Mircosoft to bring down the Wii. It would be massive all the hardcore gamers against the wii good bye casual people. Make way for Zelda I think we would all like it.
MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MOLE

For MGS4 to come over to the 360 would take alot of effort becuase MGS4 uses alot of gigs on that Blu-ray disc.  I even think it fills up all 50 gigs on that disc.

For it to be in the 360 would take multiple discs, or a new technique to compress all of that content. 

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By agent_lost

and don't forget all the change that MSG4 need to do, like how it on a blu-ray, PS1 reference and other stuff. They need to redo all the voice work. 50 gb is just the start of the problem

Lost_In_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lost_In_Gaming

I wouldn't stop it from happening. :)

unworthyBOZO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By unworthyBOZO

its a PS3 exclusive as of now

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, 99% sure that it won't happen anytime soon.

randori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By randori

Information can always be compressed more efficiently on a disk.  Look at GTA4 on the 360.  I wonder how much money konami spent on development, and whether PS3 sales alone were enough to recoup that investment.  If it wasn't enough to make Konami's money back, expect a port.  FF13 anyone?

KiLL3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KiLL3r

I don't care if they release it in multiple disc, all I want to play MGS 4 on the 360.

Quint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Quint

The 360 will probably get "MGS4 Subsistence" or something, it will get released years after the PS3 version and then Konami will wonder why it doesn't sell.

I played it round a mates last week, you're not missing much anyway to be honest.

Quint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Quint
Agent_Lost said:
"and don't forget all the change that MSG4 need to do, like how it on a blu-ray, PS1 reference and other stuff. They need to redo all the voice work. 50 gb is just the start of the problem"
We have this thing called compression it's a wonderful tool that allows pointlessly large sound and video files be compressed down to manageable sizes without a noticeable loss to quality.
Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Major
wowzers002 said:
"
"
not missing much? so all the perfect scores and great reviews and videos dont seem like much eh? lol im sure this will be worth going on the 360 for 360 owners"
Overrated game imo... Not saying it's not a good game though
Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Major

Making the game multidisc + completely removing MGO and selling it as a seperate product + compressing. I don't know why people don't think it's possible just because it's on a bluray .. I'd rather swap a disc than sit threw the 5-1minute install time....
You can also download all the discs straight to your harddrive and just play with 1 disc

I can see it happening.. but I doubt Kojima will go threw with it.

Andrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Andrew
MOLE said:
"

For MGS4 to come over to the 360 would take alot of effort becuase MGS4 uses alot of gigs on that Blu-ray disc.  I even think it fills up all 50 gigs on that disc.

For it to be in the 360 would take multiple discs, or a new technique to compress all of that content. 

"

MGS4 on the PS3 has an install every time you change acts... would it not be easy enough to have you change disks on the 360 version.. it would probably be faster than the PS3 act installs.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By SSbabel

I doubt it but u dont know it could happen, like the FFXIII preview at E3.

blu_magnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By blu_magnet

Probably not. Im guessing Sony had to pay some sort of money to keep this as an exclusive, but it will be rare exclusives are disappearing