• 66 results
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Vinchenzo

Ya we definitely need mods, I think mine was the first thread that has been locked (to my knowledge anyway). See what happens when we don't have mods to scare us, you make a topic that's on your mind in OT and bam, you get hit.

_F_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By _F_

This site still loads too slow...

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Karmum
_F_ said:
"This site still loads too slow..."
Its loading pretty quickly for me.
khit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By khit

GB needs more people to approve wiki edits, it'a taking a LOOOOONNG time right now.

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Why_So_Serious
khit said:
"GB needs more people to approve wiki edits, it'a taking a LOOOOONNG time right now."
Agreed. But thats up to the creators and I doubt they will do that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karmum said:
"Why_So_Serious said:
"Sentry said:
"They need a LOT more mods, like dozens.
"
I think maybe 30 mods would be enough for 10,000 people."
Its not like all 10,000 users are going to be posting, especially at once.
"

Yeah, but you also have to remember not all 30 mods would be online at the same time, most likely 20 or so at once.
Carmel_Chewy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Carmel_Chewy

I would love to be a mod on this site. Because it does need some. But some with some intelligence unlike the Gamespot ones. 

SmAsH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58  Edited By SmAsH

At least there are two moderators, although I hope they don't become power-hungry like most mods do at most forums.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Karmum
SmAsH said:
"At least there are two moderators, although I hope they don't become power-hungry like most mods do at most forums.
"
I hardly doubt that.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Karmum
H4xlike said:
"Premier111 said:
"Seeing the lack of sign posted rules and guidelines because of release gives everyone that perfect freedom. Thing is that GiantBomb and the people involved dont want it to devolve into an immature, and unregulated site. Yes they want freedom of speech like the rest of, they want that feel of a non-company owned site that people could use for gaming, but I can already see the posters being prolific in being trolls, making fun of other users, being disruptive and spammy, even offensive. Though the only thing we can do is - + a post, I would love to see the whole moderation system unfold, and possbily be apart of it.

For anyone wanting to be a moderator or inquing moderations or the future of moderations should try to discuss it here."
Fuck you. 
"
Wow, how ignorant are you? He was just saying he would like to hopefully become a GB Moderator, and have a discussion about moderators/moderation issues here. That was extremely rude and unnecessary.

DarkArmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By DarkArmada

I don't agree with nominating yourself or others for a Mod position. I do agree very much so that a Code of Conduct be written and added to the forums ASAP. Any please, enough of this "the power will goto their heads" type crap - people are chosen by the Admins for quality contributions and are placed in a position of trust for a reason...

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Why_So_Serious
DarkArmada said:
"I don't agree with nominating yourself or others for a Mod position. I do agree very much so that a Code of Conduct be written and added to the forums ASAP. Any please, enough of this "the power will goto their heads" type crap - people are chosen by the Admins for quality contributions and are placed in a position of trust for a reason...
"
Agreed. Although from what I have seen on GB so far I don't think that anyone here would abuse their power. But hey... you never know.
DarkArmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By DarkArmada

Exactly - with such a young site and a forum that (as expected) is asploding out of control due to the flood of new users, some spam and trolling is rearing it's ugly head. But let's not make a mountain out of a molehill :) I'm sure that the Admins are actively approaching members and placing users on trial periods, getting a feel for the +'s and the -'s and just overall getting into gear.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Karmum
DarkArmada said:
"Exactly - with such a young site and a forum that (as expected) is asploding out of control due to the flood of new users, some spam and trolling is rearing it's ugly head. But let's not make a mountain out of a molehill :) I'm sure that the Admins are actively approaching members and placing users on trial periods, getting a feel for the +'s and the -'s and just overall getting into gear.
"
Everything will be under control in a matter of time. I'm sure there are many websites that people get hyped for are launched, especially forums, and people start flooding them and posting seamlessly pointless topics. We just have to wait a little while, and it will be worth it. Totally agree with you, happens in every new highly anticipated forum.
SmAsH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65  Edited By SmAsH
Karmum said:
"SmAsH said:
"At least there are two moderators, although I hope they don't become power-hungry like most mods do at most forums.
"
I hardly doubt that.
"
I should've edited it. What I ment is, I hope other mods (new mods) don't become power-hungry. I know Citizen-Kane won't (from pre-beta) and BoG I pretty sure wouldn't, sorry just wanted to clarify.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66  Edited By KnightsofRound

Just be patient, the good members of the community will most likely eventually become moderators.  After the craziness wears down the majority of the trolls will probably leave for greener grass anyways.