jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By jaffaz

Just finished PoP-TFS. 

A lot of reports I saw on this game considered it lacking. I concur, but I don't think it was terrible game. Me and the Mrs have played every PoP game in this series together along with that other awful incarnation a fews years ago where you weren't allowed to die. She loves Warrior Within the most and I will never forget my first play through of Sands of Time as a teenager, because it blew my mind. TFS feels like it fits into the series well in terms of its theme and story, I think the main issue with it is that it is 2010, not 2001. If this game was the second game in the series and made back then I think it would be a much more revered title. The fact that by todays standards it isn't a great game is more of a testament to how much platform games and peoples expectations in game quality have evolved as opposed to the actual quality of this game. 

I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't played the game, but I have to say the end sequence was really quite extraordinary. It looks FANTASTIC and had a stunning pace to it. The ending was nothing to write home about, but the build up to it was quite brilliant to the point where I found myself thinking; this is what PoP games are all about. It was far better than the endings of some more recent games and when the lady asked what I thought the worst ending to game was ever, in terms of sequence, layout and enjoyability it sparked me thinking. But only for a very short while, because in truth I picked my least favourite game finale a long, long time ago. For me, it is without a doubt God of War 2. It was clunky, dull, frustrating and annoying. It was also disappointing and pointless. It lent on the fact another game would follow it and it was just pathetic, it really should have just ended with the battle with the sisters, which was great. Instead, it just got ridiculous. 

So my question to you lovely folk is: what is your least favourite end to a game ever? (This isn't in regards to the story of the game, but the gameplay/final boss, etc.)

jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jaffaz

Just finished PoP-TFS. 

A lot of reports I saw on this game considered it lacking. I concur, but I don't think it was terrible game. Me and the Mrs have played every PoP game in this series together along with that other awful incarnation a fews years ago where you weren't allowed to die. She loves Warrior Within the most and I will never forget my first play through of Sands of Time as a teenager, because it blew my mind. TFS feels like it fits into the series well in terms of its theme and story, I think the main issue with it is that it is 2010, not 2001. If this game was the second game in the series and made back then I think it would be a much more revered title. The fact that by todays standards it isn't a great game is more of a testament to how much platform games and peoples expectations in game quality have evolved as opposed to the actual quality of this game. 

I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't played the game, but I have to say the end sequence was really quite extraordinary. It looks FANTASTIC and had a stunning pace to it. The ending was nothing to write home about, but the build up to it was quite brilliant to the point where I found myself thinking; this is what PoP games are all about. It was far better than the endings of some more recent games and when the lady asked what I thought the worst ending to game was ever, in terms of sequence, layout and enjoyability it sparked me thinking. But only for a very short while, because in truth I picked my least favourite game finale a long, long time ago. For me, it is without a doubt God of War 2. It was clunky, dull, frustrating and annoying. It was also disappointing and pointless. It lent on the fact another game would follow it and it was just pathetic, it really should have just ended with the battle with the sisters, which was great. Instead, it just got ridiculous. 

So my question to you lovely folk is: what is your least favourite end to a game ever? (This isn't in regards to the story of the game, but the gameplay/final boss, etc.)

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Bioshock.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Fallout 3

Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Dantekiller

dark cloud

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By meteora

Assassin's Creed.

puercoperro335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By puercoperro335

Infamous, there was just something missing there and I can't quite put my finger on it.

dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dantheman1515

Halo 2. 

marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By marlow83

Of recent memory? Probably Dead Space

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

I agree with most posted thus far, most notably Assassins Creed. Just another reason to add why I despise that game so much =/. 

Another that always comes to mind is Psi-Ops. It cuts off as if a sequel was in mind; shame it never came to be.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Bioshock.  The last third of that game was just no good. 

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheFreeMan

Near the end, Bioshock got extremely dull for me and I stopped playing. I later saw my little brother complete it and I don't have many regrets. Ending he got looked terrible and I don't imagine the others being much better.

It wasn't bad, but I was a little disappointed by Red Dead Redemption's ending at first. It took a while for me to appreciate it but my first impression was "that's it?".

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blazerx9x

assassins creed II

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Dany
@blazerx9x said:
" assassins creed II "
Wha??? I thought that ending was great, gave a good conclusion of that story while teasing and showing alot on the potenial of the franchise
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jasta

Fable II

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RE_Player1

Resident Evil 5. It felt like they realized the story was so stupid they tried to wrap it all up in one game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Yummylee
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" Bioshock.  The last third of that game was just no good.  "
The Big Daddy bit did always look out of place to me. Almost like the developers were giving the type of fan service they just knew players wanted before the game's even released. It literally looked even more so because when you had the Big Daddy costume with your firearms out it still shown Jack's sweater as if he wasn't in a Daddy suit. o.O
blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blazerx9x
@Dany said:
" @blazerx9x said:
" assassins creed II "
Wha??? I thought that ending was great, gave a good conclusion of that story while teasing and showing alot on the potenial of the franchise "
dude, the ending like made no sense to me, I never played the first, but i`m pretty sure I didn`t have to
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By EpicSteve

Bioshock.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By artofwar420
@EpicSteve: Indeed, the whole game so amazing which only made the poor ending that much worse. I would add Fallout 3, seems they'll get it right on New Vegas though.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Dead fizzled out soobadly after the killing of Dutch. Yes. We get it, these are no times for outlaws, your days are gone etc.

I can SEE what they were going for. John settling into the life he tried to carve for himself and the development of the relationships between him and his family members.  

It all fell flat though. The missions were tiresome, but moreso, the very fact that (after trying to highlight the fact that his son was to make something of himself in this changing world) he goes on to become EXACTLY LIKE JOHN.

Fuck RDR. I enjoyed a lot of it, but the writing was awful, the story was fairly poor (not so much in the grander scheme of things, but how we got taken there) and the characters absolutely despicable. The most interesting thing about the whole game was the "stranger" side-quest.

Edit: I started with the intention of just slating the ending and then things got out of hand...

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Assassin's creed. It didn't feel the least bit satisfying but AC2's ending was good.
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By WickedCestus

Mass Effect 2. I just thought it was dumb.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#23  Edited By psykhophear
Ghostbusters (NES) - "CONGLATURATION. You have completed a great game." 
BioShock - ending(s) too vague and nothing special
American McGee's Alice -  Same thing. Happy ending but in a very rushed and unsatisfying way.
Halo 2 - No comment
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs - After all the hard work, the bad guys got away. WTF?!
Dementium 1 and 2 - Great games but sucky endings.  
Men In Black: The Game - Lousy end boss, lousy conclusion
Alone In The Dark - The ending's as horrible as Uwe Boll's directing abilities.
DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

Sudeki.  You beat the final boss, get a 10 second puppet show, and credits.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zoozilla

I thought the ending of Mirror's Edge was pretty lame.

I was just left with a feeling of "That's IT!?"

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Belonpopo

Probably Assassin's Creed.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending of Fallout 3 was really really bad, but it wasn't very disappointing since the entire main storyline sucked ass. 

I would say the first Diablo. After battling through hell itself and finally slaying Diablo your main character impales himself with a soulstone which effectively makes him the new host of the demon. It truly felt like everything you did was for nothing.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By Video_Game_King

Parts of the Final Fantasy XIII ending kinda pissed me off, while others came off as pretty good and well thought out.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Malakhii

Alot of hate on RDR. I really liked the ending, was probably one of my all time favs. 

The halo 2 ending sucked so much ass, me and my friend blazed through it on co-op, and to end it as the climax was about to take place..... man I was so pissed off. 

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By FlyingRat

Fallout 3

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By nickux

Borderlands. I spent dozens of hours on Pandora just to fight a giant mouth thing what the fuck!!!!

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mrskidders

Big rigs.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By TomA

Starcraft 2. I hate Kerrigan i wanted her dead.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By WatanabeKazuma
@GetEveryone:

Red Dead Redemption really seems to be a double edged with it's ending, personally I really enjoyed the connection you get with Marston and his family before the invetible happens. I see alot of complaints about how the final few missions on the ranch lack the excitement of those before it, but it's essentially all an epilogue from that point onwards, one that makes the conclusion of the game that more impactful for having experienced it. I'm usually curious as to how the characters carry on after the story reaches it logical conclusion, in any medium not just games, which is why I appreciated this approach more than what would be a considered a "traditional" ending. 

@marlow83:

I never really took the Dead Space ending all that seriously, having not really read any coverage for the sequel I'll be interested to see how that is touched upon if at all. I just saw it as one final attempt to scare the player, it definitely brought a smile to my face, it was fun for what it was.
DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DoctorOptimist

No Caption Provided
I'm probably the only one here who remembers this obscure game. Not only was it a poor game, but it has the worst video game ending ever. I'm not exaggerating on that, I'm dead serious.
Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Simulacrum

I'm surprised no one has said Fable II yet.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By WatanabeKazuma
@Simulacrum: 

I never found the Fable II story disappointing as it was generic as it could possibly be, it was just a collection of fantasy elements. I'm not complaining though, the point of it was for it to be the story of your hero.
SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SpiralStairs
@DoctorOptimist:  Really? I tried playing it on DosBox once but it was running to poorly for me to actually play it. It didn't look bad though, and I've heard good things about it.
Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Djeffers03
@dantheman1515 said:
" Halo 2.  "
triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By triple07

I'm surprised no one has mentioned KOTOR 2. That pissed me off and made me never play that game again. I realize its not Obsidian's fault since they had development time cut but still it was just terrible.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By C2C
Samurai Legend Musashi 

After the final battle you get treated to white text on a black screen.  That infuriated me to no end since the game was really no good :/
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sodiumCyclops

God of War 3. I was actually stuck for a long time and didn't pick it up again until recently. When I did, it was only to find that I was 10 mins from the end.

Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Simulacrum
@WatanabeKazuma:  I only had a problem with the ending, not the story as a whole.
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By agentboolen
@RE_Player92 said:

" Resident Evil 5. It felt like they realized the story was so stupid they tried to wrap it all up in one game. "

Still don't know why they connected RE4 with everything in this series during RE5!!  I really liked the idea of RE4 was a new start.  RE5 was good fun for the co-op but trying to stitch up every little thing in RE series was a big mistake, it got to the point I didn't even care when I found something I had to read.  RE4 and RE5 should have been a new story, no umbrella corporation needed.
sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sickVisionz

KotOR 2

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RE_Player1
@agentboolen said:

" @RE_Player92 said:

" Resident Evil 5. It felt like they realized the story was so stupid they tried to wrap it all up in one game. "

Still don't know why they connected RE4 with everything in this series during RE5!!  I really liked the idea of RE4 was a new start.  RE5 was good fun for the co-op but trying to stitch up every little thing in RE series was a big mistake, it got to the point I didn't even care when I found something I had to read.  RE4 and RE5 should have been a new story, no umbrella corporation needed. "
Exactly. You hit the nail on the head. RE4 showed us that hey zombies don't have to be directly connected to Umbrella all the time. Than RE5 comes out and all those notes and story link it to it originating from like the Las Plagas. It felt like MGS4 syndrome, last game in the story and we need to wrap up every single thing and  
  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I can agree Fallout 3 and Bioshock both have short and dissapointing endings what immediatley came to mind was Gears of War 2. I liked the ending to the original Gears and it made me want to see what happens next, the war intensified in the sequel but it had a lame, weak boss and an ending so lacking.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By VanderSEXXX

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 4. To be honest I only played MGS4 in the name of justifying my purchase of the PS3 which wasn't until games like Demon Souls and Ninja Gaiden Sigma II finally arrived to redeem my investment. lol

Turduken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By Turduken
@Jasta said:
" Fable II "
Confirmed.  Also, it had a terrible start and middle.
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Three0neFive
@VanderSEXXX said:
" Metal Gear Solid 2 & 4. To be honest I only played MGS4 in the name of justifying my purchase of the PS3 which wasn't until games like Demon Souls and Ninja Gaiden Sigma II finally arrived to redeem my investment. lol "
You just reminded me.

Demon's Souls has a really, really disappointing ending. From the very beginning it pretty much tells you that you're eventually going to fight the Old One, and then once you get there HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESO- oh wait, what's this? WAIT I'M GOING INSIDE HIM HOLY FUCK YES YES- oh. You mean I don't actually get to fight this massive ancient-demon-god, but instead this pathetic sack of goo barely bigger than me? :/