• 92 results
DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DavidSnakes

Left 4 Dead.  The zombie shooting action is so damn vanilla in that game.  You're shooting guns at zombies, it should be balls-to-the-wall crazy: bullets ripping through zombies, chunks of zombie ripping off from a shotgun blast.  Have GOW style gibs and hella blood.  I'm not a psycho or anything, but shooting zombies should be visceral and intense.  In the actual game, the shooting is hollow and unsatisfying.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Fallout 3

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Hitchenson

LittleBigPlanet... God, I ended up hating it. After following the game so much :/

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Oriental_Jams
DavidSnakes said:
"Left 4 Dead.  The zombie shooting action is so damn vanilla in that game.  You're shooting guns at zombies, it should be balls-to-the-wall crazy: bullets ripping through zombies, chunks of zombie ripping off from a shotgun blast.  Have GOW style gibs and hella blood.  I'm not a psycho or anything, but shooting zombies should be visceral and intense.  In the actual game, the shooting is hollow and unsatisfying.
"
I saw the limbs and heads fly, and the Boomer leaves one massive bloody chunk of itself after its killed.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Far Cry 2, Alone in the dark

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lashe

Call of Duty: World at War

Duke_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Duke_Lion

hmm I would have to say Far Cry 2.  Everything else was great.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By logson

A Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi game for the DS. I thought it might be stupid fun for a plane ride... it was not.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By HandsomeDead

Prince of Persia, definitely. That game is terrible.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Diamond

I can understand not liking a certain game, but you guys have listed a lot of games you could get into if you maybe played more or played with a different attitude.

Now I picked up some *BAD* games this year.  Not many, and many skip my mind.

I regretted buying Mercs 2 after I got Far Cry 2.  I actually played and enjoyed Mercs 2 for a good 20 hours or so, but man that game is so technically broken.
I bought Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit, and I expected something almost entirely different than what I got.
I regret buying Last Remnant, but I have a feeling if I invest more time in it, it may grow on me.  It's not the technical issues btw, I have it installed.  The gameplay is just so DULL.  I have to beat about 7 other similar games that seem to do things better first, so the time that I may play Last Remnant may be never.

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Guardian

Unfortunately for me, it might be Little Big Planet. 

I didn't have the time to play it and it hasn't been a priority of mine to get back into.
DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By DavidSnakes
Oriental_Jams said:
"DavidSnakes said:
"Left 4 Dead.  The zombie shooting action is so damn vanilla in that game.  You're shooting guns at zombies, it should be balls-to-the-wall crazy: bullets ripping through zombies, chunks of zombie ripping off from a shotgun blast.  Have GOW style gibs and hella blood.  I'm not a psycho or anything, but shooting zombies should be visceral and intense.  In the actual game, the shooting is hollow and unsatisfying.
"
I saw the limbs and heads fly, and the Boomer leaves one massive bloody chunk of itself after its killed.
"
Well,  It's not so much the violence as the general action of Source games just isn't very good.  The act of shooting guys in L4D or HL2 isn't anywhere close to a Call of Duty 4 or Gears of War 2.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jayge_
Guardian said:
"Unfortunately for me, it might be Little Big Planet. 

I didn't have the time to play it and it hasn't been a priority of mine to get back into.
"
Your Reboot icon makes me all hot and bothered.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By brukaoru

Devil May Cry 4 was the most disappointing game for me in 2008.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
Bullet_Jr said:
"I didn't buy any disappointing games in 2008, however it will always be a year of loss for me, in more ways than one.

It was the year I lost my job, my girl, my apartment and my game collection (I was robbed)  all in the same month. Life is a funny thing, yes?
"
Man!  That happened to an old friend of mine back in 2001, except for the robbery.  Unfortunately, he committed suicide afterwards.  Anyhoo, GFs are replaceable & you can always work at Pizza Hut...got a friend that has been doing that for 20 years & he's happy..he has another business on the side & Pizza is just the day job to finance/grow the other thing.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By samcotts

Definitely Gears of War 2. Matchmaking ruined the multiplayer.

Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68  Edited By Dovey

Age of Conan... had the potential to be great just way way way to buggy

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By JJGIANT
Captain_Fookup said:
"Mercs 2, Saints Row 2, Far Cry 2, The Last Remnant."
Wow thats a lot of games. Mines prob the force unleashed SO FRUSTRATING

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By JudgeDread
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Bullet_Jr said:
"I didn't buy any disappointing games in 2008, however it will always be a year of loss for me, in more ways than one.

It was the year I lost my job, my girl, my apartment and my game collection (I was robbed)  all in the same month. Life is a funny thing, yes?
"
Man!  That happened to an old friend of mine back in 2001, except for the robbery.  Unfortunately, he committed suicide afterwards.  Anyhoo, GFs are replaceable & you can always work at Pizza Hut...got a friend that has been doing that for 20 years & he's happy..he has another business on the side & Pizza is just the day job to finance/grow the other thing.

"
well...
at least he is happy
lets just hope his project finally takes off sometime soon
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Kohe321

Mercs 2 without a doubt.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#72  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well, I really can't think of any really terribl- Oh wait. I bought Sneak King on a whim. It was $1. That game was worth that much, which means its worth 1/60th of Call of Duty 4, Fallout 3, and all the other great games I paid full price for this year. I had my fun with it (30 minutes or so), so I gave it to my friend for his birthday as a commentary on the kind of games he buys.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Randolph

Far Cry 2 and Prince of Persia.  I likely shouldn't have been surprised with Far Cry 2.  FC: Instincts for the Xbox was just plain terrible, and this one followed suit.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#74  Edited By MachoFantastico

As to be Fallout 3 for me. Thought Oblivion was so much better and a hell of a lot more entertaining. 

It all depends on tastes I guess, for me I loved Assassins Creed. 

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Kohe321

As I've given this some more thought throughout the day, I have to add Farcry 2 and Warhammer Online. So yeah, Mercs 2, farcry 2 and Warhammer Online is my biggest disappointments of 2008.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Bullet_Jr said:

"

"
Yeah, that all happened in a span of a month, it sucked because I had soooooo much shit for both the Wii and the 360 and it was stolen too. The job I have now allows me to afford my gaming addiction.

As for the ladies, it's getting warmer and the skirts are in full flight.

2009  is the year of the Bullet. I'll make sure of that.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Linkyshinks
Maru said:
"Gears of War for PC, which I purchased early 2008.

This game is so boring and dull, that I still have not beaten it yet.  "

That would be one of my games, but definitely not for the reasons you mention. The game on PC has many issues that simply should not be there. Currently, I have to turn my system clock before the 27th of January just to play the game due to this nonsense - Epic Fail

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By weltal

Dead Space.
After all the talk from Brad and Vinny I was expecting something far beyond what the game had to offer. It most certainly does not  "do everything perfectly". Meh. It was a good game just a disappointment.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#79  Edited By MachoFantastico
Weltal said:
"Dead Space.
After all the talk from Brad and Vinny I was expecting something far beyond what the game had to offer. It most certainly does not  "do everything perfectly". Meh. It was a good game just a disappointment.
"
Seriously? Thought Dead Space was one of the best games of last year. Resident Evil 5 could learn a trick or two from Dead Space. 
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Shadow

There are very few games I buy anymore that I don't love...but probaby Fable 2.  I mean it was okay, but not anywhere close to what I was lead to believe it would be.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Linkyshinks

I agree, TEG. So could sound designers working on films.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By weltal
TrueEnglishGent said:
Seriously? Thought Dead Space was one of the best games of last year. Resident Evil 5 could learn a trick or two from Dead Space. "
I enjoyed it but I just don't get into that genre too often. My main complaint is simply the same as in RE5, I don't like my movement to be so limited. Most especially when it adds nothing to a game like Dead Space, where I guess it's supposed to make you fearful but really you can kill everything in that game without much of a hassle.
Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Maru
Linkyshinks said:
"Maru said:
"Gears of War for PC, which I purchased early 2008.

This game is so boring and dull, that I still have not beaten it yet.  "

That would be one of my games, but definitely not for the reasons you mention. The game on PC has many issues that simply should not be there. Currently, I have to turn my system clock before the 27th of January just to play the game due to this nonsense - Epic Fail

"
This game actually expires ?? Epic Fail indeed.   I tried to run it just now, and got the same message.  

Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#84  Edited By vibratingdonkey
  • Spore
    I wasn't expecting a revolution, but I was expecting more than what I got. The game part of it could just as well not have existed, because it just barely does. The simplicity just serves to make it tedious and annoying to play.

• Far Cry 2
    Ubisoft made it sound so wonderful in demonstrations and previews. Led me to believe it'd be like any other open world game where you get some actual freedom of choice. Instead, in Far Cry 2 repetitive confrontations are constantly forced upon you. The only thing this adds to the game is frustration over not being able to play the game your way, at your own pace. That's the biggest issue I have with this game, but not the only one.

• Alone in the Dark
    Oh what a shame. It all looked great on paper. But the execution is flawed to the point of the game sometimes being nearly unplayable. They bit off more than they could chew I guess.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#85  Edited By Black_Rose

Tales of Symnphonia: Dawn of the New World. Despite reviews, I trusted this game could be as good as the original...it wasn't.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86  Edited By vidiot

Without a doubt: Star Wars Force Unleashed.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#87  Edited By Icemael

The Last Remnant. That game was a load of crap, filled with crap, covered by a thin layer of crap.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#88  Edited By Hector

I would have to say Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
shadows_kill said:
"gta4 one of the worst games i remember playing.....
"

You should revisit the game.  During my first 4-6 hours of play, I had that feeling as well: this is boring!
However, I found after awhile I started thinking about the game in the back of my mind & found myself
wanting to play it. Then I would start playing it again & finding true pleasure.  It grows on you.

I'd have to say worst game I bought last year was Table Tennis plus Kane & Lynch: Dead Men.  Worse
than Spore.  I like Spore..biggest complaint people had about it is the anti-piracy stuff.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
Bullet_Jr said:
"Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Bullet_Jr said:

"

"
Yeah, that all happened in a span of a month, it sucked because I had soooooo much shit for both the Wii and the 360 and it was stolen too. The job I have now allows me to afford my gaming addiction.

As for the ladies, it's getting warmer and the skirts are in full flight.

2009  is the year of the Bullet. I'll make sure of that.
"

I always wonder what it would be like to be a free agent again.

Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Big_D

2008 - GTA 4

2009  - Street Fighter 4

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By suneku

I'll go with Prince of Persia, although I did enjoy it a bit. It was my most disappointing purchase in 08.

Package

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Package

Little Big Planet.

What a load of SHIT hyped up by sony fanboys. garbage game