Multiplayer games you wish where still active to play?

• 113 results
Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Tribes 1

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Tribes

Neotokyo

Also despite still being active, I miss the TF2 of days past. The quick match servers kind of sucked the soul out of the game.

redhook347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomb Raider 2013. Just finished it. I don't understand why they made a multiplayer mode, which is why I want to test it out. Not even that old, but no one's there.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By shaunk

Halo 3 from before ODST and the Mythic Map Pack 2 were released. The legendary map pack had Avalanche which was an amazing big team map, and Mythic pack 1 had Sandbox which was a good bigteam map and amazing for custom games.

1 vs 100 on the 360. A free to play quiz game that had live shows on the weekend where you got to actually play for prizes.

Halo 3 Big Team battle and custom games and 1 vs 100 are the two most fun times I ever had on the 360, and I can never experience those again.

Also Warcraft III bnet custom games from 2004-2008, there were still so many people playing it back then and that was before bots started hosting games on it.

Welvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

The best of the MotorStorm series, and the best racing game ever!

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rune: Halls of Valhalla

Arena mode anyone?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Army of Two because it was the first game I played with my brother.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a popular opinion but I really fucking loved Arkham Origin's Invisible Predator Online that Splash Damage put together. It was bugging as fuck, it crashed my console a lot, and objectively bad with terrible matchmaking but when you did get a game working it was incredibly atmospheric for a multiplayer game. It was 3vs3vs2 with 2 sides being criminals with Batman and Robin making up a third faction of two. The mode honestly made you feel more like Batman at it's highest high then any of the other Batman games.

Long rant about the mode below:

One of the main mechanics was that mid way through the match a door would become available and both criminal teams would race to the door. Whoever got their first would turn into either Bane or the Joker depending on the team they were on so everyone rushes to the door and either had a massive advantage or immediately started hiding from this massive threat. It was a great push pull because you had to get close to the door to try to claim it but failing to do so meant you were as close as possible to the biggest threat.

Then there was the threat of Batman and Robin. Typically the heroes wouldn't win as their job is actually super hard but their function as out of no where meddlers was actually super effective in making you constantly suspicious. Their grapple perches are high up so that you can only tell if they're up there if you look long enough but the focus you give to that is focus away from the other team. The best part is that periodically the game would have a fake bat shadow roll over you so you ended up super paranoid!

Giving the criminals gears of war controls restricted their movement and vision so that everything felt very deliberate which enhanced the tension. Splash Damage made a poor quality mode but man would it be something interesting if iterated on.

@redhook347:I played some of it shortly after the added it to PS+ and it's pretty bland. Oddly enough they replaced the shoulder switch with a crouch which is kinda useless in a fast paced multiplayer where as taking out the shoulder switch makes the multiplayer more frustrating to play. Also EVERYONE was constantly jumping! Like half the people still playing where jumping every moment presumably so they'd be harder to hit but man was that weird.

H4xlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

CSS or cs1.6. Mount and Blade Napoleonic wars.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

the multiplayer for Ghostbusters.

kashwashwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original Motorcity Online

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Anarchy Reigns, Battlefield 2/2142, and all the PS3 exclusive multiplayer games I didn't get a chance to try before they shut everything down (MAG, Warhawk, etc.)

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Battlefield Bad Company 2, fave multiplayer game ever.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. The end.

And guys, Halo 3 multiplayer still exists.....on the Xbox One and I think still even on the 360. I don't understand it as an answer

Chaos Theory for me too.