#1  Edited By josephbarron
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

Your first is always the best. It's a solid review too. Nice and concise. Pretty much on the ball with my views on the game too.

Well done. Make sure you put yourself out there and always listen to negative feedback.

That would be my advice.

finalkross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By finalkross

I would say the opposite. Don't listen to negative feedback unless it's from a credible source (ie. Editors or Trained professionals). Fanboys who will attack your views should not influence your future decisions and writings. If you really want to experience the best of reviewing, ask to review a game with little or no background knowledge of it. You experience the game with fresh eyes and your score is coming straight from the heart.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Keeng

Congratulations on getting published. I'm working on getting my first published review up in a few weeks and, ironically, there's a pretty high percentage chance it'll be on R2 as well. I look forward to reading your work in the future. By the way, I totally disagree with your opinion on the game, despite the review being well-written. 

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By get2sammyb
finalkross said:
"I would say the opposite. Don't listen to negative feedback unless it's from a credible source (ie. Editors or Trained professionals). Fanboys who will attack your views should not influence your future decisions and writings. If you really want to experience the best of reviewing, ask to review a game with little or no background knowledge of it. You experience the game with fresh eyes and your score is coming straight from the heart.
"
There was meant to be a constructive in there. But yes you're right. If someone is calling out shit on your score or opinion then, ignore. If someone is fairly saying "you could have mentioned this, that, this area was too wordy, not enough description here" etc. that's the criticism you should never ignore. Even if you don't agree and you know you wrote it in a certain way for a reason - at the very least take it on board.

Not being able to take criticism well is a problem people have with things they feel personally invested in (reviews, music you wrote, video you made, etc). If you don't take it then you never improve.
Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Keeng
get2sammyb said:
"finalkross said:
"I would say the opposite. Don't listen to negative feedback unless it's from a credible source (ie. Editors or Trained professionals). Fanboys who will attack your views should not influence your future decisions and writings. If you really want to experience the best of reviewing, ask to review a game with little or no background knowledge of it. You experience the game with fresh eyes and your score is coming straight from the heart.
"
There was meant to be a constructive in there. But yes you're right. If someone is calling out shit on your score or opinion then, ignore. If someone is fairly saying "you could have mentioned this, that, this area was too wordy, not enough description here" etc. that's the criticism you should never ignore. Even if you don't agree and you know you wrote it in a certain way for a reason - at the very least take it on board.

Not being able to take criticism well is a problem people have with things they feel personally invested in (reviews, music you wrote, video you made, etc). If you don't take it then you never improve.
"
Agreed
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Nice job , keep it coming

josephbarron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By josephbarron

I'm reviewing Killzone 2 for that site next guys. I'll post a link on the Giant Bomb forums again in case you guys might be interested in that one as well.

Thanks for the feedback!