• 85 results
yay_waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By yay_waffles

A friend sent me the video of a train simulator quick look. I enjoyed it and looked around the site and was here to stay.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Cagliostro88

Not a new fan by now, but looking for info on Bastion and finding the Building the Bastion series. From that started exploring the site and liked the people here quite a lot

Already saw Jeff a few times prior to that on Bonus Round but at the time he didn't catch me, in that particular setting

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was kinda casually visiting Gamespot, so the news of Jeff's firing reached me. Then my brother kept telling me about his new website and how cool it was, so I visited one day. RDR Quick Look was featured on the front page. I watched it. Stayed. Never left.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I watched the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 QL back in late 2010 or whatever and was instantly hooked. Signed up for the forums in 2011 and have been Premium since 2012. Superfly!

outlawtorn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember watching some talk Adam Savage was giving and the other guy mentioned something about tested.com. Had a look at that, found myself drawn my Gary Whitta and watching the Octobercast where 2 guys come on and show a photo of one of them (Alexis) hijacking a forklift. The final chilli scene made me ask what this Giant Bomb thingy is all about.

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was a fan of the crew from the old Gamespot days, followed Jeff after he was laid off and transition to the Arrow pointing down and so forth.

robbparris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine is kinda weird now I think about it.

I have known Jason for a bit over 15 years, from playing PSO back in "the day", and in later years he was (and still is on occasion) on a podcast called Interactive Distractions. They used to talk about the bombcast a bit, so I checked it out, and then later the site.

Made it SUPER strange (and awesome) when Jason eventually started working here!

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guys on Talkradar (RIP) used to mention Giant Bomb from time to time, I even think Brad made a guest appearance on one episode if I remember right.

Anyway I checked out the website and I remember the first quicklook I watched was for Fallout New Vegas and since then Giant Bomb has been the first thing on my bookmark bar.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sometime in early 2013 I was walking around in the city with 2 hours to kill and literally nothing to do so I looked around for podcasts in itunes and just started listening, then kept listening.

After half a year or so I decided to sign up for premium in order to give some money back for the excellent podcast, then I started following the video content as well.

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Gamespot used to be my site back in the day, then I fell out of video games for years. When I got back into them in late 2010 I started going back to Gamespot and listening to The Hotspot(was pretty good when Brendan Sinclair was hosting). Then at some point somebody in the comments had mentioned Giant Bomb and Jeff getting fired and I looked it up and saw some of the names of people that left GS around that time and I had remembered the names from years ago(Gerstmann, Shoemaker, Navarro & Caravella are pretty recognizable names). I think the first GB content I saw was one of their E3 night shows from 2011. Hooked since, but shame I was only around for a little bit of the Whiskey days before they got bought(which I thought was a totally crazy thing to happen). So I've been around for most of GB's life but I still feel like a new fan 'cause I missed out on the first 3 years.

silentflare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started to become interested in podcasts, and bombcast was highly recommended, i tried listening and i became a fan, i also liked the forums and how great the community here seemed to be.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asylumrunner said:

Dan.

I was a big fan of Dan's at GI, especially for the Replay stuff, so when I saw that he was moving to GiantBomb, I came over to see what the site was about. Never going back.

Seeing as you were at GI, can you or anyone else tell me why gameinformer is blocked in Russia?

They might be holding a grudge against Dan.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Via the Bombcast. I don't remember if it's because Retronauts ended or I was just looking for more podcasts to listen to, but after looking for video game podcasts suggestions most of the lists had this on it. I remember the 3/19/13 episode (Cyborg Wars) being the first but I could be wrong.

After that I started watching the video content and sampling the premium stuff via YT. When I heard there was a sale on memberships I signed up immediately.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Where did that jeff guy go? I liked his reviews on gamespot? Wikipedia says he went to a giant bomb

Blog?? Hmmm, this is a nice blog, what are all these "how to build a bomb videos"? Seems interesting, they have a podcast? I like podcasts! Lets do this

asylumrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dudeglove: No, I was a fan of Dan's while he was at GI, not while I was at GI. I, sadly, have never worked there, haha

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I watch a bit of the Persona 4 ER many years ago, but I can't remember how I got to it. About 2 years back I finally got around to playing it, and then remembered the Endurance Run and finally watched the whole thing. About a year and a half ago I was transferred to another country for 6 months, and boy, not having a social life makes you have a lot of free time all of a sudden. I watched a lot of old premium stuff during those months, and here I am!

Kalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had a friend that kept sending me links to various bits from quick looks and the podcast, and eventually after some combination of the Creeper Cam / Babysitting Mama bits I started listening to the podcast and fell into a filth hole.

iamian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came for the Persona 4 endurance run. People were talking about it in a Justin.tv chat of another streamer playing the game. I think I discovered it about 30 episodes in. I got hooked and watched every piece of content on the site after catching up with the ER.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I used to work outdoors by myself and I listened to a shit load of podcasts. I decided I wanted to listen to a video game podcast. I saw Giant Bomb had some pretty raving reviews on itunes so I downloaded it. This was during the summer drought. There was very little video game talk and I wrote the dudes off. Fast forward to last summer and I find myself in need of a video game podcast still and I decide to check in on the duders again-I've listened to a lot of podcasts and had gotten into some after an initial turn off. So I tried it again. This was about a month after Dan started on the site. I remember laughing so hard at some of his stories, and me being in a depression found his unbridled optimism inspiring.

I became a premium member that holiday season and have started listening to the podcast from the start. I love these dudes. I'm listening to the Australian Beef email stuff again as I type this.

arbayer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By arbayer2

It was family. Basically, on one of my brother's family visits from SF probably back in 2013 he played a whole bunch of GB content including Bombcasts and the QL of Farming Simulator 2013. This was right as most of the Yogscast LP series I'd been regularly catching were either on hiatus or between episodes/seasons and back then I didn't have quite as relatively broad a repertoire of content creators to watch as I do now. The humor hooked me immediately, though I thought it must have been just a few one-off good episodes of just another gaming website. I eventually started watching QLs under my own volition and realized that generally the staff are on-point way more often than the average so I tried out a premium subscription.

I bore witness to the origins of Metal Gear Scanlon, its appeal being self-explanatory, and other things relevant to my interest like Demo Derby, the Mailbag, Wrasslemania, etc.

I grew up with MGS and PlayStation Underground CD Mags (thanks again, bro), so that's a personal case of "holy shit lucid childhood memories" for you.

I eventually became attached to the rest of the site and staff both from a historical and persona standpoint. The website's a bit of a microcosm of industry experience and beyond the laughs it's genuinely fascinating to see another professional, less consumerist yet more relaxed perspective on everything. And it's something you'll hear a thousand times from a thousand people but... I just wish I'd joined up early enough to see more of Ryan, frankly. It'll be awesome to retroactively see the site mature via archived content at any rate.

dantey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Watched Greg Kasavin's video review for Dreamfall: The Longest Journey after I played it. That is how I found about GameSpot and the their editorial team. After the events of fall 2007, I followed the guys to see what they were going to do, while still visiting GS from time to time (I still visit it, though mainly for the news). Still remember the blog site form '08.

jigenese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Jeff has mentioned in the past that most new comers discover Giant Bomb through the podcast. This is how I discovered it back in 2008.

People get on iTunes, type in "video game podcasts" and Giant Bomb always shows up because it's one of the most popular. They listen to a few episodes and get hooked! Happened to me and probably happens to a lot of people.

Vetsen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asylumrunner: Yup. This. Dan is the best, in the worst possible way.

somethingodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got on board to see most of Mario Party Party and Metal Gear Scanlon. This was after watching bits of UPFs on youtube and their Quick Looks earlier.

I kinda wish I got on board earlier so I could have seen the greatness that was Ryan Davis in action.

Avatar image for holymountainman
Holymountainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Holymountainman

I had heard about the podcast but whenever I went to listen to it saw the 3 hour length and was intimidated about what the hell could take up 3 hours a week (how wrong I was).

Then I had some outdoor work and saw the 2014 game of the year caed tosts in my feed. Listen them for a week while working and was hooked by the madness. Started on thme regular pod and now a a premium subscriber. Pretty much constantly have something on "while i'm doing other shit", to quote Jeff.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By kasaioni

Youtube. Motsly compilation videos from @turboman and some other people. Then I started watching full quick looks for a while. And I eventually subscribed right around the time Vinny was moving to New York, but before Dan and Jason were announced as new hires.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was watching The Spoony Experiment trying to cover Deadly Premonition, and after he stopped, I went here for the Endurance Run. I dug that, so I watched the Persona 4 ER and was pretty much hooked. Took a few years to start listening to the podcast and not until last year to start subscribing, but I'm really glad I did (and also glad I dropped Spoony).

Avatar image for fridaynightfights
FridayNightFights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to leave videos of people playing games running while I do other things because it makes for interesting background noise. About... 6-7 months ago, I came across the Persona 4 Endurance Run on tv tropes and decided to give it a shot.

That made me curious about Giant Bomb so I searched YouTube and came across pantherx's best of giant bomb videos. I watched THA HOOP GAWD and was hooked, started listening to the podcast and burned through all of 2014-2015 at work, signed up for the site and am now premium through 2017.

flexy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to listen to TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox's TGS podcast but I was getting tired of it. One day biscuit mentioned that he took their format from Giant Bombs podcast, so I gave it a try and was hooked from there

prewaroregon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By prewaroregon

I followed Jeff and them through the GameSpot days through the video reviews and On the Spot, but lost track of them after they all left. I realized I had to check out Giant Bomb after hearing Brad's voice again after so long on an episode of the Games Radar podcast where he was a guest.

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember the specifics, but I stumbled upon a couple of "TANG" videos.

This was a fair few years ago now, and for video game stuff I had been watching Screwattack. This was a looooong time ago when it was pretty much the original people over there (before Tom left).

Aaaaaaanyways, the TANG brought me, and I never left.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By burgavo

I used to go to GameTrailers for my reviews and to listen to/watch the InvisibleWalls podcast and I also listened to the EpicBattleCry podcast for some more humorous content, but after Shane Satterfield left GT the show kind of started to fall apart and EBA had some issues as well at that time (I think). I had seen Jeff on Geoff Keighley's Bonus round a couple of times and decided to check out the site and landed on the bombcast, I enjoyed it so I started listening to that but didn't really engage with the rest of the site until I stumbled onto the Quicklook for DarkSouls. I was looking for any kind of coverage of the game in the 2 days between the US and EU launch and the long format Quicklook video really hit the spot. Been hanging around ever since and after the tragic events of 2013 I kind of felt I owed the guys for all the hours of entertainment I had gotten out of the site (and I wanted to see all the old premium stuff with Ryan) so I decided to go Premium.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By BrainScratch

My account here hasn't made a year yet, so I guess I'm still a new GB fan?

So, I basically have to thank @dannyodwyer for indirectly introduce me to Giant Bomb. I'm a big fan of his since his first show on GameSpot UK and, after he moved to USA, he started to mention Giant Bomb on his videos and had Jeff as a guest on The Lobby once in a while, so one day I decided to google it, saw the TMNT Training Lair Quick Look and that was enough to make me subscribe to the YouTube channel. I watched some videos randomly, until Danny joined Dan to do the Hatoful Boyfriend Quick Look and close after that Dan and Jeff did Giant Bomb vs A Rollercoaster and that's when the addiction to Giant Bomb started. Then I started to watch some of those "Best of" videos on YouTube and the final push was when someone on the Giant Bomb subreddit kindly gave me gold so I could watch Metal Gear Scanlon.

Since then I've become an huge fan of the site, I renewed my Premium Account, visit the site every single day and watch and listen to most of it's content. Since then I also went to the last page of the Videos section and started to watch videos that seemed interesting from latest to newest (funnily enough I just got to the Hatoful Boyfriend Quick Look this week), I absorbed most of Giant Bomb's history in less than a year.

It's all been great, as someone who works from home as a freelancer on a really small town in the middle of the woods, far away from civilization, Giant Bomb has been great to keep me from going nuts and kept me entertained, it became part of my life now.

Avatar image for justagreywarden
JustAGreyWarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By JustAGreyWarden

This is literally my first post. I actually found the duders trough a youtube persona that was doing the exact same thing as giant bomb, but worse. When I herd that he was inspired by this site I checked it out and it fit perfectly with how I consume content and now 10 months after downloading my first giant bombcast I have gone trough all the casts after 2012. This site is the perfect mix of knowing the preferences of the person and the mainstream gaming media. It's really great.