Nintendo E3 Demos at Best Buy

f00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you guys think it would be worth it to drive ~1-2 hours to Austin to check it out on Wednesday?

Want some of that sweet Luigi loot.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@f00 said:

Do you guys think it would be worth it to drive ~1-2 hours to Austin to check it out on Wednesday?

Want some of that sweet Luigi loot.

Honestly not sure. The games that will be available for demo play won't be announced until after the Nintendo Direct on the 11th.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Andorski

There is a BB ~30 minutes away from me with the Nintendo Demo Station and I'm not even considering driving that far. What demo could possibly be worth the trouble of driving that far away?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah I dunno, man. I think I'd rather just watch videos of the demos being played. Let others do the dirty work.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm about 90 minutes away from one of the participating Best Buy locations, but I have no intention of making the trek.

It isn't really the drive that's led me to that decision though. It's more a combination of not liking the stress of playing a game at a demo station with a line of people behind me and a fear that I would be disappointed by the set of demos on offer.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I certainly have no problems with driving. I have the Emeryville, San Jose, and Tracy locations to choose from, all approximately equidistant from my house. It probably won't be worth the trouble if you don't live close to one of these Best Buys or live in the same urban area.

I'll probably be going there. I have some friends who'd like to go, and this will certainly give me something to write about, as well as something different to do this summer.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Not at the distance unless you're a die hard Nintendo fan.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'd go to mine if the best buy up the street had it, but they ignored Tucson. There was such a small availability of these things that I don't really see the point. There was like one in my entire state.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus

I can get to a Best Buy in less than 5 minutes.

...I'm not sure my local Best Buy even has a WiiU kiosk. I suppose I haven't been in there in a few months. Maybe that's changed.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

I'm about 20 minutes from a Best Buy and they do have a Wii U kiosk set up that no one uses.

...maybe? I don't know. I hope some of those games are things that interest me. The Wii U has me interested in one game, SMT X Fire Emblem; if they can get me interested in a few more then I'll consider getting one.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Probably not. For Nintendo games you usually see enough in their direct communication videos to really know whether something will be of interest or not. Wasting a bunch of gas to play a long with something slightly before where you would otherwise get to play it does not seem like it is worthwhile.

If the demos already exist they should eventually hit eShop anyway.