• 68 results
TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By TobbRobb

All this Dark Cloud 2 talk made me really interested in the game... Does it do all the annoying "drink water or die, your weapons suck and break all the time" that Dark Cloud did? Because that was such a turnoff for me when I tried the original.

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Zenogiasu

I would say WoW, but I'm assuming that there wouldn't be enough people in this Orwellian scenario to play with me.

So let's go with Civ V.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By Superkenon

@D_W said:

My answer to similar questions like this is always the same. Dark Cloud 2. Why? Because there is so much to do in that game it's incredible. It probably has too much to do in it.

I like your answer. When this bleak, humorless future comes into effect... we must join together in a secret underground lair, and play our copies side to side. "No! This time, my Sindain will be superior!!"

Oddly enough I'm playing this right now. I thought about the series again, went back and played through Dark Cloud 1... and now I'm on this one again, pondering how I'll design my Balance Valley this time around. But, yeah... a fun weapon crafting system, town building, ROBOT BUILDING, fishing, and like three mini-games associated with obtained fish, weird-ass golf, whatever else I'm forgetting... and a bunch of other sub-goals to shoot for as well. This game is packed with features, most of which you can spend a lot of time on if you so desire. Me? I'm satisfied with building weird towns alone.

Still crossing my fingers for a good sequel someday...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#54  Edited By Slag

Probably Warcraft III. I've already played that more than anything else and multiplayer can add years of playability to a game. I like the map ediotr and such better than Starcraft II as well.

I'm tempted to say Dragon's dogma since I'm having so much fun with it, but realistically another hundred hours of DD or so and I'll likely be done with the title.

Minecraft as others have said is probably the smart choice, with enough skill you could probably build some other games in it. But I've never actually played it so I don't know if I like it.

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By bananaz

I would give it up, honestly. Most other forms of leisure though? So life consists of work and bodily functions? No room for works of art or imagination? It would never last. I would have no impetus to contribute to that society, personally. Survival and propagation are not enough. I would find a form of leisure for myself. If creating my own game-like system is out-of-bounds, I would just grief people in real life and disrupt their game-like system. If the hypothetical overlords are going to play Sim-City with me and reduce my existence to cog-hood, why not?

I just realized I'm talking about project mayhem from Fight Club.

Otherwise, Diablo 2 with mods. Then I would take up modding it. There are better choices, probably, but that's my answer.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Neverwinter Nights 1 w/expansions.

Good, complex gameplay and a very powerful editor that was relatively easy to learn, meaning I could make modules and flex my creative muscles as well as paying modules made by other people.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By mandude

Hmm, some strategy game like Total War: Shogun 2 or Civilisation V.

Can it be a game that doesn't exist yet? I'd like to wait for The Creative Assembly to make some more stuff, because I'm pretty sure that some day they're gonna make my favourite game ever.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By Undeadpool

My roommate always said Tetris was his answer to Desert Island Videogame questions. It's an interesting choice, but frankly if I'm living in such an oppressive regime, I think I'd choose Earthbound to uplift and make me happy in these trying times.

SarjuTheRapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SarjuTheRapper

TETRIS

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By gaminghooligan

Something open world. GTA San Andreas or maybe 5 if it ends up being good.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By redcream

Tetris has infinite replay value so there. Unless an open-world RPG with a tetris mini-game exists.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Jrad

At first I thought, "Why, Europa Universalis 3!" but then realized that once I can regularly beat the AI, that game will cease to have much appeal. Next I thought, "Nethack, perhaps? Or Stone Soup?" but there's a similar issue. Once I achieved mastery in a roguelike, I'd probably cease to get much enjoyment out of it. So then, the answer became clear: Dwarf Fortress. If we assume that videogames are super underground, then I'm guessing Tarn won't be able to continue updating it, but even in its current state, I think I could get more time out of it than Nethack. On the other hand, if Tarn were to continue updating, DF could literally last me a lifetime.

I'm pretty sure I'll still be playing some incarnation of Dwarf Fortress 10 years from now -- and I'm sure it won't be anywhere near version 1.0.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#63  Edited By Sooperspy

Red Dead Redemption + DLC.

High_Nunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By High_Nunez

Fallout 3. I'd be like the fiend on the streets that everyone knows is one of those "gamers", and everyone just chuckles as I pass. I don't care because they don't get it! I needs my games man! I'll suck your dick for some DLC!!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By ajamafalous

Diablo II

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By zeforgotten

PlanetSide 2

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By huntad

I'd become a developer and make more.

Clairabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Clairabel

@High_Nunez said:

Fallout 3. I'd be like the fiend on the streets that everyone knows is one of those "gamers", and everyone just chuckles as I pass. I don't care because they don't get it! I needs my games man! I'll suck your dick for some DLC!!

Best answer so far!