Playing Catch up

iyaoyas615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iyaoyas615

I just jumped ship from an old iMac to a brand new Alienware and I'm kind of playing catch up with PC games any suggestions? I play just about anything so feel free to suggest away.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

If you are into this sorta thing, I would highly recommend Amnesia: The Dark Descent. 

thisisalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By thisisalan

By "catch up", do you mean you're looking for recommendations from the past X years or just good PC games in general? If you haven't played it, I'd definitely recommend The Witcher from 2007. It's an excellent adult's RPG with some interesting decision points and a superb soundtrack. You'll also be set up perfectly for the sequel coming out this year.

iyaoyas615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iyaoyas615
@thisisalan Mostly PC only games that I was unable to play from say four years but just looking for some insight. The Witcher sounds good I will give that a try.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

half life 2, the episodes, left 4 dead 2, counter strike source, garry's mod, team fortress 2, great games that i play on my computer.

MisterDunlap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MisterDunlap

Anything made by Valve. Also, Starcraft 2. That's all you really need. I promise. 

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Example1013

Oblivion, I'd say. Hell I just purchased a second copy for my new computer because of all the DLC they never put up on DLC.

thisisalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By thisisalan
@iyaoyas615 said:
" @thisisalan Mostly PC only games that I was unable to play from say four years but just looking for some insight. The Witcher sounds good I will give that a try. "
Awesome! If/when you start playing, don't let the first chapter put you off — the game picks up pretty dramatically once you get out of the starting zone.
iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iDarktread
@Akeldama said:
" Amnesia: The Dark Descent. "
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#10  Edited By BeachThunder
@iDarktread said:
" @Akeldama said:
" Amnesia: The Dark Descent. "
"
And a Penumbra is fine too.

*insert obvious mention of Crysis here*
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

Civilisation V has me hooked for minimum 12 hours every time I play. I don't have a lot of sessions clocked in, but I average more hours per session than any game I've ever played I think. 

iyaoyas615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iyaoyas615

Civ V is probably a no for me my attention span is that of a gnat unless something blows up or bleeds every five minutes or so...and I've tried to play so many civ games from the old days and then revolution on my 360 because it's always so highly praised but I guess I just don't get it or again my attention span is horrible.