So long as they change the l2 and r2 buttons to be not shit it looks alright

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Poppduder

Yeah, looks pretty legit. It could certainly change here and there before launch but thats probably pretty close to what we'll use.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Nilazz

I really hope it's bigger than the last couple of ones, the size of this looks far better.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think I like this controller. It's definitely a plus on the looks. I hope it functions even better also.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By isomeri

At least it looks like they've fixed the sticks. Kind of disappointed though that the grips are still so small.

Edit: Also is that a Move-light that I see on top?

Beaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Beaker

At first I thought it looked a bit weird, but the more I look at it, the more I think it's something I could get used to.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

"Kotatsu"?

And as long as it fixes the triggers, alright. I'm not sure about those analog sticks either, but to be honest I didn't really like the old DS analogs either.

The D-pad looks cool I guess? One issue I've noticed lately with my DS3 is that pressing down sometimes activates the left input too and the other way around, so putting them as separate buttons will probably be good, if a little weird at first since not a lot of first party pads in general I can think of have done that before.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It looks like a third-party controller.

Guess I'll wait and see.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

My initial reaction was "that looks stupid," but upon closer inspection, I could really be into that thing.

Also, note the blue light on top. If the PS4 ships with a PSeye, I think we all know what that light means, and that is an awesome implication.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#13  Edited By Kidavenger

The face button placements are way off, they are too far apart and the x and square buttons are almost touching the analog stick housing, they would be almost impossible to use. Calling bullshit on this one.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Yeah they need to make the triggers not only good but also act as triggers in shooters. It's really weird switching between consoles and having the firing button switch from RT to R1.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just change the L2/R2 buttons and I'll be happy.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

My initial reaction was "that looks stupid," but upon closer inspection, I could really be into that thing.

Also, note the blue light on top. If the PS4 ships with a PSeye, I think we all know what that light means, and that is an awesome implication.

This was mine as well.

Also, I bet that's not quite the final design, though I'd say it's pretty close. If it is, I'll be fine with that. It looks a little heavier and a little bigger and has better triggers, which is precisely what the old controller needed. Also has the advantages of both concave and convex sticks, at least just from the looks, which is a cool compromise.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Kotatsu" is still funny. xD

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a big fan of the PS3 controller but this thing looks cool, I like it.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty ok the more I look at it. The only thing I hope for is that they make the R2/L2 triggers somehow interchangeable between the current squishy ones and proper full ones. The squishy ones are great for braking in driving games, and I would severely miss the control that offers.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, that looks real bulky. What is that grill in the front? Microphone? Speaker? I hated all that Move crap Sony tried to shove in front of players so I hope its not real. I would much rather have a lighter controller with a longer battery life than the additional functionality.

I posted this image from Reddit a few weeks ago which is my favorite concept mockup. It doesn't show the triggers but I hope its the real thing.

No Caption Provided

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like that they continue to give the D-pad placement preference over the left analoge stick. It's great for fighting games, and worse for just about everything else. Not a huge problem, but it probably means I will continue to prefer the Xbox controller. It also looks a bit too much like an old Logitech PC controller for my tastes, but they could fix that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the handles stay that way. I'm a fan of Logitech's gamepads, mostly because they're like the PlayStation controllers, except that the handles are more...grippable? That's a word now. The PlayStation controllers have always been a bit too thin for my tastes, so anything that makes the handles bulkier is a plus for me.

This is unrelated to this thread, but I hope the touchpad in the center doesn't mean that the PS4 UI is like the Vita UI. I'm not a fan of the Vita UI, personally, but it's easy enough to interact with when the handheld is in front of you. I can't imagine how clunky it would feel by manipulating it through a controller several feet away from a TV.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

This is my favorite part of the new console cycle. Sifting through all the rumors, leaked images, and mockups is tons of fun.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron: I agree with you but I think Sony will stubbornly stick to the current analog configuration merely because its become their "thing "and it differentiates them from MS. I hope they reshape the handles to make it more ergonomic, this may address people's complaints about the sticks causing hand cramps.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dub thee "DUALCHIN 4".

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woof. I really hope the final design is better looking than that.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Looks like they made the handles a little bigger and maybe changed the angle there at also so it will be more comfortable. The analog sticks look odd, but looks like they might offer a better grip for thumbs. The only other thing besides the touch pad/move i would like to see is the L2/R2, having them curve outwards like the 360 would fix the only slight problem i had with the Dualshock 3.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Those sticks look terrible.

SuliPatchouli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks kind of chunky and ugly. I wouldn't be surprised if this concept is legitimate but I expect that it will see some form of refinement by its actual release.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Its said that this is one of a few prototypes so its still going to go through alot of changes, something tells me that little screen will light up with something, be cool if it just wasnt a track pad. All in all i dont mind it, looks just as bulky as a 360 controller.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The top of sticks look weird.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

We should take into account that if this is a prototype, that this will certainly not be the final aesthetic of the controller. Check out the prototype of the Wii U Gamepad:

No Caption Provided

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous: Do you realize if its legit this is a prototype?

So many questionable comments. I mean, you have enough common sense to know that dev kit behind the controller isn't what the PS4 will look like.. right??

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nilazz

I wonder if that is a headphone jack we see underneath it.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Grimluck343

That's a really... weird looking controller. I wonder what you would use such a small screen for? It reminds me of the old Logitech keyboard that had an LCD stuck on top of it that you could program to display what game your playing.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

We all know how reliable a source Keikaku.com* is, right guys?

*keikaku.com is japanese for "plan dot com"

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny to read comments thinking that the dev. kit is what the final design of the console looks like. If anyone has seen the original dev. kits for the PS3... holy smokes, that thing looked like a massive bulky PS2 :P

The controller though is probably closer to final design, but I would not be surprised if it was shinier and a bit different in looks. Usually early dev. kit equipment isn't even made from the same material as the final one, like cheaper plastic etc.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous: Do you realize if its legit this is a prototype?

So many questionable comments. I mean, you have enough common sense to know that dev kit behind the controller isn't what the PS4 will look like.. right??

I do in fact realize that; that doesn't render my comment untrue.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

That looks like some Madcatz shit right there son.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It still looks too small. The palm-nubs look too stubby and short for comfort. The triggers look like they're still probably going to be too stubby (I always have to buy the $5 extenders via Amazon to make them usable for me). The little display thing in the center looks like it'll probably be annoying -- and be more of a hassle when the controllers die (you know, non-replaceable batteries and all).

At least it doesn't seem to be too dramatic of a change, though.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if this isn't the final product, I think it looks fine.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks like a good size, if that front center piece is the touchpad, that looks rather small.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup it's a prototype. People judging it's aesthetic now are stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not the final version. Looks like a cheap piece of shit from this but I'm sure the final version will be aight.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they went with the screen in the middle to try and ape with Nintendo was doing. That worked out so well last time with the six axis. At least Flower used it well.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah looks like the new PlayStation pad will use the same d-pad as the Vita which is great news.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

That looks way too stupid to be fake.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By super2j

Forget the controller, what do I have to do to get my ps4 to look like the dev kit there. That this looks baller (I say as I realize I would never buy it if it looked like that for real)

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it looks interesting. i just hope that the triggers are good. the back of the ps3 the triggers sometimes hit my fingers. i also hope that the handle aren't small and grip able.

it looks like a touch screen, screen. i wonder what it's for.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stepped over to Joystiq and everyone seemly hates the thing. I don't think it looks that bad and the light up-top leads me to believe it will have built in Move capabilities.