playstation and wii owners missing out

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

before I got my xbox 360, I hated anything to do with fps games.
but overall, I hated everything that played with duel analog, do to lack of much experience and a few bad experiences in the past. I had only one good experience with a first person perspective game, and that was metroid prime.
I taught it was so good that I try out something like it.

When I got my xbox 360, I eased myself into the dual analog games with ghost recon advanced warfighter. I got somewhat used to the controls and started playing some fps demos. All of them sucked except for rainbow six vegas which was okay at the time (now its great). Anyways, I went back to Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and finished it. After that I was ready for the holy grail, halo: CE. Blew me the hell off of my feet. Could not believe how smooth and perfect the combat felt. It took a little while to get used to the vehicles but once I got used to that the game became incredible.

I for a fact know that ps2 and gamecube and every console preceding it does not show how well a fps can play and how cool it can be. So do yourself a favor, get a 360, slowly immerse yourself into dual analog controls, and you will be into a new whole genre the likes of which you never imagined. Honestly Halo 3: CE, is the third best game of all time (to me) right after Zelda OoT and Super Mario 64. Its awesome, trust me. And yeah, it sucks that xbox live isn't free (sucks more that people prefer it that way), but xbox 360 is the only way your going to get into this genre. Again, its kick ass!!!

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

In before flaming then the eventual lock. I do agree with you though, which means this post will also be deep in negatives by nightfall!

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Sigh.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush

Each console has its advantages and disadvantages...unless you own every single system, you're missing out in some way.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Lunarbunny

In before keyboard & mouse.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fr0br0

You are about 7 years late. But now even the PS3 is catching up in terms of quality of FPS games.

Yeah and pick up a PC shooter. Your mind will be fucking blown...

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax
dcpc10 said:
"Keyboard and mouse is the best for FPS games...nuff' said"
I resent that.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Wait, all you talked about is how people are missing out on "dual analog"...the PS3 has dual analog. :/

Ichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Ichi

Mouse + KB is the most precise aiming method for FPS games, not 'best'.  Personally I prefer gaming on a gamepad, but obviously a mouse can aim better.

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mugugipan
Kush said:
"Each console has its advantages and disadvantages...unless you own every single system, you're missing out in some way."
I believe most people have not had the fps experience that the xbox and xbox 360 brings. I have owned psx, n64, ps2, gamecube and xbox 360. I' ll tell you, the console that really stood out (as something different) was the xbox. Its because of Halo, and Far Cry and Gears of War. I am telling you, YOUR MISSING OUT!!!
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By kush
mugugipan said:
"Kush said:
"Each console has its advantages and disadvantages...unless you own every single system, you're missing out in some way."
I believe most people have not had the fps experience that the xbox and xbox 360 brings. I have owned psx, n64, ps2, gamecube and xbox 360. I' ll tell you, the console that really stood out (as something different) was the xbox. Its because of Halo, and Far Cry and Gears of War. I am telling you, YOUR MISSING OUT!!!"
The first thing I'll point out is that you can't spell...and the next thing I'll point out is that most people would say that you should be playing on a PC to get the true FPS experience...which means that YOU are missing out.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By get2sammyb

... And the next thing your pointing out is the fact that evey developer now thinks it's neccessary to create a first person shooter with a tiny single player mode and some multiplayer modes, set in World War II or some kind of space/alien conflict where you play as a big muscled dude with a shaven head. Fair enough if you like these type of (design by number) games but I see us heading for a slight crash.

It's too early to doom monger yet but there's no doubt more and more developers are jumping on the bandwagon of "LETS MAKE A MULTIPLAYER SHOOTER" because that is sadly what sells to "us hardcore".

Nevermind the Wii destroying the video game business -- question how much of an emphasis the number of shooters in your games collection is having.