SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

That means you...

- Don't make non-gaming topics in general discussion, and instead use off-topic.
- Don't make posts in general discussion or a main console forum (360, PS3, PC, etc) that are related to a specific game or series that already has a page and forum devoted to its discussion.
- Don't make posts about a specific console in the general discussion forum.
- Only use the console boards to talk about a specific console or talk about more than one series at a time.
- Only use general discussion to cover topics that relate to gaming in general, or topics that cover more than one console.

Tons of people here seem to be ignoring what seems to be the intended way to use this forum, so I'd like to see how many are doing things the right way.  To those who haven't thought about this subject before, and have been posting everything in just one or two forums, I hope this post gets you thinking and nudges you in the right direction.

Speaking of which, if a mod or admin sees this, I'd like to request a "site discussion" forum, so we can keep general discussion all about gaming and so people who wish to talk about the site wouldn't see their posts fall down the list quite so quickly.

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Why_So_Serious

That would be me. Lol not trying to brag but I haven't done any of those things. It has only been a couple days so give it time and the site will be cleaned up. Anyways we really don't need this topic I can foresee a flame war. I hope I'm wrong.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tec3297

That wouldn't be you because you just posted this SPAM topic.

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By banksrob

hmm what is the actual point of this topic?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
Why_So_Serious said:
"That would be me. Lol not trying to brag but I haven't done any of those things. It has only been a couple days so give it time and the site will be cleaned up. Anyways we really don't need this topic I can foresee a flame war. I hope I'm wrong."
Yeah, I hope you're wrong too, but I understood that's where this could go.  I don't mean to come off as telling anyone what to do, just point out that the forum has specifically been set up to be used a certain way, and a lot of people are ignoring that.  Just think of it as using the forum the way the Giant Bomb staff intended, rather than me trying to come off as a gloating jerk who's yelling at people, "you're doing it wrong!"  That's really not my intent here, so I hope no one feels as such.
Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vlademir

I do! =D

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

A "Site Discussion" thread is a good idea, but for now, just post in one of the existing Suggestions threads.

Zoidberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Zoidberg

lol, I haven't even made a thread, so the first part is out. I'd like to think that I've done this, though.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Origina1Penguin

You have successfully created a paradox thread.  Congratulations.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By OroJackson
Zoidberg said:
"lol, I haven't even made a thread, so the first part is out. I'd like to think that I've done this, though."
i haven't made a thread either, but if I did I would follow the rules.

I swear.....

What don't believe me?....

FIne, whatever....

I hate you guys.... *pouts*
TDot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TDot

I like how everyone with a high post count on the side there is such a troll and who come here and post about how this thread is pointless. I'm hoping everyone gets used to the rules shortly. I haven't posted much so I think I've followed those rules.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By serbsta

I suppose i do, yes.

Sign.