buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By buzz_clik
No Caption Provided

As a lifelong fan of horror, I've always felt it's a pity Halloween isn't really celebrated in Australia. But the fact that 2017 sees the Halloween month of Shocktober having its 13th day land on a Friday? Well, I couldn't let that opportunity pass.

Continuing with my recent PETSCII jag, I've made a tribute to the unluckiest day in the spookiest month, with a C64 rendition of everyone's favourite hockey-lovin' psycho killer, Jason Voorhees. This is the first time, however, that I've ever applied any sort of (admittedly limited) animation to my PETSCII stuff.

Happy Friday the 13th! (Well, it is here in Australia.)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Oh wow, I missed the other blogs. Wouldn't have even thought this was done using something limited like "PETSCII" (which I've only just learned about thanks to your blogs), it looks so spot on. I wasn't thinkin Friday the 13th the franchise when I clicked this thread, so Jason, a machete, and distressing flickering in the middle of my screen was a bit of a spooky surprise.

These all look great! Got a half-hour 'till Friday over here, but Happy Friday the 13th all the same?

Is that an actual thing? Celebrating Friday the 13th? Why not, I suppose.