Predict the Metecritic scores of August's Biggest Releases

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

So August is coming up, which is normally the first month of what many people consider the video game equivalent ref the Movie Box Office Season. As the said title describe, what meteoritic score predictions do you have for the months biggest or most notable game releases? Any games you think will surprise some people with its high scores? Any games you think will disappoint? Here's the list of the most noteworthy titles and my predictions as to what score it will get.

• Madden 18: 82 (Recent Madden games have scored within the 81-83 range, so this seems par for the course.)
  • Tacoma: 89 (I got this sneaking feeling that Fulbright might outdo themselves after Gone Home.)
  • Life is Strange: Before the Storm: 73 (This game had a lukewarm reception at E3 mainly because a different developer is in charge and they didn't get the original voice of Chloe back, who's the star in this prequel. So unless they surprise everyone, this doesn't bode well.)
  • Sonic Mania: 85 (People are anxious about this one. It looks like somebody finally made a decent Sonic game in the vein of the classic Genesis games, yet its suppose to be the 2D Sonic game the Saturn never got.)
  • Agents of Mayhem: 79 (Could end up being pretty neat, but maybe the lack of news/hype that I've seen is why I think it will score below 80.)
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: 88 (Will definitely score pretty high, but I have a feeling this will be shorter than the average Uncharted and that might make it score below 90.)
  • Everybody's Golf: 78 (Looks like an ambitious new direction to the franchise, from creating your own golfer to doing different activities like fishing. But this might be met with a polarizing reception between those who like the new ideas and those who want an old school Everyone's Golf/HGS game.)
  • Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom: 86 (This was a big surprise for many at E3 and it won many strategy game of the show awards. Unless it becomes a massive disappoint, I actually have faith in a game w/ Rabbids in it.)
  • Yakuza Kiwami: 83 (Apparently Yakuza games don't get super high ratings. 0 is at a 85 and I think this will have a slight dropoff.)