Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Akyho said:

@BraveToaster said:

I wonder if he ate any kimchi while he was there.

Oh Gods...

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Cincaid

@Sweep said:

Can't want to get my hands on those photos

Hö hö, Sweep can't spell, giggle

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By blueneurosis

You know, this is a pretty nice format should any of the other GB crew want to do a travelogue/debrief video of their travels. I'd be down for that.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By sockemjetpack

Fantastic. Can't wait for the archive so I can watch it again.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#105  Edited By Hector

Hopefully the archive version is up tomorrow. I completely missed it.

Shreik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Shreik

Can't wait to see this vid! I'd really like to take the trip myself, there is something weirdly appealing about visiting North Korea.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By umdesch4

Yeah, I watched it all, the last 1/4 or so with a screaming full bladder that I chose to ignore. But I'm already looking forward to watching that again. Can't wait for the archive.

grenuttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By grenuttag

I just bought a premium membership because I know tomorrow there'll be an archived copy of Drew talking about his wacky North Korean antics...right?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By Akeldama

@alternate said:

This is the very definition of what they want premium content to be. It is not video game related and really just of interest to fans, so the justification for doing it during the work day is that it is premium content.

Exactly. People are so quick to forget this is Giant Bomb. A website. About video games? About video games!

Shit like this is the very definition of premium content. This argument is like watching a movie on a plane for free and getting all pissy when they don't show the special features. People need to stop bitching about this or pay the fucking $50.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#110  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Cincaid: T____T

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By cyraxible

@grenuttag: If we're lucky. Most likely though it'll happen Monday.

Regal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Regal

So they announce Drews' return podcast on the main site and assert that he has a lot to say about it - and then locks out all regular users. Yuck.

If I were CBS I would require this to be standard procedure. All content should be announced and teased to everyone and just as the video starts the screen blacks out for most people and a 'premium only' sign appears. The beauty about this is that you never knew if it was going to be free or not until it you actually try to watch it. Keep the people guessing.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#113  Edited By Hizang

It sucks that I missed this, I anticipate its arrival on the site.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By triumvir

I missed the damn thing because of long-standing dinner reservations. I hope they put it up on the site soon, stories of North Korean tourism are totally surreal and always entertaining.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I know I am going to sound like an idiot, but can someone explain why it's a big deal to go to North Korea? I am just wondering why everyone seems baffled. I ask for the answer to not be condescending please. I legitimately want to know.

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By EvilKatarn

Tried to watch it live last night, but the stream didn't start on time and I was too tired to wait, so..

Watching the archive now. Awesome stuff!

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117  Edited By EuanDewar
@PainGod89 They do a good job of explaining that in the video.
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#118  Edited By louiedog

@PainGod89 said:

I know I am going to sound like an idiot, but can someone explain why it's a big deal to go to North Korea? I am just wondering why everyone seems baffled. I ask for the answer to not be condescending please. I legitimately want to know.

It's been discussed multiple times in every single thread relating to Drew's DPRK trip and near the beginning of the video. If you still can't figure it out i'm not sure that anyone can explain it to you here.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119  Edited By Draxyle

@PainGod89 said:

They're a totalitarian regime not far removed from stories like "1984", Orwellian style. They've been isolated from the rest of the world for around 50 years, and they simply don't let anyone in under normal means.

They've only recently started opening more and more "tourism", but it's restricted to such an extreme severity. You aren't allowed to actually go where you want in North Korea, you have to follow a specific tour that they have lead out for you. Angering any of the guards for even minor stuff there will get you sent to prison.

It's a dicey situation for all, especially since North Korea keeps threatening the world with military force. If they actually start anything while you're there, you're in big trouble.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By hockeymask27

so fucking jealous