Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been signed up to PSN since early morning and can access the store/download stuff through PS4, but haven't been able to sign-in to the official site.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JBG4

I tried to sign-in roughly an hour ago and wasn't able to. I started checking around online to see if there was any info and found nothing at first.

After a little bit more research I saw posts on Sony's official Twitter saying they were aware of sign-in issues and working to resolve them and just a few minutes after that I ran across the article in the OP with the pics from the Lizard Squad Twitter accounts with some ominous posts directed at Sony.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Why are they coming back to Sony? Do they wanna get caught? Do they not realise they could be ready to pin point those guys? It's the number one rule of not getting caught: don't come back to the scene of the crime! Ever!

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Rafaelfc

I'll never get why people do this kind of stuff...

Really hope the hammer of the law hits these guys HARD.

greedy_fly_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By greedy_fly_x

I just don't understand the rationale behind this. Ever frustrating...but they're getting the attention they want! Battle.net has had its own share of problems because of this as well. I've read about some Xbox Live and Twitch issues but I don't think they're nearly as bad as what's going on with PSN and Battle.net.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys are claiming responsibility for shit they aren't even doing. That said, the bomb scare thing was dumb and they deserve legal action taken against them for that, if nothing else.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By poser

We have created a society where hurting other people is considered comedy.... it's as simple as that folks.

Do these types of threads get locked? Or is stuff like this just "censored" by the staff for videos and stuff?

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thatpinguino  Moderator

@poser: This isn't an abusive thread, we are just discussing a hack attack that is going on against a major game company.

I really hate DDoS attacks since they are ridiculously hard to prevent without impacting legitimate users. You just need to shut down the hackers to solve this issue.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys are claiming responsibility for shit they aren't even doing.

The site's also working for me now, so might just be that. I'll still fully support FBI kicking down their door for that other idiocy, though.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

How is it these assholes are still around after all the shit they pulled with the American Airlines bomb scare? Why haven't they been shut down yet?

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't it somewhat giving the hackers what they want by mentioning their twitter account in a news article about a DDoS? Wouldn't it be better to simply report the attack and not direct people to the perpetrator's twitter account? I understand the need for trying to figure out the cause but perhaps by broadcasting it we are simply feeding the beast we are trying to get rid of.

Hopefully the authorities get ahold of these bastards. The whole PSN DDoS is really minor compared to the American Airlines shit.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CByrne
JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poser said:

We have created a society where hurting other people is considered comedy.... it's as simple as that folks.

Do these types of threads get locked? Or is stuff like this just "censored" by the staff for videos and stuff?

I'm totally lost on what you're talking about. I created the thread to let anyone who hasn't tried to use PSN that it is down and posted the possible reasoning behind that. There is no comedy, nothing funny, in the original post. It's straight forward, PSN is down, maybe here is the reason. I see no reason to lock this thread or censor it in any way and I'm sure the mods will feel the same way. There is nothing abusive at all in the OP, the responses, or any part of the thread.

Anyway, back to the actual discussion, it appears according the Playstation Twitter account that connectivity is slowly being restored.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@jbg4 said:
@poser said:

I'm totally lost on what you're talking about. I created the thread to let anyone who hasn't tried to use PSN that it is down and posted the possible reasoning behind that. There is no comedy, nothing funny, in the original post. It's straight forward, PSN is down, maybe here is the reason. I see no reason to lock this thread or censor it in any way and I'm sure the mods will feel the same way. There is nothing abusive at all in the OP, the responses, or any part of the thread.

Anyway, back to the actual discussion, it appears according the Playstation Twitter account that connectivity is slowly being restored.

Was it confirmed to be another attack? Either way, it sucks that this keeps happening.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bucketdeth: Sony didn't confirm that it was an attack, however, the link in the original OP shows some photos of Twitter posts from the Lizard Squad that seemed rather ominous in the wake of the service going down again.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Did anyone lay claims as to the NCSoft shutdown last week? This stuff happening so rapidly suggests it might be these people's "make a name" crunch time.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

How is it these assholes are still around after all the shit they pulled with the American Airlines bomb scare? Why haven't they been shut down yet?

...because there's no way to "shut them down." Even if they track down a dozen guys involved, the group will still be around. Or if not, another one just like it.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonorbitz said:

...because there's no way to "shut them down." Even if they track down a dozen guys involved, the group will still be around. Or if not, another one just like it.

I agree. I do not know much about this specific group but I'm sure there are multiple members spread across a large area which is usually how these groups operate.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i ve been playing diablo 3 on ps3 with my friends all day,so didnt know this was a thing.i had a ton of my other friends online too,so i think this only affected a small group of people.

greedy_fly_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twitch was completely shut down last night thanks to these guys.

I just checked Twitter about an hour ago and Twitter is saying that their account has been suspended - maybe the federales are on these dbags!

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greedy_fly_x: it's about time... hopefully silencing the voice and lessening their ability to reach people will quiet them down for a bit.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Corevi
@jbg4 said:

@greedy_fly_x: it's about time... hopefully silencing the voice and lessening their ability to reach people will quiet them down for a bit.

They were only suspended for 3 hours, they're back now.