Pure V. Burnout Paradise

WonderNINJA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WonderNINJA

Alright guys, I have a question.  That question is most probably implied by the title of this thread.

Which game is preferable: Pure or Burnout Paradise?

I'm considering the acquisition of either one, and money is not an issue.  Enjoyment, more so, is.

So, guys and gals?  What's the word?

Thanks.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

Have you played either or both of the demos? While I don't think a demo is a great representation of a game (I played the demo of Burnout Paradise and hated it, then loved the full version). To be honest, I enjoyed playing the demo of PURE (actually, probably immensely), but I would say Burnout Paradise. There will probably be a larger fan base on, and probably for much longer too. It also depends if you love crashing the hell out of cars.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By kmdrkul
WonderNINJA said:
"Alright guys, I have a question.  That question is most probably implied by the title of this thread.

Which game is preferable: Pure or Burnout Paradise?

I'm considering the acquisition of either one, and money is not an issue.  Enjoyment, more so, is.

So, guys and gals?  What's the word?

Thanks."
I would say Pure if you want pure enjoyment.  Burnout Paradise is a fantastic game, but can really get on your nerves (missing turns which ruins your whole race, the ten second crash clip it plays whenever you crash, etc)
Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Subway

Burnout is only fun online doing challenges. Get pure.

WonderNINJA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WonderNINJA

I played the demos for each, and enjoyed them both immensely.  I had trouble gauging which one would be more worth investing in, because of the drawbacks of each.  At least, the draw backs that apply to my taste in games.  Which follow:

Burrnout Paradise
- Entire game set in the same locale, whereas I prefer environmental variety in my racing games.
- Lack of any directional guidelines left me feeling a bit like a foreigner in a city I wasn't welcome in.

Pure
- A seeming lack of depth in the trick system.
- An apparently unstable difficulty level in the retail version.

Yet, at the same time, I noticed that the experience I got out of both was that of a very exhilarating experience.  Which is why I'm unsure.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose

I havent played Pure, but i loved Burnout Paradise

Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Mattzz10

I would say Burnout.  The game has so much content, and with bikes added... It almost seems like a completely different game.  I could see you playing Burnout much much longer than Pure.  But that is just my opinion.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Shadow

Having played Paradise City as much as I have and knowing just how much I have yet to do in that game, I don't think Pure can offer nearly as much content...or at least that's my impression from reading reviews.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MetalGearSunny
Mattzz10 said:
"I would say Burnout.  The game has so much content, and with bikes added... It almost seems like a completely different game.  I could see you playing Burnout much much longer than Pure.  But that is just my opinion."
Hey, everyone, it my twin! Where have you been.....:P.
Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mattzz10
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"Mattzz10 said:
"I would say Burnout.  The game has so much content, and with bikes added... It almost seems like a completely different game.  I could see you playing Burnout much much longer than Pure.  But that is just my opinion."
Hey, everyone, it my twin! Where have you been.....:P."
Long lost brother!!! How's it going? Wait... are you the evil one?
agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By agent_lost

I play both, i still go with Burnout Paradise. That says Pure is Fun, it reminded me of the Old Burnout (Revenge and 3) with a mix of SSX.

There both fun to play but Burnout got that extra edge.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The second I turned that game on I noticed alot of simularities between the two. Alot of the editing, flashyness and general awesomeness is conveyed well between the two.

Honestly, there is no wrong choice here.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By kush

I think they are hard games to compare, but I would definitely pick Burnout Paradise over Pure. Not only is it cheap, but you've got the recent free DLC too.

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Roger_Klotz

I played the demo for pure and I really liked it. I have burout paradise and that game is awsome too. I guess it comes down to if you want to play on a ATV or drive cars/bikes.

WonderNINJA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WonderNINJA

Well, thanks guys, it looks like they're both very well enjoyed.  I guess, then, that I'll go with Burnout for now, as it is only $30 (correct) these days.

Again, thanks.

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Yit

The pure demo was kinda fun, but I like burnout much more. The demo is not realistic, the twisty hills are awesome.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By tomance

I feel you'll probably get more time out of Burnout which is an amazing game.  Plus there is also one more huge game update coming out.  I'd go with Burnout.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Systech

I think that you will get more out of Burnout: Paradise to be honest. The bikes update is great and the planes might still be coming, but it's still holds up as one of the great games of this year.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DeadlyPain
Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Psynapse

Ahm, If money is not an option why not get both? Just a thought, you cant really compare both of the games as they are fairly different to each other and offer extremely differerent experiences. Just suck it up and get both :P (providing money is not an option as you said in your original post... otherwise get Burnout :P)