Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

dietz057

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dietz057

I've always heard this title thrown around in discussions on various podcasts, but I usually brushed it off purely due to the name.  It just didn't sound like something I was interested in.  The other night, I made an impulse buy on xbla and picked it up.  It is incredibly addictive for what is essentially bejewled.  If this one has passed you by, I would recommend going back and giving it a try.  It's only 800 microsoft points and I am currently considering picking it up on Nintendo DS.

Susan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Susan
dietz057 said:
"I've always heard this title thrown around in discussions on various podcasts, but I usually brushed it off purely due to the name.  It just didn't sound like something I was interested in.  The other night, I made an impulse buy on xbla and picked it up.  It is incredibly addictive for what is essentially bejewled.  If this one has passed you by, I would recommend going back and giving it a try.  It's only 800 microsoft points and I am currently considering picking it up on Nintendo DS.
"
I've only played it on the DS, but I loved it.  At first it seemed sort of dumb but I got addicted.  It's nice to have a DS game that you can play in small doses.  

I will definitely buy the sequel when that comes out.
logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By logson

I second this notion. I picked it up last weekend, right after the price drop (on XBLA.) Such a great way to spend $10.

DarkArmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By DarkArmada

Puzzle Quest is amazing - I've dumped countless hours into it... I reviewed it here if you want to take a read :)

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By whyzenheimer

I am a fan of the game, but I've only played a few hours of it.  In the early running it seems like the A.I. gets incredibly lucky on what pieces drop from the top while I get screwed.  Had some very close victories, which are always satisfying, but also some completely unbelievable failures where the A.I. character seems to keep getting 4-in-a-row drops and free turns until I die embarrassingly.

But you win some you lose some I suppose.  I always come back for more eventually no matter how much it pisses me off.

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evilhomer

I didnt get to play it that much, rrod, but ya it is very addicting and it's a phenomenal presentation for a puzzle game.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Origina1Penguin

The great thing about Puzzle Quest is that it has the simplicity and addictiveness of a 'casual' game, but it also has depth and strategy from its RPG elements.  Try the demo from the Xbox Live Marketplace.  You'll know from that whether you will like it or not.