Question for any gamestop employee (this is not a flame)

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By subject2change

So I was wondering if you (GameStop Employee) knew how much GameStop paid for a Software BC PS3 (The MGS4 Bundle), as well if they buy ones that have the warranty sticker removed? Cause I know they are kinda anal about things like that (they wouldnt buy my GameBoy Advance SP cause it  didn't have a barcode on it when I was trying to trade it in towards a DS Lite (Got more money on eBay anyway).

My PS3 YLODed about a month ago, I got it repaired from a store in the area and it YLOD again, they are repairing it again cause its under their 90 day warranty however I am fed up with it and want to unload it and buy a Slim asap. As I know it is most likely gonna YLOD again...and I really don't wanna drive an hour every 4 weeks to get it re-repaired...or Re-Flow it myself. 

Thanks!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

i would say just bring it in and see. i'm pretty sure they don't check for warranty stickers. this was a couple of years ago i bought a warranty for xbox 360 and it rrod and the guy just took the 360, swapped out the 360.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Three0neFive
@iam3green said:
"i'm pretty sure they don't check for warranty stickers. this was a couple of years ago i bought a warranty for xbox 360 and it rrod and the guy just took the 360, swapped out the 360. "
Really? I'd think it'd be the opposite, since if the warranty sticker is broken/gone it's pretty much a guarantee that the system's been tampered with, or at least messed with in some capacity...
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iam3green
@Three0neFive said:
" @iam3green said:
"i'm pretty sure they don't check for warranty stickers. this was a couple of years ago i bought a warranty for xbox 360 and it rrod and the guy just took the 360, swapped out the 360. "
Really? I'd think it'd be the opposite, since if the warranty sticker is broken/gone it's pretty much a guarantee that the system's been tampered with, or at least messed with in some capacity... "
well, also, when gamestop gets broken things like xbox 360. they actually send it out to another company instead of microsoft. it's atleast what the guy at gamestop told me. you don't know  if they are true or not.
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By bhhawks78
@iam3green said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @iam3green said:
Really? I'd think it'd be the opposite, since if the warranty sticker is broken/gone it's pretty much a guarantee that the system's been tampered with, or at least messed with in some capacity... "
well, also, when gamestop gets broken things like xbox 360. they actually send it out to another company instead of microsoft. it's atleast what the guy at gamestop told me. you don't know  if they are true or not. "
They checked the warranty sticker on my old 360. 

Also pretty sure you won't get any extra for it being mgs4 special ps3 unless you are selling game to,
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By ReyGitano

Sounds like it might be better to sell this one of Ebay too.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By subject2change
@bhhawks78 said:

" @iam3green said:

" @Three0neFive said:
" @iam3green said:
well, also, when gamestop gets broken things like xbox 360. they actually send it out to another company instead of microsoft. it's atleast what the guy at gamestop told me. you don't know  if they are true or not. "
They checked the warranty sticker on my old 360.  Also pretty sure you won't get any extra for it being mgs4 special ps3 unless you are selling game to, "

You do realize it is Backwards Compatible with PS2 games, right? It's not just a phat 80gig PS3.  Game doesn't have to do anything with it really, it was just bundled together. This however was the last model to feature any sort of PS2 BC. 

Iunno what to do...may stick it out with it or use it as a backup system (i.e. only use it for PS2 games and that'll be rarely), hate to basically give it away as I spent 500 on it 2 years ago... 

Did some googling as well and it's really hit or miss being able to sell it without the warranty sticker. Some check, some don't. However I don't know how much they pay for it, being they sell it for 300. I am guessing its gonna be less than 100 and it's not worth it at that rate.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, I sold them a (slightly...which is the reason I sold it, but it held up for their testing ;))working 360 arcade unit for about 65 bucks, so I would assume for a PS3 fat with BC, it would be about 75, maybe 85.  Check eBay and if you can get more than that, sell it there.  And the 360 didn't have a warranty sticker on it, they didn't even bother to check.