Remember when gaming was simple and fun?

• 94 results
Avatar image for commandergermanshepard
CommanderGermanShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes, it's turning into a PC. If Sony does this as well, The Wii U will be the last true home console...

Avatar image for commandergermanshepard
CommanderGermanShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

Thats why you should probably support Sony^^

No Caption Provided

Their E3 T-shirts XD

MMmmm maybe there is still hope.

TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TangoUp

Yeah the only reason I got into consoles was to avoid having to check every damned game's specs and worry about it playing on my PC.

Xbox One's approach to the whole DRM is stupid and I have no intention of buying it. Sony is pretty sly and I do not trust them one iota so I will wait a long time before buying the PS4. And if that system turns out to be doing the same crap, I'm done with consoles.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By rebgav

They say the age of gamers is getting older because the ones they want to chase are getting older. Those being the ones who make the most money and have the most money to spend.

The perfect Xbox gamer, to microsoft, is a single, socially disconnected, college educated, young professional male. If you're not that, they don't really want you all that much. That's why we've seen the everyone but Nintendo essentially give up on making games for kids, aside from a few lower budget "family" games that come out.

Your assessment doesn't match with the piece of hardware that they're shipping. The ideal Xbox install is a household with multiple potential customers for a range of products and services. They aren't trying to usurp the cable box in a misguided attempt to entrap grognards nor "young professionals," they're clearly interested in a much less discerning customer who still actively watches television, follows sports, and may occasionally buy a popular and highly visible videogame (probably for their kid rather than themselves). The "ideal Xbox gamer" plays Halo, CoD and Madden on their parents' blu-ray player/netflix box.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Darji

@ch3burashka said:

@darji: It's gonna be soooooooo awkward for all them Sony fans when Sony says, "Remember all those non-hurdles? Well, there are some."

It's going to be interesting if Sony maintains a much lighter touch in terms of DRM and always-online, but I don't see it happening - they're bound to push their policies as far as they can.

Here is my prediction:

DRM publisher based but Sony has no other DRM than we had this gen.

Always online or you have to connect to the internt? No only for updates when the game needs it.

If you do not hear anything of this stuff at E3. We are basically all fucked.

Personally I can live with no used game sells because 100% of my PC games are already digital and can not e sold used. IOf the store is solid and I will have a huge HDD I will mostly buy digital anyway., "Always" online is where I draw the line completely . Of course if a game needs an internet connection like a FFXIV for example or all the F2P games that were announced I am totally fine with it. As for limited user like with 10 is a no go as well. Do it like Steam and I will be fine with it.

Oh and the Thing I really need and want is Region Free. A lot games I bought this gen are in Japanese

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yeah the good ol' days where if a game breaking glitch got through QA you had to just deal with it for life. Point being, modern tech allows us a lot of things that severely crippled old school gaming. There is plenty to complain about with modern gaming but there was plenty to complain about with other things back in the day it wasn't all ponies and rainbows either.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

You can say that about pretty much everything ever. Times change. Get over it.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just stick to my PS2 for awhile longer. There are still games for it that I never got around to, and I won't have to worry about licenses, cloud syncs, on-disc dlc unlocks, etc when I go about purchasing or playing them.
Cheaper and less headache inducing.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

i do actually. been thinkin about it watching that XONE DRM discussion video.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By Wuddel

No. I calibrated my datasette on my C64, while you hippies enjoyed your "consoles".

Technology is complex. Deal with it.

Also the Spindoctors are great.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#62  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I know it's very likely for Sony to follow down Microsoft's dark path, but I foolishly still hope they'll do better. Even if they have similar restrictive features, it's possible they may be at least less malicious in nature. We'll hopefully find out soon whether or not Sony will drop the ball like Microsoft or pick it up triumphantly and make a Slam Dunk with their next console. Call me crazy, but despite all of these unfortunate things surrounding the imminent generation, I'm still super excited for what the future holds.

Edit After Sony Conference: Sony slam dunked it into a Space Jam!

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dallas_raines said:

Sony can't really do shit, if the publishers are demanding PC style DRM.

They could. Publishers go where the market goes because they are greedy as fuck. If 50 million people bought the system with no DRM and 5 million bought the system with DRM, guess which one pubs would make games for?

For the longest time, PC games were treated like afterthoughts and publishers had the freedom to use all the DRM they wanted on PC. Why? Because console games made more money.

Unless publishers force everyone's hand that wants to play games. If all publishers ditch Sony and go with Microsoft, then what are gamers to do. Most console gamers just can't take it. They'll end up buying the Xbox One just to play the latest Madden or Call of Duty. As much as I hate to say it, but if I were a smart business man I would look at this as a long term money-maker there would be less used game sales floating around and more new purchases.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nope.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Darji

@pw2566ch said:

@explodemode said:
@dallas_raines said:

They could. Publishers go where the market goes because they are greedy as fuck. If 50 million people bought the system with no DRM and 5 million bought the system with DRM, guess which one pubs would make games for?

For the longest time, PC games were treated like afterthoughts and publishers had the freedom to use all the DRM they wanted on PC. Why? Because console games made more money.

Unless publishers force everyone's hand that wants to play games. If all publishers ditch Sony and go with Microsoft, then what are gamers to do. Most console gamers just can't take it. They'll end up buying the Xbox One just to play the latest Madden or Call of Duty. As much as I hate to say it, but if I were a smart business man I would look at this as a long term money-maker there would be less used game sales floating around and more new purchases.

They can not ditch Sony completely like they can ditch Nintendo. The Playstation brand is profitable for 3rd parities. And there lies the chance for the customer. But who knows what will happen. Either they are going along at E3 or not even mentioning it or they are playing all the advantage they have and announce no online requirements and malicious DRM on PS4.

Maybe the pressure from big publishers forced Sony to invest a lot of energy on Indies as well to counter that. Indies and smaller devs are loving the Ps4 that is for sure. Ubisoft will support everything. The biggest question is EA and Activision.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#66  Edited By isomeri

I want to say I do, but I really don't. I remember having to fiddle around with dirty NES carts and scratched CD's for the PlayStation. My early PC game memories are filled with hardware compatibility issues and horrible performance on my old HP.

Playing video games has never been as simple as it is today.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Remember when games weren't free-to-play and did not have an assortment of hats to collect? Games were no fun back then.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#68  Edited By LackingSaint

If only there were some way to not support something you don't like.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still play games on my N64 :)

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@dallas_raines said:

Except they're not. Microsoft is trying to dodge bullets by pointing the finger to evil corporate publishers but that's just... not the case. Interviews given with Ubisoft executives and Activision executives have already expressed bewilderment at Microsoft's strategy. Take Two has come out and said they had no idea this anti consumer strategy was in development. Microsoft's strategy is solely to benefit Microsoft. Make no mistake, bleating publishers (like EA) are not the reason this is happening.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@darji said:

@rebgav said:

MY LAWN IS NOT AN APPROPRIATE VENUE FOR YOUR SHENANIGANS!

Hey, the Xbox One is shaping up to be an awful product but you can just avoid it - and avoid the people telling you that you cannot avoid it. It's not the end of the world.

People are weak

No Caption Provided

That is beautiful.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fuck

Man, that was dumb. Sony went full on beast mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony certainly does.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

IM GOING FULL ON DARJI HERE YOU GUYS

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By excast

It's nice to see one company still knows what we want in a new console and is willing to give it to us.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By excast

It's nice to see one company still knows what we want in a new console and is willing to give it to us.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Max_Cherry

Hell yeah I do; and it's going to stay that way thanks to Sony and the PS4! This is history!!!

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Max_Cherry

Hell yeah I do; and it's going to stay that way thanks to Sony and the PS4! This is history!!!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mrfluke

hey people, shutup for a second and lets enjoy the moment here, sony truly truly listened to feedback and was very reactionary

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mrfluke

hey people, shutup for a second and lets enjoy the moment here, sony truly truly listened to feedback and was very reactionary

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mrfluke

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By LiquidPrince

Yeah I do. It's called the PS4.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By LiquidPrince

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mrfluke

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By mrfluke

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow theres a lot of double triple and quadruple posts

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Wow theres a lot of double triple and quadruple posts

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mrfluke

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By mrfluke

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Fuck that, managing memory cards was a pain.