Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Darji

@zeik said:

@darji said:

@zeik said:

@darji said:

I already said it in the Bombcast waiting room but I am not sure if Ryan would have liked that to cancel all the stuff. It was his life and when people die they don't want to be remembered that way but rather have a huge party etc. It is all to the Crew to decide what to do. No matter on what they decide it is the decision I will understand and support.

Yeah, when it comes down to it they can't put it off too long, because otherwise the site could suffer, and I'm sure Ryan wouldn't want that. I don't think it would hurt to take a few days off though. Or at least be lax in content.

I was not talking about any money issues I am pretty sure that is the least of their concerns. I was talking about paying him respect. I do no know if Ryan was the type of guy that wanted all this sadness going on but instead having more "fun" to all this. As strange as this sounds but people can be like that too. But again this is a decisions his best friends should decide.

I wasn't necessarily talking about money (although they obviously can't take like a month off), but more just the site itself. Obviously the crew should take what time they need to process all this, but Ryan didn't seem like the type who would want to see everyone moping around for weeks and not enjoy themselves.

I don't even know if he wanted all these sad posts and threads. Even if its hard I think you should laugh at his favorite moments and post them than rather sink into sadness. Remember him with a smile and laugh rather than a sad face.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Whatever feels comfortable to them. If it was me, I'd want to work through it. But like someone said, everyone deals with death in their own way. If it takes them a week, or if it takes them a month, I honestly wouldn't mind.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should take as long as they need, only they will know when they are ready, everyone deals with loss differently

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By McGhee

I kind of feel that Ryan would want them to do something big and ridiculous. Have a party. But that would be tough for the guys to do, very tough.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Darji

@mcghee said:

I kind of feel that Ryan would want them to do something big and ridiculous. Have a party. But that would be tough for the guys to do, very tough.

Yeah totally feel the same. That is why what ever they will decide I will support it.

Vigil80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Vigil80

Whatever the crew decides, the community will be here to support it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

You know I wouldn't blame the crew for taking some time off but at the same time I think Ryan is the kind of cat that would have wanted the show to go on. He was always very prideful on having the Giantbombcast delivered on Tuesday even if it meant he had to stay editing it way longer than he wanted too. He was a consummate professional.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff will do what is right.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By lord_canti

i think the most they should do is a "in honor of Ryan Davis" live stream other than that they should take the week off try and get there heads in check...wouldn't blame them if there wasn't content next week ether

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if they want to. More than anything, I just want to know how they're doing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope they choose whatever feels right for them, and don't pressure themselves into doing something they don't feel comfortable doing in this tough time.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I really want a bombcast. Even if it's all about Ryan I just wanna hear what the guys have to say. However, it's understandable if they don't.

Davin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

My thoughts go even beyond this. Will Giant Bomb even survive without Ryan or will they just get rolled up into GameSpot at this point? :/

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like its already started, but I would love some front page repost of all the good Ryan Davis highlights if just to revisit them one more time.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65  Edited By Nodima

All I can think of is the surprising number of football players who have come out to play the week that their father/mother died in recent years and had the game of their lives. I don't have any haste for anything because a lot of what these guys do is live and I'm not sure they could do a podcast or live stream that wouldn't get exceptionally awkward at some point this week. But then I really don't know these guys as well as I'd like to think, none of us do. It's just a wait and see situation, although the fact they ultimately work for CBSi does probably weigh on their production timeline at least a little bit.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should take as much time as they need .The last thing I want to see is the guys breaking down crying on a live stream I don't think I could handle that .:(

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#67  Edited By fox01313

Understand if either one happens, I'd kind of feel that Ryan would want the site to keep up with the news of games/quick looks during the next few weeks of what games and/or news that come out but I'm understanding of any delays which might happen that will not affect my loyalty to giantbomb in any way if it goes silent for a while. Best of luck to the GB crew during this time.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@davin: I can't see them recovering from this. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone went their seperate ways after realising that they can't recapture the magic. It just won't be the same.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've read, I'm being selfish. I sure as hell hope that there is "content" this week. Not in the traditional sense, but a "memorial week" of content dedicated to Ryan would be nice. I don't know. I will understand if nothing happens, but I think it would be therapeutic for everyone.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever the guys decide is best.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just can't help but feel bad for jeff every drive in will be a bummer.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they'll do a bombcast, Ryan was huge on them never missing a bombcast...I could see them doing a bombcast where they just talk about Ryan.

But who knows, because I think they usually record on Monday and it seems like too crazy a day to record one. My guess? They record a short bombcast about Ryan Tuesday morning and get it up in the evening and that's all they do on tuesday. Either that or they have a massive one with everyone from Brad Muir to John Vignocchi.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

It's been said. Whatever they want to do. We'll all be thinking the same thing even if they do.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Ryan would want them to keep with the content. I would understand if they decided otherwise.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's up to them really. How they think it's the best way to handle it.

It will always be tough, though. If it's tomorrow or a year from now. It will be tough for a good while.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Is Vinny still trapped at home? Even if they were up to it, I dunno if I'd want to hear anything without the three remaining main guys all present.

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dungbootle said:

The guys should take the week off. They could take the month off for all I care. It's a tough thing to process.

This.

Agreed.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should do whatever they have to do

Fenrisulfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole situation really sucks. But you know what?

Nothing stops the Giant Bombcast.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Personally its up to them, but one of the best memories I have of Ryan was when he did the skype vid bombcast right after the new year / christmas holidays 2013 and he said they did one of these cause they never missed a week of the bombcast and he was pretty damn proud of that. Best way to remember I feel is let the show go on, cause that's what he would of wanted.

zrais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to do whats best for each of them.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like they should take a week or two off, unless they wanted to keep working. I can't even imagine how they must feel about this. I guess I'm not sure if Giant Bomb keeps going.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Like everyone else has said, they should decide what they wanna do but if they kinda shut down for a few days or a week I don't think anyone would hold it against them.

ashton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ashton

@phoenix654 said:
@jasonr86 said:

It's up to the staff. I'd completely understand either way.

I concur. Sometimes the way to get through something like this is to soldier on, but sometimes it's best to take some time to face up to it and deal with it. Either way, I'd be all right with it. Take your time, duders. We'll be here when you get back.

Agreed. I'm sure it will be hard to be in that office with his desk empty.

I'm sure they will do something as a tribute. Perhaps a video or podcast with a bunch of guests who knew Ryan just drinking and sharing memories of their friend.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#85  Edited By TheMasterDS

I don't think Ryan would want them to break their streak. Do a bombcast heavy on Ryan Davis memories, get Dave in if he's free, Skype Alex or Patrick in if possible, blow it out. Do liveshows too. It's what he would've wanted.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taking a break would be the best option for the GB crew. They just lost one of their best friend's, and trying to continue working right after Ryan's death would be to much..

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

They should do whatever they want. Nobody on here has the right to demand anything, paying member or not.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I've never considered my subscription to entitle me to content, more that is a means of showing appreciation for what the guys do. It would seem mercenary to the point of inhumanity to expect the guys to do anything other than grieve for their friend right now.

They have my complete support should they choose to take some prolonged time away from the public eye. Please take as much time as you need. Jeff, Vinny, Brad, Drew, Patrick et al....We all stand with you.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't even bring myself to watch any any content, it must be infinitely harder for them to even think about making any. Ryan was the heart and soul of the site.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't doubt if they'd tried some sort of tribute live show of some sort with all friends and colleagues chiming in on their relationship with Ryan, maybe play some shitty Sonic games since he would LOVE that. Its up to them since this is obviously way in another universe compared to someone just moving on from the job.

I'm personally having a tough time reading all the posts without tearing up.. hell I'll probably stay away from those vids since I'll probably lose it. God I'm probably weird.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#91  Edited By extintor

I'm personally having a tough time reading all the posts without tearing up.. hell I'll probably stay away from those vids since I'll probably lose it. God I'm probably weird.

same here duder... I know that the intent is positive and commemorative but started to watch one of those vids and just started straight up crying... I can't believe how much the passing of someone I've never met has affected me.

chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly they should do a "Best of Ryan" week or weeks. Just post memorable Ryan videos like TANG and his QLs. It's all we should ask of them and need in terms of content.

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a premium subscriber I'm 100% ok with as little or lot of content that the crew wants to make. Take the month off if you want and I'm completely ok with that. Whatever needs to be done, let's be human about this.

JesterPC238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to imagine that the guys are completely devastated. This all probably didn't feel real until today, so it would be understandable if they didn't want to post anything this week.

That said, I'd love a memorial show, though I almost wish they would do it... Outside of the office or something. I don't think I'll be able to watch any live shows on the set for a while.

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loosechange said:

same here duder... I know that the intent is positive and commemorative but started to watch one of those vids and just started straight up crying... I can't believe how much the passing of someone I've never met has affected me.

I don't think it's weird at all -- I've been on the verge of tears since finding out. It's different than a celebrity passing away because I feel that the Ryan we saw and heard wasn't a persona, it was Ryan being Ryan. And it's tragic that he's gone.

shrinerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deegee said:

@davin: I can't see them recovering from this. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone went their seperate ways after realising that they can't recapture the magic. It just won't be the same.

in light of this tragic news, that is the scariest thing i've read in a while. If GB goes away, I will quit the fucking internet and huddle in a corner while crying myself to sleep every night.

JesterPC238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're not weird, Ryan had a profound effect on a lot of duders' lives. My girlfriend came home to me sobbing at my desk, luckily she knows what Ryan and the rest of the crew mean to me.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#98  Edited By kerse
Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Either way will be appropriate. I completely understand if there is no content for quite a while. This is a very personal site. So we mourn together.

smiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's what Ryan would want, and more importantly I think the entire community needs the staff and the staff need the community.

I think it's going to be good for everyone to keep things moving, keep up the energy, as Ryan did so effectively whenever he was present.

If that back and forth between staff and community can continue then it will help the healing process. No one is going to pretend nothing has happened, but I believe it's best to celebrate a person's life and achievements. This site is a great achievement of Ryans, he was instrumental in building this incredible community (including the staff).

So let's band together, now more than ever. Of course if the guys need time alone with their thoughts then that's what should happen, but I think it's healthier for all involved to stay active and talk about this.