Skyrim, Witcher 2, Dark Souls

Avatar image for deactivated-6082f30752bdc
deactivated-6082f30752bdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Which do you like. I think Skyrim is the more enjoyable experience, but The Witcher 2 is the better RPG. It has better combat, characters, and story.

Avatar image for deactivated-6082f30752bdc
deactivated-6082f30752bdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which do you like. I think Skyrim is the more enjoyable experience, but The Witcher 2 is the better RPG. It has better combat, characters, and story.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

Only played 2 hours of witcher. Seems pretty awesome. But between dark souls and skyrim it is dark souls everytime. I enjoyed the hell out of skyrim but dark souls... Man it's somethin special

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Well, I at least finished Dark Souls so I guess that says something. Skyrim and Witcher 2 are in my Summer Backlog so I will finally finish them eventually. Still, Dark Souls is a pretty unique experience that I highly recommend.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By elyk247

Skyrim, it has the best world to explore and the most interesting story. Dark Souls is all about gameplay, with little as far as a story goes, and I've not played The Witcher 2 yet so I'm not going to pass judgement on it.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Turambar

Dark Souls, Skyrim, Witcher 2, in that order.  All are great games though.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Animasta

Witcher 2, Dark Souls and Skyrim

I liked Dark Souls, but the story of Witcher 2 is way way better and that's what I like so yeah. I also never completed Dark Souls (I stopped at the Dragon dude in the library)

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Turambar
@Elyk247 said:

Skyrim, it has the best world to explore and the most interesting story. Dark Souls is all about gameplay, with little as far as a story goes, and I've not played The Witcher 2 yet so I'm not going to pass judgement on it.

There is actually a whole lot of lore that can be found in Dark Souls, all found through item and spell descriptions, item and spell locations, and NPC dialogue.  Enemy locations goes into it as well.  Everything in that game is unexpectedly purposeful, rarely incidental.
Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Phatmac

I love Skyrim, like Witcher 2 and don't care about Dark Souls.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spoonman671

I've become too focused on optimizing my character (maxing out enchanting and sometimes smithing) in Skyrim to actually enjoy it anymore.  Dark Souls is fun, but lightning weapons really soured me on the whole experience of building my character, which, by the way, will take forever unless you choose the master key at the beginning of the game.  The Witcher 2 is pretty cool, but the story didn't really hook me and the gameplay felt kind of static so I gave up on it.

I guess I pick Dark Souls?

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By doobie

no need to choose. all three are great... enjoy

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By dillonwerner

I like them all, but Dark Souls is such a unique experience it is by far my favorite out of the three.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By cyraxible

Dark Souls opened my eye to how little fun I was having actually playing Skyrim.

I need to get around to Witcher 2 but a lot of the animation jitters put me off from the game at first but now that it's all enhanced I have no excuse.

Get Dark Souls.

@Spoonman671: I'm curious as to how lightning weapons soured you on Dark Souls.

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Tsoglani

The Witcher 2, and then Dark Souls. Hell, even Demon's Souls is one you should think about, possibly better than Dark Souls, still haven't made my mind up about that. Skyrim will most probably get you the most mileage though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Humanity

@Tsoglani said:

The Witcher 2, and then Dark Souls. Hell, even Demon's Souls is one you should think about, possibly better than Dark Souls, still haven't made my mind up about that. Skyrim will most probably get you the most mileage though.

I'd argue that Demons Souls was better than Dark Souls despite some interesting and much needed new concepts that were introduced in the latter.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ares42

Didn't finish any of them, but I like them all for very different reasons. Witcher 2 is great for it's controlled environment, everything in that game is deliberate and has a purpose. Skyrim on the other hand is great for it's uncontrolled environment, with most of the fun coming from just screwing around. Dark Souls though is great for it's mechanics. The two other games focus on the content experience, while Dark Souls is all about the gameplay experience. However, as I already said, I never finished either of them as they all also have very blatant shortcomings.

Also, on a sidenote, I wish every fucking RPG to come in the future implements a trophy slot for gearing like Witcher 2 did, as it's probably the asbolutely best minor feature I've seen in an RPG in a long long time. Even better, make all the gear like that. Wearing a wolf skull as a helmet and a bear skin for a cape etc etc, it's just awesome.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I'll have to wait until my new rig is built because Witcher 2 barely runs on my rig at 720p, let alone native (1920x1200) to really weigh in on this properly, and I never played Dark Souls on consoles, but will be picking it up on PC seeing as most of my gaming buddies are so obsessed with the game that they are buying the PC version. But Skyrim is really fucking awesome, and I know for a fact that I will play a hell of a lot more of it when my new rig is built and I can renew my love for the game with ENB and a crazy amount of texture mods.