SNES Classic at Walmart

Twoflower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twoflower

Just secured my preorder, want to make sure everyone knows you can preorder snes classic at Walmart.com right now!

Twoflower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly not a question, in my haste to inform Bombers I fucked up my first ever forums post!

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shiftygism

Once it hit Slick Deals it was dead within minutes, got an order in, limit was two, and there's word some folks are getting cancelled.

Also they may be doing waves, I got a suggested pick up date of 10/5 for mine, while others are on release day.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slid in there at just about the last minute, watching it like a hawk to see if it stays.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Mine got cancelled...

Twoflower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No cancellation email yet, I feel silly now that I didn't get 2 just to be able to help out a friend. Hope it comes in waves so others have a chance, but I suppose if they're cancelling that doesn't bode well.

kaungo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got notification from walmart as soon as it went live and was able to order one within 5mins of preorder going live. Feeling pretty good about my order placement for now. There is a google group that will send you an email/text as soon as preorder goes live. Subreddit minisnes is also a good place to stay in loop if you missed this round.

Good Luck!

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck to my American duders.

Good to get confirmation this is gonna be another mess.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#9 Marino  Staff

Got mine within 3 minutes of Wario64 posting about it.

We'll see what happens I guess.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Unlike the nes classic, I actually want this thing real bad. But much like the nes classic, I don't think I'll be able to get one anytime soon. :(

I'm happy for the people that got in a preorder though (excluding the fucking bots/ebayers who should go away forever.)

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlike the nes classic, I actually want this thing real bad. But much like the nes classic, I don't think I'll be able to get one anytime soon. :(

I'm happy for the people that got in a preorder though (excluding the fucking bots/ebayers who should go away forever.)

I just want the software on the Switch, and maybe a bluetooth version of the controller. Having to buy additional hardware is total B.S. I don't have extra HDMI ports for this crap, and the controller cords will be short anyway.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan
@bigsocrates said:
@themanwithnoplan said:

I just want the software on the Switch, and maybe a bluetooth version of the controller. Having to buy additional hardware is total B.S. I don't have extra HDMI ports for this crap, and the controller cords will be short anyway.

I mean, yes, that's preferable, but having a piece of dedicated throwback hardware to something a lot of people have nostalgia for is pretty cool in its own right. But given the rarity of these kinds of things I tend to lean toward your point of view more often. I don't know the current state of the Switch's online platform (since I don't own one yet), but I can imagine it's not great given Nintendo's track record. The idea of having a home console/portable device hybrid with all my favorite old Nintendo games on it sounds wonderful, but time will tell how well they support and update the virtual console for it (or whatever equivalent they implement.)

Edit: Also, if you think about how much each game costs on the already existing virtual console on the Wii U and 3ds, (21 of them at 5 to 10 bucks a pop - assume Star Fox 2 would be around that if it were released already) and add up the total cost it would probably be around the same either with the hardware or digital selection. So in a way the cost is irrelevant. Although your point on the physical annoyance of it is still prescient.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp...

"Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall. Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake. The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart Dot Com prior to that date for any updates. "

No Caption Provided

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just like the NES Classic, I originally wanted to get one of these, enough that I put in an order when Walmart seemed to have them...but now, I'm much less sure if I care. Guess I can just mentally write it off again. Star Fox 2 would've been cool to own legitimately, but eh.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Walmart just sent me another email implying my preorder was still in effect and the delivery date had changed.

Yeah, I doubt that.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mine got cancelled as well. Oh, fuck you, Luigi.

Loading Video...

ianmarkx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Walmart.com now says release date Sep. 29th, but that could just be a generic placeholder date.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@ianmarkx said:

Walmart.com now says release date Sep. 29th, but that could just be a generic placeholder date.

Unless I'm remembering something wrong I think Nintendo said Sept. 29th right when they first announced the thing. Even if I am remembering that wrong, Nintendo's website currently says Sept. 29th, so it's the right release date.

I want one of these things way more than I wanted the NES one, which I didn't even bother trying to get. I'm really doubtful I'll be able to get hold of one, though.