swam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By swam

So according to this:

"Bungie's upcoming sci-fi shooter MMO Destiny will not be coming in 2013, according to a press release that publisher Activision sent out this morning. The release explains that Destiny is not included in Activision's 2013 outlook and "there should be no speculation or expectation of a different result"

It looks like Destiny won't be hitting the XBOX and PS3 until first quarter 2014 at the earliest, with the supposed next gen consoles dropping the end of 2013, how does this really work?

Unless MS and Sony have been planning all along to give their current consoles a holiday send off and then the new consoles arrive in early 2014?, or, will there be two versions of the game for this and next gen machines?

It's a confusing one, as I had previously assumed Destiny would release prior to the next gen of consoles and an 'updated for next gen' version would arrive afterwards.

Any thoughts?

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I would imagine there would be versions for both generations of consoles, if not I think they are making a huge mistake.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a case of "can't announce a game without announcing platforms" and they can't announce it for next gen consoles because "they don't exist".

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would imagine there would be versions for both generations of consoles, if not I think they are making a huge mistake.

This. It has to be. You can't start a 10 year franchise and not have the first installment on the new hardware. Especially if this game is going to be a persistant world. That would be like making the next WOW expansion linux only.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I believe it was for next gen hardware the 2014 release date

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Personally, I would just really like a PC release announcement.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If it's isn't for new consoles, or PC and it comes out after this year, I am really not interested. Persona would be the only exception but even then it would be with a great deal of groaning and complaining.