Sony Issues Handy Chart, Giant Bomb Issues Handier Chart

Ututu222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#301  Edited By Ututu222

Alright, this chart is accurate, but Jeff's assessment of the situation seems appropriate. All it does is blatantly pull all of the selling points that only a retarded assmunch who shops by walking in a store and looking at advertising would miss. That seems like the kind of move someone backed up in a marketing corner would do. I'm not an expert on the subject, but that's the impression I'm getting.

And stop bolding your damned text you hooligans.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302  Edited By GioVANNI

Hey, with 360s, you get the realistic sounds of a jet-engine.  What other console on the market can do that!?

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#303  Edited By Optiow

I don't plan on getting a Ps3 for a while. I am fine for now with my Ps2 and PsP.
But I will never get a 360 or a Wii no matter what the charts say.

jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#304  Edited By jimbojones
ez123 said:
""i knew the 360 was acually worth more"  Me too, that's why I got one -_-"
Do you enjoy this as much as I do? lol
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By cspiffo
@ LiquidPrince,

Because it's like comparing apples and pears.  It's similar but not quite.  If they really wanted to make a comparison they should have compared a dollar for dollar system with the PS3.  Did you know that there is a 360 system that costs $399?  Maybe just maybe they could have compared that system to the PS3.  Instead this ass clown of a PR rep decided it would be fun to compare a package sold for half the price off the shelf then tack on all this extra stuff a consumer may or may not want in order to make his system look good.  It's not a good comparison and a lot of people are deservedly calling him out on it.  Everyone on the planet knows if you buy for less you get less.  People just need to decide what they value and how much they are willing to pay for it.  This is yet another half truth in a long line of half truths.  Personally I like the PS3.  I just don't like how the people behind it are running the show.  They started out arrogant and when that didn't work they started acting desperate.

The comparison, while mostly factual, is not actually a fair one.
eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#306  Edited By eXists

It's all about the software, let's do a comparison of the number of TOP rated games for all consoles, it's not even close 360 is way ahead... please be objective, no fanboyism here just facts

Sekoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#307  Edited By Sekoku

What's the matter, Jeff? "Buthurt" as the kids say over Sony bringing up a good point? $499 for a base price with everything the X-box 360 wants to nickel and dime you for is a good deal, no matter if it's "grasping at straws" or not.

Bring this point up to a 360 fanboys face and the first thing they spout is "DURR OPTIONAL" which isn't the point. You shouldn't have to pay extra to match what another console has FOR FREE in one lump sum.

But yes, the PS3 has no killer app that applies to everyone like Halo does for the 360, so that's going to dog the PS3 for a while.

Avatar image for alucardalacarte
AlucardaLaCarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#308  Edited By AlucardaLaCarte
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By agentboolen

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE HE IS GETTING THE HAM SANDWICH WITH ALL OF THOSE FEATURES!!!  My Subway only gives me 4 slices of ham 2 cheeses and then optional toppings on a ft long.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#310  Edited By ez123
jimbojones said:
"ez123 said:
""i knew the 360 was acually worth more"  Me too, that's why I got one -_-"
Do you enjoy this as much as I do? lol"
It's amusing but for some reason I thought this site would be different. 
Ilton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Ilton

I'm not a fanboy by any means I think all the consoles are great, but shouldn't game systems be about GAMES??? and not movies or wi fi? all these things are great additions but if there are no good games then it's really not that great. PS3, in my opinions, has two good games MGS4, and LBP, that is not worth 400 or 500 dollars. The xbox 360 is a weaker system in some aspects but at least I enjoy the games I play. Again, not a fanboy. I just think Sony lost focus of what matters.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By TwoOneFive
Ilton said:
"I'm not a fanboy by any means I think all the consoles are great, but shouldn't game systems be about GAMES??? and not movies or wi fi? all these things are great additions but if there are no good games then it's really not that great. PS3, in my opinions, has two good games MGS4, and LBP, that is not worth 400 or 500 dollars. The xbox 360 is a weaker system in some aspects but at least I enjoy the games I play. Again, not a fanboy. I just think Sony lost focus of what matters."
do you really think resistance 2, uncharted, ugh...i could name all the great ps3 exclusives, but you can't seriously think they aren't good?
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By TwoOneFive

just makes me think that what if all the games ps3 has had so far were all released on 360? for some reason i think they all would have had massive 360 fanboy followings. 

Bodycount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#314  Edited By Bodycount

lol sony is so full of shit, for shame on any ignorant casual who picks it over 360.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By thiago
@Ilton

"I'm not a fanboy by any means I think all the consoles are great, but shouldn't game systems be about GAMES??? and not movies or wi fi? all these things are great additions but if there are no good games then it's really not that great. PS3, in my opinions, has two good games MGS4, and LBP, that is not worth 400 or 500 dollars. The xbox 360 is a weaker system in some aspects but at least I enjoy the games I play. Again, not a fanboy. I just think Sony lost focus of what matters."

Wi-fi is essential for online gaming, Blu-ray allows for more content. The PS3 has awesome games, and until 2008 both systems were comparable in terms of great games. But in 2009 the PS3 is ahead, way ahead. The games scheduled to be released this year are leapfrogging the 360 in terms of graphics and technology.

Denying the great games PS3 has is pure fanboyism. If MS doesn't take a rabbit out of the hat, because they have no big title for this year, the PS3 will end this year as the best gaming console without a doubt.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By thiago
@TwoOneFive

"just makes me think that what if all the games ps3 has had so far were all released on 360? for some reason i think they all would have had massive 360 fanboy followings. "

Yes, I think the same thing. Some people try so hard to shoot down every great game for the PS3 that it is kind of embarassing. Uncharted is one example of a game that deserves a lot more than it has received.

If Uncharted was released for the 360, then you would see some "games journalism" (journalism  between quotes, because it is a joke) sites championing it as the best thing since sliced bread, and how this proves the 360 "is easier to develop for" and has "the best games", and hordes of trolls in forums posting screenshots of it on every thread where a comparison with other consoles were made.
Threens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Threens

I was wondering and my wondering became pondering and my pondering became a spreadsheet (that's just how these things go). I came up with the following price for my 360 and it's functions and my PS3 which is out of the box as of Dec. 21st (I love my wife). 360 cost = $539 (elite with controller and wifi adapter) PS3 cost = $539 (80 gig with HDMI cable and controller). So I guess I'm the lucky one where it worked out to be the same (with only the slight difference of 40 gig more on the 360 and Blu-ray on the PS3, however this does balance out as I can download HD moves with the space on the 360 and watch Blu-ray on the PS33). The extended costs including games was a lot more of course.

chplusink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By chplusink

Sony assumed too much.  Built-in wifi adapter?  Not everyone needs it.  In fact, out of all my friends, I'm the only one who uses wifi for my consoles.  Not everyone wants a Blu-ray player, especially, when online digital rentals and purchases are eventually going to replace optical drives.  Blu-ray will eventually replace DVD as the optical format, but the optical format will no longer be a relevant medium by then.  I have a PS3 and have only used the Blu-ray player once, just to see if it works.  I rent my HD movies through my computer.  Yes, I believe the hard-drive is a necessity for people older than 10yrs of age, but those people will purchase the normal 360 package, which is still cheaper than the cheapest PS3.  As for the HDMI output, most people don't even have HDMI compatible displays.  Why use that to justify prices, when most people worried about prices aren't going to have expensive HD TVs or are willing to "settle" with a component output.  Not to mention that 360s now have HDMI ports (no extra charge).  Also most certainly, not everyone wants to wait 5 years after getting their console to reap the hardware's benefits.  By then, a new console by the competitor will be out for approximately the same price.  I'm not saying that the PS3 is a bad console, because a console's quality depends on the type of games an individual prefers.  However, these arguments by Sony aren't really addressing the issue of whether a person wants to pay for those extra features if they don't want or need them.  Also, aside from MGS4 and Little Big Planet, my PS3 just hasn't seen much use.  Whereas my 360 has the attention of a spoiled single child.  Sony shouldn't be putting out press releases, arguing with consumers about how their product is worth it, but convincing us of their console's worth with better decisions and better games.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#319  Edited By JonathanMoore

Lmao, Hilarious graph.

-- God Bless.

sofakingcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By sofakingcool

Online that works and actually has people to play with = $4.17 per month

Online that is broken and resembles a barren wasteland = free!
chacho89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By chacho89

LMAO love Giant Bomb!!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#322  Edited By LordAndrew
Sekoku said:
"What's the matter, Jeff? "Buthurt" as the kids say over Sony bringing up a good point? $499 for a base price with everything the X-box 360 wants to nickel and dime you for is a good deal, no matter if it's "grasping at straws" or not.

Bring this point up to a 360 fanboys face and the first thing they spout is "DURR OPTIONAL" which isn't the point. You shouldn't have to pay extra to match what another console has FOR FREE in one lump sum.

But yes, the PS3 has no killer app that applies to everyone like Halo does for the 360, so that's going to dog the PS3 for a while."
You must have missed Thiago screaming "KILLZONE!!!" Clearly that game is going to blow our fucking minds.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By thiago
"Sony assumed too much.  Built-in wifi adapter?  Not everyone needs it.  In fact, out of all my friends, I'm the only one who uses wifi for my consoles."

They do need it, but because they haven't they learned to live with the limitation. Sharing internet connection without wireless between many devices is a pain.

"Not everyone wants a Blu-ray player, especially, when online digital rentals and purchases are eventually going to replace optical drives.  Blu-ray will eventually replace DVD as the optical format, but the optical format will no longer be a relevant medium by then."

I have a problem with this argument because it seems to come from someone who doesn't know the world outside its frontdoor. First of all, in the short and medium term there will be the need of a physical device. It's going to take some time until people get used to "owning" something they can't touch.

Second, this "future" of yours has one BIG impediment that makes it not viable. It is called "good broadband connection". A broadband is not enough, it has to be a good and cheap one. So first a considerable quantity of the world population needs to have cheap and good broadband connections (which implies they also own a PC and know how to use the internet), then they need to buy the necessary hardware, then the services across the globe for that kind of thing (rentals) must be there, and, for last, they need to get used to the idea of not having the movie in some physical format.

It's going to take at least a decade or more. And oh wait, is this any a visionary thing? No. Anybody that hasn't lived in a cave would notice that things have been going online for the last 15 years, and look at where we are now: YouTube. And its image quality sucks (and it is slow to load if you don't have a good broadband connection). That's as "widespread" as it gets, and there's no other service global or big enough to match it.

By the time online HD video gets popular BD will be very old. Not to mention that BD is the industry standard, so there's only one way to go, Blu-ray.

It's perfectly valid to say that YOU don't need a Blu-ray drive, because... because... you don't want one. But this is the industry standard and there's a reason to have it today, not in some 10+ years in the future.
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#324  Edited By chililili

Can someone close this mess of fanboyism and lock the thread please?

Nothing new is being brought to the discussion.

One thing though: The ps3 does not have FREE features, these features are included in the initial price, they may be cheaper, but they are not free. I think if you are gonna go all out ps3 is better, if all you can spare is 200 dollars then get the arcade, but you'll have to pay for the hdd later.

Last, people are alternating between sucking Jeff's dick and flaming him. Don't take him that seriously he is not a definite judge of videogames, that being said I think it was mighty stupid of him to run a news/blog that cannot be interpreted as anything other than fanboy flamebait. I mean did he seriously see this going anywhere else, while typing this up? I think this should not have been put in the website, as early on it was said that System wars was not going to take part in this site.

Karmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Karmann

HAM SANDWICH WINS CONSOLE WAR! OVER A GAJILLION SOLD!!!

p.s.  ...Registered sex offender 10$ add-on. <--that right there is pure gold.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#326  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I see what u did there......

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By cspiffo

Me thinks thiago there needs to change his sig color.  He's so blind to his one sidedness he's actually deluded himself into thinking he's neutral and unbiased...

Dude you need to take a chill pill.  Attempting to shoot every comment down with your own opinion isn't really necessary and makes you come off as loud and pompous.  I think everyone by now knows where you stand on the subject.  Let it go....Goooosefrabahhhh!!!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By LiquidPrince
cspiffo said:
"Me thinks thiago there needs to change his sig color.  He's so blind to his one sidedness he's actually deluded himself into thinking he's neutral and unbiased...

Dude you need to take a chill pill.  Attempting to shoot every comment down with your own opinion isn't really necessary and makes you come off as loud and pompous.  I think everyone by now knows where you stand on the subject.  Let it go....Goooosefrabahhhh!!!"

Actually a lot of what he said makes sense and is totally valid. If you can't dispute it, then don't post just to bash it.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By cspiffo
@ LiquidPrince,

I've already posted my opinion on the subject.  I'm getting tired of him stateing the same thing over and over again.  I already know where you stand and you don't say the same thing over and over again.  I can respect your opinion more like that.  I don't buy thiago's arguments and I've already stated why.   He's already stated his opinion.   I'm just tired of him giving everyone who disagrees with him a hard time.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Toothsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#330  Edited By Toothsaw

We all suck. Some more, some less.
End of discussion.

Normaral85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Normaral85

I love my PS3, and if I have anything to whine about the console in general, I'll just go blog crazy on Playstation Blog and get the ball rollin on fixing it.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By cspiffo

This chart needs another column.

Crack Ho: ($25-more than you probably can afford)

Wi-Fi                                                 Yes, Everyone's got a smartphone these days
Harddrive                                         Yes, but only if you put your back into it!
Online Gaming                               Yes, For the more modern call girl
Bluray Gaming/movies                  Not Available
HDMI Output                                    Not Available
Slot Drive                                         Uhhhhhhhhhh Yes!!!
Delicious Pork scent                     Yes (Eww), but that's why you ask them to wash up first
Picture of Billy Crystal                    Right, uhhhh she'll do anything if the price is right.
Rotating Logo                                 Hell Yes!
Bubsy Support                                Yes, Remember her Pimp always gets his cut
Able to heat your home                 Yes!
Choking Hazard                              Sure, if that's what your into
Registered Sex Offender              Always check ID!
Causes Cancer of the Aids          Yes, That's what condoms are for!

Cost:                                                 Your Health, Your Family's trust, Prices vary wildly depending on quality and quantity

Clearly the Ham sandwich still wins though!

RuneMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By RuneMaster

Sony offers no VGA support and I use monitors for my gaming.  I guess buying a PS3 isn't such a good idea.

Woffls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By Woffls

HDMI - DVI adapter?

Resolution stays intact as HDMI and DVI match pin for pin on video transfer. Obviously any audio would be dropped so an optical cable would be necessary. Though I'm not sure if it will acknowledge this and allow an optical cable to be used at the same time. I hope so, otherwise I'm screwed.

fishinwithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By fishinwithguns

Alright, Sony, you've convinced me.  I'm going out and stealing a PS3 first thing tomorrow!  I might not even have to kill anyone to do so! We'll see...

Actually, I keep forgetting that PS3 has free online, that's actually a big deal for me.  But why don't they mention the 20 GB Xbox hard drives?  I mean I have one of those and it's all I need really.  Do they make those anymore, or do they only come with certain Xbox models, I forgot. 

For me though, it still comes down to the games.  PS3 has few good games...when they're good, they're REALLY good...but Xbox still has them beat.  It may be considered the "middle of the road" console, but really that's probably why it sells better.  It doesn't have the absolute best features, but it has what most people are interested in for cheap.   A lot of casual gamers probably don't even think about playing online anyway.  But I'm not a casual gamer, and I really wish I had the money for a PS3 now...but I'll be patient.

shoryuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By shoryuking

oh oh don't forgot to add the price of all those replaced disks that got scratched by the 360.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Be that as it may: the PS3 doesn't have games.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By coaxmetal

I find this offensive. Cancer of the AIDS is serious! My cancer of the AIDS is a registered sex-offender, too.