Starcraft 2 Monthly fee?

StilletoSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StilletoSam

So I have done some research about the starcraft 2 monthly fee and I cannot find any reliable info except that it is for sure going to happen in Russia. If I bought the game for 59.99$ USD, will I still have to pay a monthly fee? Please respond.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

excuse my ignorance but what? there's a starcraft monthly fee?  
this is news to me.. 

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Pinworm45
@StilletoSam said:
" So I have done some research about the starcraft 2 monthly fee and I cannot find any reliable info except that it is for sure going to happen in Russia. If I bought the game for 59.99$ USD, will I still have to pay a monthly fee? Please respond. "
You don't have to pay any monthly fee at all. What you've heard about a monthly fee is that in some countries, they allow you to buy the game for about 20$ then pay a monthly fee. If you buy the game for full price you do not have to pay ANYTHING. :)
SpheriQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpheriQ
Press Release.

Players who prefer to make a one-time payment for unlimited access to the StarCraft II single-player campaign and multiplayer play on Battle.net will have the option to purchase and download an unlimited-access version of the game directly from Blizzard Entertainment at pricing similar to the US price of $59.99USD. 

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Djeffers03

There's no monthly fee? SWEET!  

I might actually get this game now, it's will be the first RTS I have played since Stronghold Crusader.

eljay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eljay

Different countries have different pricing structures. What happens in Russia (and Korea, and other countries with different structures) will not affect those of us in North American and Europe.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

Battle.net will see a pricing structure eventually.  Blizzard knows they can make money off of it, and they will take advantage of that.

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Teaspoon83

Get this sweet Orc pet that will follow Jimmy in battle now for only $10!

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By DG991

The only thing i heard about a monthly fee was in South Korea you can play SC2 for free if you have a subscription to a WoW account. You get SC2 as long as your WoW account is active. 
As far as I know that is only in South Korea.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By dillonwerner
@Djeffers03 said:
" There's no monthly fee? SWEET!   I might actually get this game now, it's will be the first RTS I have played since Stronghold Crusader. "
The things Stronghold Crusader did to me.. Jesus I loved that game.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Feanor
@DrDarkStryfe: Doubt it. Its already free, and required to play their games. They would never require people to pay a monthly fee to play games that they have already bought. Maybe they will add a subscription for some added features, but even thats a stretch. 
StilletoSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StilletoSam

Thanks for the info! I am now going to perfect my zerg rush is SC2

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ryax
@Feanor said:
" @DrDarkStryfe: Doubt it. Its already free, and required to play their games. They would never require people to pay a monthly fee to play games that they have already bought. Maybe they will add a subscription for some added features, but even thats a stretch.  "
yeah i dont think they can charge for it because people are already paying for WoW month by month. if blizzard threw a fee for battle net then people would stop playing and buying their games. if blizzard put a price tag on battle.net then they would lose alot of business