Stuck in Mass Effect 1

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By TrashMustache

so i'm on ilos and i just killed a bunch of dudes and i have to hit a control switch or something, problem is it says my decryption skill is too low. since i can't go back , does this mean i'm gonna have to load up an old save file and boost up my decryption skill level? or is there another way to get past that part in the game. if only i had known. besides i dont even know how too boost my decryption skill, since as far as i can remember my skill level was too low for any kind of decryption. fuck.
Myrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Myrmidon

You have to use the jetpack and boost up to the hidden ledge - it's tucked away behind the volcano waterfall, it can be easy to miss. There is a big red chest that contains the magic key that you need to get past the control switch. 

No problem.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venatio

No you can still can get past that somehow but I can't remember, damn Ilos was a terrible level until you started driving the mako, played through the game five times but that place still confuses me

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrashMustache

and you expect me to believe this? 
Myrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Myrmidon

Seriously Venatio, do you expect him to believe that? Come on.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pazy

If needs be you can go get another party member and boost their encryption skill (their skill is your skill). Characters you havent used are best since you can put all their points into encyption and just take the combat burden. Ill check if there is another way since I have the strategy guide (I wanted the accompanying art book).

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrashMustache
@Myrmidon:
i was replying to you myrmidon, anyway :p
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pazy

I looked up the strategy guide and the only mention of decryption is in regards to an "armature" panel (which disables the armatures though you can also just shoot them). Perhaps your simply lost? I know that near the end of the first area I ended up getting turned around (there are 2 ways to go, I went once and ended up travelling back up the other unknowingly) so it might be good to load up a map. There is no required decryption on ilos as far as I can see.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrashMustache

that's what it's called, i didn't remember, exactly the armature control panel is what i need to decrypt, and my skill level is too low, and i've tried shooting it, it doesn't do anything :( i'll try assigning skil level to a character, thx
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pazy
@TrashMustache said:
" that's what it's called, i didn't remember, exactly the armature control panel is what i need to decrypt, and my skill level is too low, and i've tried shooting it, it doesn't do anything :( i'll try assigning skil level to a character, thx "

You dont need to destroy it, its an extra thing so instead of killing armatures you disable them. You can just shoot them in the face (or run past them but thats harder). If your guy isnt set up for combat then disabling them is much easier though.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm

I know what you're saying. Iilos is confusing as shit. There's a security room on the bottom level you need to get to that disengages the security doors. Whatever the switch is at the top, or on the other side, don't worry about those.

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda

try going back and getting a team member with higher decrypt stats.