Switch needs a sleep mode to truly be portable

braves01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Part of what makes 3DS and Vita work as portables is the ability to quickly hop in and out of games without losing your place. Sleep mode is what makes this possible. I think if Switch doesn't have a decent sleep mode, it will have failed to truly achieve the concept Nintendo is going for. They want something that bridges home and portable consoles, but without sleep mode the portable aspect won't be complete, imo. I haven't heard anything about details for sleep mode and Switch, but I hope to god Nintendo hasn't overlooked this.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By isturbo1984

While a good idea to have this mode, I do not think handheld gaming systems need cell phone features to "truly" be a handheld system... as cell phones are not handheld gaming systems. So why do these machines need non-handheld system features? Strange logic if you ask me.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

It has one.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Zevvion

I type in: 'Nintendo Switch sleep mode' and have an immediate answer. I don't necessarily think people should search the web for several minutes to find an answer before making a thread, but this is another extreme.

Also, I have said it before and will say it again: it seems to me the Switch is intended to be portable but not the masterful on-the-go gaming system that you think it should be.

Loading Video...