System wars?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I know the mods have mentioned this before, saying that there won't be a system wars forum, but does anyone think we need one? I'm starting to notice more and more fanboyish arguments happening in threads that aren't intended for that, wouldn't it be nice to have a forum for these people to have their fanboyish rants, hopefully reducing it in other forums?

What do you guys think?

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By angelkimne

Yes, i think we should have one.
Atleast it would stop fanboy topics being posted in GGD and OT.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By samcotts

I agree, we need one.

Many threads I've seen recently have been taken over by fanboy rants, arguing about which console, or exclusives, are better. There definitely should ne a place where they debate this.

I know people will say "They can just go take their fanboy rants to another site", but realistically, we will always have fanboys here, so might as well have somewhere where they can debate that is out of the way.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Alexander

I think it served a purpose of keeping certain posts in one place while keeping others clean of crap. So yes we need a board called System Wars and have it completely unmoderated, then give me the option to remove it from view.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By serbsta

Do think one would be cool and interesting? Yes
Do i think one is really needed? No

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By samcotts
Alexander said:
"I think it served a purpose of keeping certain posts in one place while keeping others clean of crap. So yes we need a board called System Wars and have it completely unmoderated, then give me the option to remove it from view."
Yeah I think that it shouldn't come up in the 'newest posts' page. I also think the same abotu the off-topic board.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zeus_gb

It might get some of the fan boyish / fan girlish comments of OT and GD but it might attract more of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeus_gb said:
"It might get some of the fan boyish / fan girlish comments of OT and GD but it might attract more of them."
Especially on this board where all new topics are displayed on the front page.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like one, but then again not really since it will be filled with ravaging fanboys.

-_-'

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK
Alexander said:
"I think it served a purpose of keeping certain posts in one place while keeping others clean of crap. So yes we need a board called System Wars and have it completely unmoderated, then give me the option to remove it from view."
completely unmoderated...? i like that idea
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Dalai

Adding a system wars forum will just attract more riff raff.  It might be fun for a while, but once you realize the forum is full of retards, it no longer becomes fun.  I vote no to a system wars forum.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Dalai said:
once you realize the forum is full of retards, it no longer becomes fun.
Yeah, but wouldn't it be nice keeping the retards in one place rather than have them trolling every board on GB?
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Rowr

Dalai said:
"

Adding a system wars forum will just attract more riff raff.  It might be fun for a while, but once you realize the forum is full of retards, it no longer becomes fun.  I vote no to a system wars forum.

"
I agree.

better off having none at all if possible. The commity seems for the most part to be above such nonsense anyhow.
unworthyBOZO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By unworthyBOZO
MattyFTM said:
"Dalai said:
once you realize the forum is full of retards, it no longer becomes fun.
Yeah, but wouldn't it be nice keeping the retards in one place rather than have them trolling every board on GB?"
I agree with MattyFTM lets put the fanboys in one place and let them tear themselves apart
jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jlaudio7

I remember seeing a mod post a response from Shoemaker who said "Hell no!". While I agree we should keep that cancerous board off of the site, if the fanboys get too rampant, I think we need to put them in a cage somewhere (that cage being a SW forum).

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rowr

you guys really think all the fanboys will stay in the one place?

Its seems to me fanboys generally want to preech the word of their holy system everywhere and anywhere.

I think its more likely just to encourage more pointless arguments throughout the whole site. Shit degenerates pretty quickly.

jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jlaudio7
Rowr said:
"you guys really think all the fanboys will stay in the one place?

Its seems to me fanboys generally want to preech the word of their holy system everywhere and anywhere.

I think its more likely just to encourage more pointless arguments throughout the whole site. Shit degenerates pretty quickly."
They'll stay there if they get moderated for preaching their system of choice outside that forum.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rowr
jlaudio7 said:
"Rowr said:
"you guys really think all the fanboys will stay in the one place?

I think its more likely just to encourage more pointless arguments throughout the whole site. Shit degenerates pretty quickly."
They'll stay there if they get moderated for preaching their system of choice outside that forum."
I can agree to it if there is moderating on it when its outside that forum.

Alexander said:
Yeh being able to hide it is a must.
CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CaseyW

every gaming site should have a system wars. some people just want to talk about video games without having to put up with fanboy crap.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422

Are you serious? If anyone actually thinks adding a 'system wars' forum is gonna stop fanboy shit in every other thread somehow.. you're dead wrong, it'll continue, and that won't help one bit. Unless mods make it so the second some fanboy starts posting stupid shit in anything except system wars forum they are banned, this isn't gonna change anything.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Afroman269

I personally don't want system wars because fanboyism is just retarded, but if it removes the fanboys from other threads then I guess it is a good idea.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pause422

It won't remove them from other threads is the thing, just like the ones that enter forums and put everyones comments as negative for no reason, they'll continue to come in and state their 2 cents, there's no chance that it would change anything unless they were literally banned for ever talking in another forum, like I said above.. which I think would be hilarious, but doubtful.

davecuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By davecuk

No need for one, just ban any fanboys trolling threads.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I hope not.

Gamespot is a legitimate success, back in the day their reviewing talent (a large portion of which now works here) was unparalleled. System Wars got a shit ton of traffic, but it was never worthwhile - never a success.

It was a dingleberry on the asshole of success.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By duxup

I hope not.

CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CaseyW
"Unless mods make it so the second some fanboy starts posting stupid shit in anything except system wars forum they are banned, this isn't gonna change anything."

that's what moderators are for. of course that will lead to people bashing the mods, though, and crying about how they got modded for no reason.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crunchUK
CaseyW said:
""Unless mods make it so the second some fanboy starts posting stupid shit in anything except system wars forum they are banned, this isn't gonna change anything."

that's what moderators are for. of course that will lead to people bashing the mods, though, and crying about how they got modded for no reason."
you know all about that, don't you? UNBAN ME NOW
CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CaseyW

what did you do to get banned? :)

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crunchUK
CaseyW said:
"what did you do to get banned? :)"
create an alternate account. but i didn't actually use it :(
CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CaseyW

while you were suspended?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crunchUK

0_o i think so..

CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CaseyW

why'd you make an alternate account while suspended? =/

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

XBox 360 >>> PS3 dude! OWNED!

No way the Wii sucks!

Go play in your basement Lemming!

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
Dalai said:
"

"
See my mini-bio. I've already made a custom System Wars board. The riff-raff & all the rest of you can go to that board & blast away at your most hated of consoles (I'd wager it's the PS3.. LAWLZ!).  If Giantbomb cares too, they can link freely to my board for all of you that crave a System Wars forum.  :P
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Steve_C

I don't think they should have one. It seems to be against the whole inherent ethos of the site. It's all about games being cool no matter the system.

Stupid fanboy remarks, and their respective fanboys, should just be moderated instead of giving in and creating a place for them, where no one else wants to go. Combine that with the ability to swear and all hell would break loose.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By crunchUK
CaseyW said:
"why'd you make an alternate account while suspended? =/"
incase i got permanently banned. besides if it was for bandoding i would have used it?
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
Steve_C said:
"I don't think they should have one. It seems to be against the whole inherent ethos of the site. It's all about games being cool no matter the system.

Stupid fanboy remarks, and their respective fanboys, should just be moderated instead of giving in and creating a place for them, where no one else wants to go. Combine that with the ability to swear and all hell would break loose."
This is ridiculous. If you want corrective action against what people say, then take you fucking ass back to Gamespot. You can goose step with them. You can't say anything there without being de-ranked, suspended, or have your words deleted. And I'm sick and tired of that. Here is what you can do: you can deal with it or you can go away.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
crunchUK said:
"CaseyW said:
incase i got permanently banned. besides if it was for bandoding i would have used it?"

They capture your IP address, so they automatically detect the new account. Nevermind the fact that it could be a sibling using the same PC with a different account. I tried the same thing & they banned that account from being able to post on the boards. Best thing to do with Gamespot forums is to post as if you were walking on egg shells.  If people like that kind crap, they should stay there, and continue to have their free speech trampled on.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By crunchUK
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"crunchUK said:
"CaseyW said:
incase i got permanently banned. besides if it was for bandoding i would have used it?"

They capture your IP address, so they automatically detect the new account. Nevermind the fact that it could be a sibling using the same PC with a different account. I tried the same thing & they banned that account from being able to post on the boards. Best thing to do with Gamespot forums is to post as if you were walking on egg shells.  If people like that kind crap, they should stay there, and continue to have their free speech trampled on.
"

yeah i found out..
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Clean

they should think of a new name and create one

CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CaseyW

what was the message that you got with your perm ban? ban dodging?

CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CaseyW

you don't need to walk on eggshells at gamespot. you just have to post without acting like a douchebag.

if a sibling or whatever gets you banned, that's why you contact customer service.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Ma7moud

The forums are okay no need for SW.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By crunchUK
CaseyW said:
"

what was the message that you got with your perm ban? ban dodging?

"
correct
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CaseyW

and what was your suspension for?

CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CaseyW
jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#48  Edited By jeff

We have no intention of creating some sort of posting ghetto where people can go act like jerks on purpose. Doing that seems sort of backwards. Instead, when people have made it clear that they're incapable of at least semi-intelligent discourse, they'll be banned.

We'll have more to say on that front in the near future.
CaseyW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CaseyW

good to hear from you, jeff. i knew you were never fond of gamespot's system wars forum. :)

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
Jeff said:
"We have no intention of creating some sort of posting ghetto where people can go act like jerks on purpose. Doing that seems sort of backwards. Instead, when people have made it clear that they're incapable of at least semi-intelligent discourse, they'll be banned.
We'll have more to say on that front in the near future.
"
I see it more as a form of entertainment than anything else.  Anyway, they can come to my board. I don't mind. Feel free to link to it. :-D