The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

Jynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi,

I used to love an old game that I played on PC as a kid and want to find it again. It was a game that was similar to the amazing race but was in Europe only. You used a dice machine each turn and needed to head to a random point and beat all the other players, this was then repeated multiple times. Sometimes you could also do things to other players such as put sugar in the gas tank. I can't seem to find it at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jynx.

binarystep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jynx: Can you elaborate on how old the game is?

mrxee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2753  Edited By mrxee

@nobiles said:

looking for 3 games:

1. Jazz jackrabbit or superfrog type, but with dog.

2. 3D game where u start with a plane crash on some highway. Everyone becomes zombies that vomit? on you with sth green? u have to kill'em before they infect others, u can use axe, guns or gas to burn them. I remember it as quite cartoon one with everything contoured, a bit like psychonauts.

3. Game where you are in some capsule in veins and you have to kill bacteria and viruses. I remember it as a 3D-ish one, but i can be wrong.

Isn't #1 Wonder Dog on the SEGA CD?

mrxee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2754  Edited By mrxee
chiropaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2756  Edited By chiropaw

i played this game on ps1, i think it was in japanese. The game is like a brick breaker game but in 3D, and instead of destroying block you have to defeat monsters using something like a ball to hit them. Every stage is like a room so after u kick the ball,it will bounce back to you and you have to keep kicking the balls until you defeat all the monsters in the room. i remember 1 of the main character is like the small elf sprite but using blue clothing and blue hat. oh and you can play it with 2 players as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-58d0fe182d7c0
deactivated-58d0fe182d7c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was in elementary school I stumbled across some sleazy collection of games for my mom's Performa Mac. They were all bizarrely sexual and violent and I had no idea where they came from. In particular I'm having trouble finding the name of a game where you would choose ways for Barney the Dinosaur to be killed. It was fucked up- one of the death options was called "Lorana Bobbit".

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nobiles said:

looking for 3 games:

1. Jazz jackrabbit or superfrog type, but with dog.

2. 3D game where u start with a plane crash on some highway. Everyone becomes zombies that vomit? on you with sth green? u have to kill'em before they infect others, u can use axe, guns or gas to burn them. I remember it as quite cartoon one with everything contoured, a bit like psychonauts.

3. Game where you are in some capsule in veins and you have to kill bacteria and viruses. I remember it as a 3D-ish one, but i can be wrong.

Number 3 sounds like Microcosm

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Hey all, I just stumbled across this forum and it may be just what I'm looking for. I saw a game on Steam the other day, and it looked very interesting. But for the life of me, I cant remember what it was called. It was a turn based RPG, with what looked like D&D style dice rolling moves. The thing I really remember was your character was a static figure with a base on its feet. This sound like anything you all have seen?

Hmm. Kind of sounds like Card Hunter?

Nobiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack: not exactly what i remember but it's the closest one, thanks

yuinova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the very early 2000s I played an arcade game that was an isometric beat-em-up with a medieval fantasy theme. You could play Co-op with at least 3 other cabinets that were connected next to it (I believe that they were all separate cabinets and not 2 players per). It was very colorful, and I think polygonal graphics though I'm not 100% sure. At least one of the levels was evil carnival themed, and one of the characters was a pyro jester.

Anyone have any ideas?

MrWigggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So there is this web based multiplayer only (no ai option at all), turn based strategy game. And the turns for all the players are simultaneously executed.

The game is pretty simple, graphically. Everyone has one unit, which is represented by squares. The cities are white circles with a C in them. They change color depending which player owns them.

So you have cities, which generate units. Between turns you draw lines. The lines is where your units will gather, and will try to fill out all the line evenly. You can connect up to 4 cities to maximize support for your units and the number of units generated.

You can draw more lines, thicker darker lines which will have more units on them. You can also draw too many lines and over stretch your units. So if you wanted to rush a city you draw faint lines connecting your city, to where you want the bulk of your units to go to by drawing thicker darker lines there.

Its also possible to break these lines of support, and when units are deprived a connecting line to a city, they lose attacking power.

So with these rules you can do, pincer attacks, counter attacks, surges, pushes and even just defensive lines.

It had a small collection of maps. The two biggest maps was the entire US and Middle Earth from Lord of the Ring. The smallest map, which could be played up to 4 players, was Korea, I think?

There wasnt any terrain effects, and there was water which your units couldnt pass over.

It was on its own website, and had a ranking board, and you could sign up, but it wasnt required except for keeping your rank.

It also didnt have a very unique name, or at least I dont think it had a very unique name.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

propgoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2764  Edited By propgoat

@nobiles: that number 2 sounds like Bad Day L.A. I never played it but remember the marketing and it sounds a lot like what you described

@yuinova: That sounds a lot like gauntlet dark legacy. I know it had a bomb throwing jester at least.

Jynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@binarystep: the game I was asking about, I played it in the 90's and it was fairly new then. I would say mid 90's would be time era. Just more from what I remember. You picked a player and they had a car but when they went to points over the ocean, it would change to a plane. There was also a blond guy that presented updates through the game and showed graphs on who was on top etc.

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@propgoat: dude! that's exactly what i've been talking about! Now to find 1st and 3rd...

Tai-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi

I'm looking for a pc game I played around the year 2000-2003. I'm pretty sure the character's name was Dave. He had blonde hair, think he wore black sunglasses and he carried a gun. I think it was one of those preloaded pc games, I played it at school, I was in grade school. The game was super lengthy. He moved through all these places, I'm not sure if it was in space or something but there weren't any buildings etc. This game has been bugging me for years! I hope you guys can help.

Thanks

Tai-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and I remember everything being kinda grey if that helpsOo

royek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2771  Edited By royek

I,m looking for a game i played about years 2001-2002. I played on the Pc, graphic was colorful and early 3D. In game you fight/shoot enemies, after they lose their life they become some purple guy and run away. Then you can collect their powers. You can storage about 8 of different powers and change them while playing. When you lose your life bar you lose active power, after losing all powers you also become this purple guy. I remember there was a big letter "Z" in game logo, but i could remembered it wrong. Please help me, i'm looking for this game for years. Sorry for bad english, i think you should understand most of my message.

Jrblack09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello I am looking for 2 games

1) -Flash/Browser game

-2D game

- Defense type game. The ones enemies come destroy your wall and you lose though I think it was sandbags in this game. You had to defend a town from some animals (not quite sure if it was only animals) that were coming. The animals came from the left side of the screen while you were on the right side. You could move up and down I think but you couldn't move to left/right. You were a human and had guns as weapons to shoot them.

-There was a crosshair and different type of weapons. Depending on your weapon and where you aimed at, the crosshair would get bigger/smaller and so you would have better accuracy.

-You could get partners to help you and they would also have the same weapon-range/accuracy. They would shoot automatically and you could set them to shoot at closer/stronger/weapon-range. Not sure if there was more. I don't remember how do you get partners but for one that was a mercenary you could hire per round.

-You could choose from some classes at the start which would give you different stats (I can only remember one which would give you less prices at shop but don't remember the name of the stat)

----------------------------------------------

2)- Flash/Browser game

-2D game

-It was some sort of bullet hell/shoot em up game.

-You would start at the left and the game-screen would slowly move to the right.

-There were different classes

-You could play multiplayer with a lot of players. The game would queue you with a lot of random people (I believe 10+) and you could also make a party with friends before looking for a match.

Corruptbassist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2773  Edited By Corruptbassist

I'm looking to find a game I played back in middle school. It probably came out between 1997-2003, and was on either N64 or PS1, or something similar. The game is similar to rampage and godzilla, but I don't believe its either one. I remeber the gameplay was dark, hard to see kind of and we'd play in a small city (played multiplayer most of the time, just 2) we were able to climb buildings and jump off them etc. It was multiplayer but I don't believe it was split screen, the 3rd person camera would just zoom out above the city to see both of our monsters. Cant remember what kind of monsters they were or if the point of the game was to destroy the city, or to destroy other monsters. I just remember it being a lot of fun and my friends and i played it a lot. It was about the time of pokemon snap - that's the other game we played, along with Mario Kart. Let me know what you guys think it might be, I've tried searching for it and asking my friend who owned it but still cannot find the title.

Babbo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2774  Edited By Babbo12

I'm looking for a pc game

Around 2000

Real Time strategy

Goal is defeat the opponent in the maps (similar to Age of empire)

Player are robot

I Remember a women voice say "insufficent risorces" whe you have't got enought money for built or craft new people and "low Power" when there isn't enought elettricity.

You have to build things like turret or wall (for defence) or reserch laboratory.

Thank you so much for any help

Blurrybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a game which I played in 2003 or 2004 on PC. It's a strategy game about World War 2. As far as I know you're not supposed to build an army, rather fight with whatever soldiers you're given. In the first stage you have to lure an enemy German soldier with a cigarette and kill him, take his weapon, reach radio centre and send some message. Then an enemy tank comes and if you have already prepared a trap in the form of land mines, it will blow up, otherwise it will kill the handful of soldiers that you have. As I said, it's not a real strategy, you'll be given only some soldiers. I guess you begin the 2nd stage with only one soldier on a boat floating in waters guarded by enemies, but somehow you have to reach some safe spot. But I didn't play further. Any help would be appreciated.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Blurrybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm looking to find a game I played back in middle school. It probably came out between 1997-2003, and was on either N64 or PS1, or something similar. The game is similar to rampage and godzilla, but I don't believe its either one. I remeber the gameplay was dark, hard to see kind of and we'd play in a small city (played multiplayer most of the time, just 2) we were able to climb buildings and jump off them etc. It was multiplayer but I don't believe it was split screen, the 3rd person camera would just zoom out above the city to see both of our monsters. Cant remember what kind of monsters they were or if the point of the game was to destroy the city, or to destroy other monsters. I just remember it being a lot of fun and my friends and i played it a lot. It was about the time of pokemon snap - that's the other game we played, along with Mario Kart. Let me know what you guys think it might be, I've tried searching for it and asking my friend who owned it but still cannot find the title.

Maybe War of The Monsters for PS2? Here's a video.

THX1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking for an arcade game I played sometime around '84 to '86. I have never seen any reference to it anywhere since. It was set in space. You were watching the player (you) who was in a suit. You were either in zero g or it was low g and you were in some sort of cave system. One thing that could narrow it down: I'm pretty sure at least one of the controllers was a rollerball (not many games had that.) The challenge of the game was to make it through the maze (maybe there were objects to gather, I don't recall) before your oxygen ran out. I would love to know the name or see it again. Not that it matters but the game was in a Godfather's Pizza. LOL!

Thanks

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@thx1138: Sounds like your talking about H.E.R.O.

No Caption Provided

THX1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2782  Edited By THX1138
Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2783  Edited By Commisar123

Okay here goes

This is going to be really unhelpful but it was a super old computer game, the computer I played it on was monochrome and didn't have a mouse. I don't know the exact time period. The game was your character moving through a maze and shooting at enemies that appeared along the way. It wasn't first person. The graphics were really simple. I know this doesn't give you guys much to go on, but I know pretty much nothing about that era of gaming. I was playing it around 98-99, but the game was much older than that I think.

THX1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2784  Edited By THX1138

@commisar123 said:

Okay here goes

This is going to be really unhelpful but it was a super old computer game, the computer I played it on was monochrome and didn't have a mouse. I don't know the exact time period. The game was your character moving through a maze and shooting at enemies that appeared along the way. It wasn't first person. The graphics were really simple. I know this doesn't give you guys much to go on, but I know pretty much nothing about that era of gaming. I was playing it around 98-99, but the game was much older than that I think.

I remember playing one on a TRS-80 so that would have been much older. I remember it like yesterday, too. The characters were so simplistic....they were ASCII characters! But maybe that was just because it was a TRS-80. Probably too old for what you have in mind but I will give it a shot. I don't remember there ever being a real name to it but it was a dungeon-crawler (maybe a good search keyword for you ) theme. The closest reference I could find refers to a game called "Rogue"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_%28video_game%29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBNgfrxD3qE

deadbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2785  Edited By deadbird

ok so back when i was in grade school there used to be these ps1 and ps2 discs with multiple games of different types on them i remember two one on ps1 and one on ps2, ill start with the ps1 one. It had a open world fighting game on it where you could choose some characters and there was no music i remember the atmosphere as peaceful, there was that okami game on the disc im pretty sure, there was an rpg where you start and get in some elevator to a sewer and fight a giant boss, and there was some weird 2d game where you fought with power ranger esc characters. the next one on ps2 had some crash bandicoot game where you were underwater in a submarine, some game where you start in a crypt and go up to find a bunch of stereotypical monsters like zombies, skeletons, ghosts etc, and just kill them, it had a game where your a girl in prison and your in a cell, i remember that i couldnt find out how to escape and that it was confusing so i stopped playing it, and it had that one game destroy all humans i think. (edit) i also remember that when you turned the ps1 on the ps1 game it wouldnt let you select a game on the disc it was just a random game depending on what buttons you pressed or something

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thx1138: Looking at some TRS-80 games that seems to be about the era the game was from

THX1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2788  Edited By Greenpoo

EDIT: ~SOLVED~

The game is called Need for Madness.

Ohhhhhh the memories......

Hey everyone this one might be a little simpler, cos it's probably still out there online.

I used to play this single-player online racing/car game on the PC. It was 3D but it was simplistic low-poly graphics. I think it must've been around 2006-2008 or around there when I played this. I don't remember much but you start off with this brown car/racer and you begin racing on these simple grey plain maps. I remember that clearly; The environment was just light grey with only the roads being a little darker (or just outlined). It was third-person, so you can see your entire vehicle while racing. You play on different maps each with different ramps and race tracks, racing against other cars. But there is always a special car in each race that is better than the rest of the cars, and that's the car you're trying to unlock. You just have to do like three laps and win each one to unlock new cars and new race tracks to progress forward. In most of the race tracks, you go up these ramps and you can do flips and tricks. In one of the race tracks you have to pass through a large floating ring to complete a lap. I also clearly remember one of the vehicles you unlock is this massive truck that's slow but you can overpower all the other puny cars. I remember my excitement whenever i unlocked it. Again, the game wasn't really colourful. Maybe the cars had some colours but the tracks were always just grey or had a dull colour. Can anyone help me out?

Cheers

pseudopresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2789  Edited By pseudopresence

Sometime in the 90s I used to have a PC 'game' that was spreadsheet software for kids, with tutorials and different backgrounds for your sheets and I think it had some challenges where you had to use formulas to find results in some provided datasets. It was all really colourful with cartoon characters. At first I thought it was part of the Microsoft Kids series but it seems I was wrong. Any ideas?

Edit: finally remembered the name, it was called 'The Cruncher' and I can hardly find any screenshots or info but you can see it in this video: https://youtu.be/-fZeUehoQKA?t=854

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old PC game. You drive a spaceship along levels set on different coloured shapes. As the levels progress it gets faster and faster. You have limited control forward and backwards, and it's more about going to the sides and jumping. Anyone remember this? Pretty sure I found a web version of this game some time ago, but I can't remember the name. Originally played it MsDOS I think.

THX1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bojackhorseman: Just to be clear - it wasn't MS Hover! was it? Not a "spaceship" but a hovercraft but it looks space-age. And there is a web version here:

http://hover.ie/#single-player/play

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thx1138: Nope. I actually found it yesterday, and it's called Skyroads.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2793  Edited By Commisar123
someguy3478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok, way back in the 90s, early 90s, my good for nothing dad had one thing, what i must expect was some crazy expensive laptop that could run games, it had captain claw and this other game I have no clue of. This was a PC computer running IDK WTF windows but in all I recall from my useless adolescent self was that it was an FPS, I recall it as a horror type, there was a mansion, and a severed hand as a possible common enemy. Heavy blue and green color scheme in the part of the game I'm remembering. (sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I've never been here before)

stevewestmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I am looking for a R-type clone but I recall it was set under the sea...I remember playing it on MSX like in the early 90s.

someguy3478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stevewestmark: hmm, unfortunately after looking it up I don't believe it is, I cant seem to find a scene that jogs the memory, especially with the severed hand, seems in blood it just appears to choke you out of no where, in the game I recall that was not the case, it was just another standard enemy that you could shoot on the ground, I recall seeing it in a graveyard outside the mansion.

Heathenbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have this game i played when i was a boy, it was on the pc and the only thing i can remember was that you where a boy and had to riddle with a manpig to get his iron boots, and it was also this cave you had to hide from trolls in a barrel.

JoystickJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2800  Edited By JoystickJunkie

@betyb: Was it Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard? That's the first thing that came to my mind. Like what time period do you think it might have been set in, was it a fantasy world or a realistic world?