The Complaining Gamers Gaming Views and Reviews [HD] *Not Spam*

Janco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Janco

Hey Giant Bomb this is my first post and ive done this now in a few different gaming forums and let me try and explain where im at with this subject. Im coming straight out with it, right now im doing what I can to promote myself and my youtube channel around. I can 100% appreciate that most of you will be instantly cynical of my post but hear me out. Im not an annoying 12 year old with a whiney voice, im an adult with an opinion, an opinion as valid as anyone else and I choose to share it in video form. 

"Ok great? what do we care" , all I ask is that you check out some of my videos. My most recent review is black ops. My channel is still in its infancy and im looking to grow with the help of the gaming community. 

The content I produce has for the majority been received well and this is based on feedback not my personal opinion.

"Dude your just advertising, I aint interested" , Once again check out a video or two THEN come back with any issues you have with what I do. You might be suprised with my content. I spend a long time on the overall production of my videos with solid construction, criticism and overall breakdown. I spend far too long producing the content for it to just be for me, I construct this stuff with the intention of offering something meaningful to the gaming community.

What to expect: My style is honest, unbiased, unaffiliated and sometimes brutal and for those who have seen what I do these are some of the things people appreciate.

I would just like to also say that yes it is ultimately up to you the individuals if this is spam or not. Some of the nitty gritty, my content is all in hd with a high end microphone.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Man, I have NEVER complained about a game and I don't see why people do it.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Janco said:
" Hey Giant Bomb this is my first post and ive done this now in a few different gaming forums and let me try and explain where im at with this subject. Im coming straight out with it, right now im doing what I can to promote myself and my youtube channel around. I can 100% appreciate that most of you will be instantly cynical of my post but hear me out. Im not an annoying 12 year old with a whiney voice, im an adult with an opinion, an opinion as valid as anyone else and I choose to share it in video form. 

"Ok great? what do we care" , all I ask is that you check out some of my videos. My most recent review is black ops. My channel is still in its infancy and im looking to grow with the help of the gaming community. 

The content I produce has for the majority been received well and this is based on feedback not my personal opinion.

"Dude your just advertising, I aint interested" , Once again check out a video or two THEN come back with any issues you have with what I do. You might be suprised with my content. I spend a long time on the overall production of my videos with solid construction, criticism and overall breakdown.

What to expect: My style is honest, unbiased, unaffiliated and sometimes brutal and for those who have seen what I do these are some of the things people appreciate.

I would just like to also say that yes it is ultimately up to you the individuals if this is spam or not. Some of the nitty gritty, my content is all in hd with a high end microphone. "
Mmm lots of reviewers claim to be "honest and un biased" 
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King
@KaosAngel said:
" Man, I have NEVER complained about a game and I don't see why people do it. "
Because the games they play apparently suck. Why do you think I constantly complain about the same few games?
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel
@Video_Game_King said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" Man, I have NEVER complained about a game and I don't see why people do it. "
Because the games they play apparently suck. Why do you think I constantly complain about the same few games? "
QQers piss me off.  Don't like it, don't play it.  The only game I don't like is Halo, COD, Fable, and a few others but that's not complaining.  It's objective analysis.  
cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By cookiemonster

I don't know a lot about reviewing games, but I think it would be a sound idea to avoid making your video reviews over 10 minutes long. Some people just can't be bothered to watch anything for longer than that.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Gaff
@CookieMonster: I could've sworn it was 5... Oh, shiny!
Janco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Janco

I know what your saying about the video length, howeva the in depth style I choose to do cannot be done in a video in a couple of minutes.

Danji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Danji

I understand your wanting to be in-depth. I too do video reviews and appreciate going in-depth to explain the mechanics of the game and how that may affect the player. However perhaps if you spoke faster then that would shorten the videos substantially. 

Your WPM 106 (in COD review)
My WPM 135 (in my vanquish review) 

These are approximations but an additional 29 or so words a minute would speed things up substantially. If not that then I'm sure there are segments that could be trimmed. As someone said in my thread, being concise is key. 

Oh and I found the phrase "real-time animations" to be a bit strange...