The Fall Of Giantbomb?

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hondorondo

geek-dating and other terrible ads... (not awesome gaming related appealing ads, as announced) 

split-bombcast or at least 5000 subs game around the splitting of the bombcast... 

very few behind-the-screen features and quicklooks compared to half a year ago... besides not enough dave and drew quicklooks

no kessler kam

tested and screened annoyance in almost every mailbag and bhs stuff

95% of the articles are written by brad nicholsen or matt bodega :(

recently 8 out of 10 videos are trailers...

im sad and confused...

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

NO

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Coombs

I'll admit the video content has gone down, 
But i think your trying to make a mountain out of a molehill 

I really do hope they pump out some more QLs though

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By yakov456

Bye.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust

No one can say for now... 

Sit back, wait a while and then you'll know. 

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

I think your confusing Giantbomb with Halo...

No Caption Provided
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ch13696

I've been here since the beginning and I noticed those things too. A lot of people won't care, but I do. Except for the Kessler kam. That just needed to go away.

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrBeardface

Maybe they've been busy getting this new multipass thing ready and preparing for the Big Live Live Show LIVE and just haven't had time for the fun stuff for a while?
They ran themselves ragged this last week, let's see what they do now that things are winding down around the office.

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By commandercup

WOW, I'm pretty sure at least 75% of the people who actually watch mailbags love how the entire whiskey offices are starting to get involved instead of just the GB crew... Will and Norm especially are pretty fucking epic. I just had to comment on that.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By BraveToaster

Another skirmish begins.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aetos

Not much to do quick looks of. Wait a month or two and we should be getting many more once the fall game season begins.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#12  Edited By Yummylee

I still don't see any ads on my side. Maybe they're still cut off from the UK. All the more reason to love my nationality X)

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By turboman

you're free to leave if you don't enjoy the content that the site produces like everyone else does.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Claude

You could have posted this in a thread. Shit, my fucked up polls are better than this. Are forums art?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15  Edited By natetodamax

Giant Bomb isn't falling.  

Reach is. 

9/14/10

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By themangalist

you missed the utmost important subject.
SOCIAL HIERARCHY.

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DrBeardface
@Abyssfull said:
" I still don't see any ads on my side. Maybe they're still cut off from the UK. All the more reason to love my nationality X) "
Finally paid off, has it?  :P
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@DrBeardface said:
" Maybe they've been busy getting this new multipass thing ready and preparing for the Big Live Live Show LIVE and just haven't had time for the fun stuff for a while? They ran themselves ragged this last week, let's see what they do now that things are winding down around the office. "
this
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By beargirl1
@Claude said:
" You could have posted this in a thread. Shit, my fucked up polls are better than this. Are forums art? "
your polls are glorious. don't listen to those.. those... bullies. 
hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hondorondo
@TurboMan said:
" you're free to leave if you don't enjoy the content that the site produces like everyone else does. "
thanks a lot for the permission
gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#21  Edited By gla55jAw

OMG STFU K TY HF TTYL.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#22  Edited By Yummylee
@DrBeardface said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" I still don't see any ads on my side. Maybe they're still cut off from the UK. All the more reason to love my nationality X) "
Finally paid off, has it?  :P "
...I don't get it. Are you implying it wasn't legitimately fantastic to be British before now?!!???!!! I oughta burn your eyes out with tea.
Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Popogeejo

Obvious troll is obvious.
Bitching about Tested and Screened appearing in Mailbags but also complainng about no Kessler Kam which features both sites heavily. 
QL's have slowed because the video producers have had bigger fish to fry recently. Vinny and Drew have only so much time to work on them while also prepping for the BLLSL.

tl;dr, BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#24  Edited By chstupid

When were ads ever appealing? Have dvr's and the Internet spoiled people that bad? 
hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hondorondo
@Popogeejo said:
" Obvious troll is obvious. Bitching about Tested and Screened appearing in Mailbags but also complainng about no Kessler Kam which features both sites heavily.  QL's have slowed because the video producers have had bigger fish to fry recently. Vinny and Drew have only so much time to work on them while also prepping for the BLLSL.  tl;dr, BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW "
kessler kam is bhs for me... so kessler kam without tested and screened would have been better, imo
DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DrBeardface
@Abyssfull:  Just jokes!  No need for tea-pouring into eyes!  You guys have the strong tea too, that would totally fuck up my retinas, and I need those to see things!
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Branthog

Yes, it's all ruined. It's all over. Go back to Gamespot and IGN. It's obviously so much nicer there.

*eyeroll*

It's not easy paying the bills and running a business around a principled content creation like this. At least someone is attempting it. That deserves to be rewarded.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By Claude
@AjayRaz said:
" @Claude said:
" You could have posted this in a thread. Shit, my fucked up polls are better than this. Are forums art? "
your polls are glorious. don't listen to those.. those... bullies.  "
Hell yeah! My polls are art as in the art of polling.
Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Popogeejo
GIANT BOMB WENT TO SHIT WHEN IT STOPPED BEING THE WORDPRESS BLOG! 
LET'S IGNORE THAT GB HAS NEVER BEEN CONSISTENT IN OUT PUT BECAUSE THAT WOULD UNDERMINE MY STUPID ASS WHINING!
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By Hector

Hell no..GB is here to stay forever!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Capum15
@AjayRaz said:
" NO "
Thread should've ended there. Hell, I didn't even notice the ads until I read the first post. I don't see the big deal, it's not that hard to ignore them. The only ones I see constantly are the little square ones in the top left on videos, but all I've seen of those are game ads.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I saw 11 hours of uninterrupted live footage yesterday, I'm seriously not about to complain about the video content, also you must remember that not only is pre-recorded video content dependant on there being games out there to quick-look but that recently Giant Bomb have been busy with PAX, organising the launch of the subscription service and the Big Live Live Show Live. Kessler Kam was only ever going to be a short-term feature (just like the endurance runs were features that ended), I get the impression that most people have no problem with other members of Whiskey Media in the mailbag videos and while there was some controversy over them I don't think Nicholson's and Bodega's articles are generally perceived as poorly-written and even if they are we're still getting as much article-based content from the core staff as we ever did.

A lot of people seem to be acting like the current situation is the end of the world but I think we're going to see Giant Bomb stick around for a long time to come. People love this site for the attitude it takes, it's clever design, it's well-made video, audio and written content, and the personalities behind the site, these are all things that are still alive and well on Giant Bomb and they are why most of us were here in the first place.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

It's only been like one week during the dull period of the year for games.  This week was very busy for not just GB but the entire Whiskey Media group and the week before with Pax.  So what if they get new people for news?  What the Hell is the problem with ads when they aren't invasive?  The fact that Whiskey Media is actually doing more stuff together, especially when their chairs are next to each other, can be a good thing.  Coming from Pax and other conventions are the reasons that there are a lot of trailers because the companies released new videos.  It's not the end.  There is only change.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Brians

I feel this is worth mentioning. Surprisingly the internet is not free.

confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By confideration

Wait. Reach falls?!

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NakAttack
@Briguile said:
" I feel this is worth mentioning. Surprisingly the internet is not free. "
WHAT!, when the hell did that happen
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@jabbertrack said:
" Wait. Reach falls?! "
No 

Max Payne falls.
GoodKn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GoodKn1ght
@hondorondo said:
" @Popogeejo said:
" Obvious troll is obvious. Bitching about Tested and Screened appearing in Mailbags but also complainng about no Kessler Kam which features both sites heavily.  QL's have slowed because the video producers have had bigger fish to fry recently. Vinny and Drew have only so much time to work on them while also prepping for the BLLSL.  tl;dr, BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW "
kessler kam is bhs for me... so kessler kam without tested and screened would have been better, imo "
Dude they all love each other. Your not going to get them out of the behind the scenes video because the whiskey media team is like a family. 
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LiquidPrince

No. Stop being so melodramatic.

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By commandercup
@Gamer_152 said:
" I saw 11 hours of uninterrupted live footage yesterday, I'm seriously not about to complain about the video content, also you must remember that not only is pre-recorded video content dependant on there being games out there to quick-look but that recently Giant Bomb have been busy with PAX, organising the launch of the subscription service and the Big Live Live Show Live. Kessler Kam was only ever going to be a short-term feature (just like the endurance runs were features that ended), I get the impression that most people have no problem with other members of Whiskey Media in the mailbag videos and while there was some controversy over them I don't think Nicholson's and Bodega's articles are generally perceived as poorly-written and even if they are we're still getting as much article-based content from the core staff as we ever did.  A lot of people seem to be acting like the current situation is the end of the world but I think we're going to see Giant Bomb stick around for a long time to come. People love this site for the attitude it takes, it's clever design, it's well-made video, audio and written content, and the personalities behind the site, these are all things that are still alive and well on Giant Bomb and they are why most of us were here in the first place. "
This should be stickied somewhere.
AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By AV_Gamer

I've seen this situations quite a few times. The website runs out of money. They ask people to donate to help. Only in Giantbomb's case, they forced members to help by threatening the Podcast. People give their money, only for those people to find out, it's still not enough to help the situation. The website either goes away, or it gets taken over by a bigger owner, which means lots of ads. 

I believe this is the future of Giantbomb. Like I said, I've seen this happen to websites a few times before. There was only one site I saw where the donations paid off and the site was saved.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Brians
@SethPhotopoulos:  A couple of days ago actually and I feel I have a more appropriate avatar.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@LiquidPrince said:
" No. Stop being so melodramatic. "
Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mcfart
@AV_Gamer said:
" I've seen this situations quite a few times. The website runs out of money. They ask people to donate to help. Only in Giantbomb's case, they forced members to help by threatening the Podcast. People give their money, only for those people to find out, it's still not enough to help the situation. The website either goes away, or it gets taken over by a bigger owner, which means lots of ads.   I believe this is the future of Giantbomb. Like I said, I've seen this happen to websites a few times before. There was only one site I saw where the donations paid off and the site was saved. "
You forget that the co-founder of CNET owns Giantbomb/WM, so I don't see GB going anywhere, unless he sells them for some reason.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#45  Edited By Symphony

What recent releases are you wanting to see quick looks of? It's been kind of a lull in big releases recently so there's that.  

Kessler was a temporary intern. His videos were only around for a brief time and have never been a staple of the site.  

Ads are never good, but they're a part of the internet. If you haven't learned to ignore them by now, you probably never will. 

Complaining about screened or tested stuff in the behind the scenes videos? Really? /facepalm 

Yay I'm bumping a post that should die a horrible death. You're welcome.

hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hondorondo
@AV_Gamer said:
" I've seen this situations quite a few times. The website runs out of money. They ask people to donate to help. Only in Giantbomb's case, they forced members to help by threatening the Podcast. People give their money, only for those people to find out, it's still not enough to help the situation. The website either goes away, or it gets taken over by a bigger owner, which means lots of ads.   I believe this is the future of Giantbomb. Like I said, I've seen this happen to websites a few times before. There was only one site I saw where the donations paid off and the site was saved. "
so true...

its the end :(

I want the old site back in the old office with no matt rorie or will smith :(

The old office time was soooo awesome.... why did thy have to change :(

even the recent pax coverage was pretty short
hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hondorondo
@Symphony said:
" What recent releases are you wanting to see quick looks of? It's been kind of a lull in big releases recently so there's that.   Kessler was a temporary intern. His videos were only around for a brief time and have never been a staple of the site.   Ads are never good, but they're a part of the internet. If you haven't learned to ignore them by now, you probably never will.  Complaining about screened or tested stuff in the behind the scenes videos? Really? /facepalm  Yay I'm bumping a post that should die a horrible death. You're welcome. "
spiderman: sd, batman, kindom hearts etc....
Nunchuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By Nunchuckles
@TurboMan: you're free to shut up
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@hondorondo said:
" @AV_Gamer said:
so true...  its the end :(   I want the old site back in the old office with no matt rorie or will smith :(  The old office time was soooo awesome.... why did thy have to change :(   even the recent pax coverage was pretty short "
I've always wanted to use this 

facepalm.jpg
facepalm.jpg

I'm sad that I have to though.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#50  Edited By Symphony
@hondorondo said:
" @Symphony said:
" What recent releases are you wanting to see quick looks of? It's been kind of a lull in big releases recently so there's that.   Kessler was a temporary intern. His videos were only around for a brief time and have never been a staple of the site.   Ads are never good, but they're a part of the internet. If you haven't learned to ignore them by now, you probably never will.  Complaining about screened or tested stuff in the behind the scenes videos? Really? /facepalm  Yay I'm bumping a post that should die a horrible death. You're welcome. "
spiderman: sd, batman, kindom hearts etc.... "
So three games, one of which -- Kingdom Hearts that is of a genre none of them particularly care for and the other two were JUST released... the same week that they were working on their live show.  

Personally, I'm hoping they do a video special where they turn water into wine.