To PlayStation 4 and Xbox One gamers, are you ready to jump onto the next-gen?

• 57 results
gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll To PlayStation 4 and Xbox One gamers, are you ready to jump onto the next-gen? (75 votes)

Yes, I'm ready to jump onto next-gen 43%
No thanks, I'd rather stick with last-gen 35%
Unsure, I would stay with last-gen before I move on 23%

I've heard that both PS5 and Xbox Series X have quite a lot of games in their library that are shared in between in next-gen (PS5/Xbox Series X/S) and last-gen (PS4/Xbox One) so this makes quite a lot of gamers unsure if they want to jump to next-gen or not.

Yet I've known a lot of people were demanding PS5 and Xbox Series X to be restocked, meaning that a lot of them are ready to jump into the next gen era.

PlayStation 5's first parties being shared with PS4

• Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Horizon Forbidden West (Confirmed)
  • God Of War Ragnarok (Confirmed)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (Most likely)

Xbox Series X/S's first parties being shared with Xbox One

• Forza Horizon 4
  • Sea Of Thieves
  • Gears 5
  • Gears Tactics
  • Halo Infinite

PS5 and Xbox Series X's third parties being shared with their respective predecessors:

• Overcooked! All You Can Eat
  • DiRT 5
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
  • NBA 2K21
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Destiny 2
  • Fortnite
  • Watch Dogs: Legion
  • Marvel's Avengers
  • Just Dance 2021
  • Ride 4
  • F1 2021
  • Far Cry 6
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  • And much more...
 • 
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

I'm a bit of a nerd so I was always going to get this day one, I was lucky. But this is the first console where I'm like hm I probbaly could have held out cause the only game I played I couldn't play elsewhere was Demons Souls and yes it was amazing and one of the best games last year it wasn't worth a console.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

How do you really circumvent the scalpers, though?

The only way to circumvent the scalpers is to pre-order for a platform as soon as possible before others.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignoring my PC for a sec.

Because I bought a PS4 and a Switch in 2019, and about 20 games for both consoles since buying them, my backlog is long enough to last me for a few years. I've literally have games like The Last of Us, Spider-Man, inFamous, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and other notable exclusives on my shelf for almost two years and I've only put them in their respective console to install them. I played Dad of Boy, but that was the only big game that I had the time to actually finish.

Okay but it's always a good idea to keep gaming PC and consoles in general as part of your video game collection.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@gtxforza said:
@facelessvixen said:

Ignoring my PC for a sec.

Because I bought a PS4 and a Switch in 2019, and about 20 games for both consoles since buying them, my backlog is long enough to last me for a few years. I've literally have games like The Last of Us, Spider-Man, inFamous, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and other notable exclusives on my shelf for almost two years and I've only put them in their respective console to install them. I played Dad of Boy, but that was the only big game that I had the time to actually finish.

Okay but it's always a good idea to keep gaming PC and consoles in general as part of your video game collection.

Well, yeah; learning about PC hardware and putting a couple of builds together since 2015 may be the real reason for why I've put off the 8th gen consoles for so long. But since the notion of going into a thread about colones and bragging about my PC for the 2,080th time is a dick move that hasn't appealed to me since GameTrailers, I figures that talking about my 40-someing game backlog with 8th gen consoles as my reasons for not being too interested in the newer systems would be more appropriate/on topic; thus me saying "ignoring my PC for a sec."

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If they aren't hard to get I'll be picking up one of them this holiday season. If it still takes dedication to grab one I'll wait further.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By gtxforza
@hizang said:

I'm a bit of a nerd so I was always going to get this day one, I was lucky. But this is the first console where I'm like hm I probably could have held out cause the only game I played I couldn't play elsewhere was Demons Souls and yes it was amazing and one of the best games last year it wasn't worth a console.

Please take your time to decide if you want to jump onto the next-gen.

Here is a trivia about PS4:

Back in 2013-2016, some of its first parties were shared with PS3 or PS Vita following are:

• Resogun (PS4's launch title then ported to PS3 and PS Vita in 2014)
  • MLB 14: The Show (Shared with PS4, PS3, and PS Vita)
  • CounterSpy (Shared with PS4, PS3, and PS Vita then later it got ported to mobile phones)
  • Entwined (Shared with PS4, PS3, and PS Vita)
  • Hohokum (Shared with PS4, PS3, and PS Vita)
  • SingStar (2014) (Shared in between PS4 and PS3)
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (Shared in between PS4 and PS3)
  • MLB 15: The Show (Shared with PS4, PS3, and PS Vita)
  • Helldivers (Shared with PS4, PS3, and PS Vita then later it got ported to PC since late 2015)
  • MLB The Show 16 (Shared in between PS4 and PS3)

Meanwhile, the PS3 and PS Vita's first parties being remastered for PS4 following are:

• Flower
  • Escape Plan
  • Flow
  • Sound Shapes
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • The Unfinished Swan
  • Gravity Rush Remastered
  • God of War III Remastered
  • Journey
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Consists of the first 3 main Uncharted games)
  • Beyond: Two Souls
  • Hustle Kings
  • Super Stardust Ultra
  • Heavy Rain
  • Wipeout Omega Collection

Well, I've heard quite a lot of PS4 owners didn't have a PS3 or PS Vita so that's why its first-party studios decided to remaster them for PS4.

While those who don't have a PS4 while they have a gaming PC, the selected PS4's first parties are coming to PC so their respective developers can earn more money before they can start on their future projects.