Too easily overlooked games - that dont suck.... too much

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Questionable

Back in the PS2 days i got plenty of silent hits from lurking the message boards but at times now it feels those have gone the way of the dodo. In part due to being busier with RL work and i guess the higher production values scare off most of the smaller projects.

Now i recently  "discovered" katamari forever wich by this time was already down to bargain bin pricing thats how out of touch i am nowadays. Now i'm hearing some rumors that agarest of war might actually have some good gameplay hidden under the fanservice. 

So what quality games has or will this produce that are way too easily overlooked? 
-edit: this was meant for the PS3 forums but i guess it got slapped on the general discussion forum for reasons unknown to me... sucks being a newbie >.<

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AltonBrown

Folklore was interesting.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Dogma

Can I add yet another PS2 game instead that had a little special place in my heart? Greggory Horror Show, a game that not many have tried (and does not have a wikipage on GB!) and that is made by Capcom. Really cool little adventure game with ongoing time puzzles in the style of Majoras Mask. 

On the PS3 though.... not really sure. I myself mostly liked the bigger titles or mabey some multiplattform games. Haven't been that many exclusive PS3 games that were not made by SCE.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck
@Questionable: The thread ending up here isn't a mistake you made, but a bug that's going around.

@Dogma: Gregory Horror Show was such an odd game, but it was pretty cool I thought.
Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Dogma
@Azteck: Yeah,,, it's quite odd. I played it back in 2004 but actually sat down with it this week with a friend. My more critical thinkig sees that it has issues when it comes to telling the player what to do BUT goddamn it, it looks really good still. It's a PS2 game from 2003 and it actually still holds up graphically much because of it's special design.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArchScabby
Pure

If I think of more I'll post them
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Rhaknar

im the king of liking mediocre games :P

Ill stick with the current gen and last year, cba thinking way back

I liked and finished Bionic Commando, Im enjoying The Saboteur (but didnt finish it with being sidetracked with darksiders and mass effect 2), and I really want to get Dantes Inferno even with the mediocre reviews.

Oh and Wolverine, finished and loved it :P Also finished and enjoyed Prototype and Brutal Legend if those count. All games you can probably get quite cheap these days. Oh and Halo Wars, digged that also :D

I might pick up Dark Void cheap one of these days, and as I already mentioned, Dantes Inferno

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By m1k3

One game that fits this is Valkyria Chronicles (lol i always bring this up). Its one Ps3 game that got overlooked since it was released around the time hit games came out (cant remember what though)

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Azteck
@Dogma: I played it sometime last year. November perhaps. And I agree, it still works because of the strange yet neat design. And the plot is just wonderfully crazy.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

William's Pinball Hall of Fame, if you like pinball at all
Hustle Kings, if you like billiards at all (maybe this one isn't being ignored, but I don't hear people chatting about it)

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Whisperkill

I love Mirror's Edge, and would love even more, a sequel.

And Riddick: Dark Athena, that game was awesome and had the most overlooked mulitplayer mode ever.

I'll also add all the Monolith games, because they are awesome. F.E.A.R. 2 and the Condemned games are simply awesome and are extremely overlooked. 

And lastly, I'd say Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. It got some coverage on this site, but nowhere else. That game was one of the best games of last year, hands down.