Turning up the volume on my LG monitor?

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eric_buck

Hey guys, lately I've been playing PS3 on my 22' LG monitor. I'm not quite sure on the model but it's got rounded edges and touchscreen menu buttons. I've been playing with headphones but the volume isn't very loud. Is there a way to turn up the volume on the monitor (the headphones are at max vol.)?    
defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By defaulttag

monitor speaker volume is different from headphone volume in terms of how you adjust it. I do the same with my samsung, designating the settings for audio output 'external' and it's not very loud with headphones. pretty much all you can do is max out your headphones. adjusting the volume on the monitor will only affect the monitor's internal speakers, not your headphones.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By eric_buck

@defaulttag:
If I hook up speakers to the monitor, then hook up my headphones the speakers, will that make it louder? Anyways I'll try that out, thanks for the help.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Why not just connect your headphones to your pc and use the volume control there. Ignore you monitor's headphone function.

Will turning up the volume from your operating system make the headphone speakers sound louder?

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By defaulttag
@Eric_Buck: it might. certainly worth a try. external speakers like PC speakers only control the speakers volume, not the headphone jack output it has. again, you might be limited by your headphones volume settings. but you'll never know, since the monitor is going through the external speakers first before reaching your headphones, it could have an effect on volume.
defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By defaulttag
@HitmanAgent47: he's playing with a PS3
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@defaulttag: Lol okay, my bad. 

Well if I use headphones, I just connect my ps3 to my pc, however sound outputs to my home theater system with a 3.5mm audio jack to a RCA adapter with a red and white audio cable. However not everyone has a setup like that, that's the only advice I can offer. 

Or maybe output the ps3, white and red av cables, to that adapter, to the back of your pc speakers and hope there is a hole for a headphone. Then again there might not be one, so that might not work. I guess the op is on his own there.
Izaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Izaak

I have a 24" LG  Flatron Monitor, it doesn't have touch screen menu buttons, but there is a button along the side of the screen labelled 'FÜN' (I have no idea why), from this you can access all of the adjustments of the monitor such as volume, brightness etc.  
Yours probably isn't the same model but if it does have a 'FÜN' option anywhere, try that.