Vagrant Story PSN

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kenjisalk

Any particular reason we haven't had this released on the North American PSN?  Europe just got it, so it's not like the english version isn't ready to go.  It's my favorite RPG, and I'm pretty bummed we have no confirmation that we're getting it here.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

It's quite strange how they release some games in North America and Europe but never both for some reason. I wanted to get Castlevania SoTN but that's only availiable in the US. : (

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kenjisalk

I swear if they don't release it in the states, I'm going to plotz. :<

Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Solarus

I agree. I want VS on PSN really really bad. One of the best RPGs ever.

I personally think that Sony is wonky with how they handle the 3 different PSN stores. It's like they put their hand in a bag and whatever they pull out is stuck up on one of the PSN stores and they continue doing this for each region. The Japanese PSN store rocks, and Europe has some pretty awesome ones as well.

The American one has FFVII, MGS and.... Not a whole lot else comes to mind (just talking in terms of PS classics of course). It's really frustrating.

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kenjisalk

Well, the American PSClassics selection has gotten a lot better, but I just don't get why the EU and US stores can't get simultaneous releases.  Must be some sorta legal hurdle or something.

Either way, I just hope they eventually release VS, because if it stays a EU exclusive forever I'm going to be extremely upset.  It deserves to be available to the many who never played the thing when it came out, and I am dying to have a portable copy of it since I have a lot of down time on campus and at work.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By dbz1995

Dude, you guys got Spyro the Dragon. We don't have Spyro the Dragon. You guys got Crash Bandicoot. We only got the first Crash Bandicoot. And now on the one time I thought they got it right and actually put another decent game in our PS1 Classics collection, you guys don't get it. Why? This is seriously annoying me. Couldn't we just get the same stuff?

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kenjisalk

I would gladly trade all the Crash and Spyro games for VS, that's for damn sure.  It indeed doesn't make any sense.

Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Solarus
@dbz1995 said:
" Dude, you guys got Spyro the Dragon. We don't have Spyro the Dragon. You guys got Crash Bandicoot. We only got the first Crash Bandicoot. And now on the one time I thought they got it right and actually put another decent game in our PS1 Classics collection, you guys don't get it. Why? This is seriously annoying me. Couldn't we just get the same stuff? "
I'll gladly trade Spyro and Crash Bandicoot for VS :P

I'm convinced Sony hates the American PSN store for whatever reason. If we got all the stuff the Japanese store got, we'd be set (EU as well, probably)
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake

I suppose it's safe to say that Sony are pretty incompetent with PSN releases or that they just don't want to tell us why they do something silly like this.

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kenjisalk

Well, the rights holders to a lot of these games might be tying up their release in certain regions (Universal now owning the Crash and Spyro characters I'm sure makes things a bit complicated, for instance).  I'm not sure how much of this kind of thing is legal red tape and how much of it is incompetence.  That still doesn't cover VS since Square has the rights to it, and I'm pretty sure didn't let that copyright slide in the states.  I could be wrong, however.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By guiseppe

Well, now you know how us europeans feel. There's plenty of games I want but can't get because it's US only. So I've only bought two games from the EU store. If I had access to the US store, I probably would have downloaded about 10 games. Their loss I guess.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate

VS was my favourite psx rpg- im so glad it made it to psn over here, hopefully you guys get it soon :(

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kenjisalk

There are many known factors why games might not be released/re-released in Europe, least of which being ratings/censorship issues.  The same cannot be said about North America, which is why this is so bizarre.  The only thing I can think of is that they don't think it will sell well and deems it not worth releasing over here (seeing as it performed well in Europe).  

I just wish we'd get confirmation either way as to if we're ever going to get it here.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nasar7

I still have my copy of the original game so I'm set but it would be nice if there were simultaneous worldwide releases for this stuff.

Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Solarus

All I know, is I'd forgive the blatant stupidity of Sony if they brought Xenogears OR Vagrant Story over here. The Japanese store has all the good games >: (

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By get2sammyb

It's because each seperate entity of SCE is directly responsible for each Store.

But yes, it is a bit silly how long it takes them. I really don't know why they don't just load the Playstation Store with PSone Classics just right away. I mean, it's "free" money at the end of the day isn't it.

kenjisalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kenjisalk

I'm guessing it's to ensure they have new content to release over a long period of time, and development of pspminis isn't going to cut it when they run out of PsClassics.

Still sucks though, I want my entire PSone catalog on my PSP damnit.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#18  Edited By gla55jAw

North America get's everything late for some reason.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@jakob187: Awesome! Looks like we have some good games to look forward to.
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By habster3

HELL YEAH!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Marz

nice, it's probably my favorite playstation RPG next to ff tactics.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Fuck Vagrant Story (I love it. :P). LEGEND OF FUCKING MANA.