Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Sarge__Gunnerz

Poll Valve Poll Question (9 votes)

Half Life 1 and 2 Remastered 44%
Half Life 3 89%
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 Remastered 22%
Left 4 Dead 3 67%

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but at this point would you rather have next-gen remastered versions of Half Life 1 and 2, or have Half Life 3 finally released? Or if zombies are your thing, the same question goes for Left 4 Dead. I have a feeling most of the votes will go to Half Life 3, but who knows.

• 
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I feel there needs to be a stickied thread somewhere to remind people polls are broken.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaggE

I'd honestly prefer L4D3 at this point. Watching the internet explode at L4D3 coming first would be amazing. And I kinda like HL3's current mythical status more than I want it to actually come out. Duke Nukem Forever was a harsh lesson in hype that won't soon be forgotten. (I know DNF had a rather unique reason for being as bad as it was, but still)

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like a good remaster but I would always rather choose new games.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Cirdain

@shagge: I'd prefer a L4D3 right now. Later I think I'll be feeling some HL3.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why games that can already run at 60 FPS at basically any resolution you want and are modable need a remaster. Half Life 3 wins this by a country mile for me.

HappyCheeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is Half-Life 3 Firewatch?

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ElixirBronze

wait, people aren't sick of the l4d formula yet? huh...

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I was done with L4D after the second game, and the old HL releases scale nicely and can be easily modded anyway.

HL3, no question.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HL3, just so the jokes will end.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@goonage said:

HL3, just so the jokes will end.

This. So much this. I actually really like the series, but I can't stand the jokes anymore. It's seriously like a hundred times worse than Portal cake jokes at this point

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Probably a Left 4 Dead 3. I completely understand Half-Life 1 & 2's significance on the industry, but I never felt they were "fun" to play. Even when they first released. That's obviously a taste/subjective thing, though.

Even though I didn't play L4D1/2 very much, a next-gen L4D3 for Xbox One/Playstation 4 would be pretty cool. Although, at this point, I'm scared to even ask for games anymore with exclusivity rights being swept up by both sides. LET ME CHOOSE DAMMIT.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

There is no point in remaking any of those games. Half Life 1 maybe, but that has already been done. Though on the same note I kind of don't care about l4d3 or hl3, sooooooo. Either of those coming out is preferable anyways.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I can't say I cared for Half-Life as much as most people back when it was hot. And Left4Dead is sort of a snore these days because there are too many zombie games. So, give us some more Portal games is my choice.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZolRoyce

@yummylee: Digging your Santa Barry avatar. "You were almost a Jill candy cane!"... sorry, moving on.

I care about the characters and story that Half Life had, I don't need a shiny new engine, I don't need ground breaking gameplay, I just want a finish on the story before the voice actors die of old age. So Half-Life 3 for me.

I feel a remaster of L4D 1 and 2 is almost a mute point because if they did a 3rd and made it anything like 2 at some point they would just port the levels from 1 and 2 over anyways basically remastering them.

If we get another Portal game before HL3 I would be kind of bummed, more Portal would be fun, they are good games and maybe they could attempt some sort of puzzle game on the surface or whatever, but if they put out a P3 before a HL3 I'm gonna feel like "Man, they really really for realsies really aren't doing anything with HL anymore are they?"

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new Half life would be great, but I don't know if it's worth doing. How do you live up to a decade of hype?

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By schlorgan

We don't talk about Half Life 3 anymore...

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Polls don't work so this is kind of pointless, but I'd rather have Half Life 3. Half Life 1 and 2 still hold up fine and wouldn't really benefit from a remaster. You can even play most of Half Life 1 in the source engine uprezzed and what not by playing Black Mesa so... there's really no need for a remaster of those games.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

LD42 still holds up. I'd happily return to that game if I ever had the time.

I've yet to play all the Half Life games, but I'd be interested to see exactly what a Half Life 3 would look like.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half Life 3. HL 1 looks good with the Black Mesa mod. HL2 holds up fine if I want to replay it. We don't need remakes.

I don't think a sequel to L4D could do much to add to the experience without taking away from the formula that works so well with that game. There are plenty of fantastic new levels and campaigns on the workshop for L4D2 already. I don't want a sequel to add weapon scopes or anything. It would probably just be a prettier game with more weapons and levels (which is fine, but not something I'm dying for).

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I just want that Black Mesa mod to finally show up on steam

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By audiosnow

I've never really enjoyed the L4D games. I recognize that they're great, but just not for me. So I'm for Half-Life 3. Partially because Episode 2's cliffhanger was a real gut-punch, and partially to just shoot the horse already. Anticipation has already crescendoed and it's become a bad joke. Someone's blown up a balloon too big and now it has sprouted holes and it's leaking air and the whistling is just annoying.

Half-Life still looks fine to me. That era of 1998-2002 in games doesn't bother me in the slightest, graphically.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@yummylee said:

I feel there needs to be a stickied thread somewhere to remind people polls are broken.

Better yet, they should actually fix the polls.

No need for remastering anything, We just need the next Half-Life game.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@yummylee said:

No one reads the stickies anyway

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I didn't play L4D1/2 very much, a next-gen L4D3 for Xbox One/Playstation 4 would be pretty cool. Although, at this point, I'm scared to even ask for games anymore with exclusivity rights being swept up by both sides. LET ME CHOOSE DAMMIT.

Valve are pretty big on putting their games on as many platforms as they can so I don't think you'll have to worry about that any time soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, the only one of those games I give a shit about is the original Half-Life and it's already been redone. I guess I'd be curious to see what a Half-Life 3 even is at this point.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The poll is very much broken. Dan....