Video Game Testing

kylekatarn666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kylekatarn666

I may or may not be a video game tester, or maybe I know one. What I will describe below is the truth, you could refuse to believe me but that doesn't change the fact that it happened.

Very recently, I have learned  about a terrible event. There were 60 video games testers who were assigned to find bugs for an upcoming movie-related video game. After most of the testing was done  on the build, the testers went out to lunch. The producers of the video game then looked at the data about the bugs found by the testers and decided that the reports were terrible. When the testers came back from lunch, 23 of them were fired. They were fired because they didn't find enough bugs in the game.

You can post your reactions or share some similar stories regarding your experiences or stories you've heard about video game related jobs.
On a serious side note, go see the Dark Knight, Gary Oldman looks amazingly attractive in it.

namster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By namster

its not uncommon for ppl to be fired over unsatisfactory work
whether the evaluators expected more than they should have that can be debated
If i work at McDonalds and am working too slow for the supervisor even if I am trying my hardest that have the ability to fire me
they didn't break any laws in doing so
it's cruel not illegal

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By RVonE

Sucks for those guys, but that is what happens.

Mordok44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Mordok44

The problem is a lot of video game tests don't take there job serious that's why they get fired. I'm sure if you look dedicated enough and work hard enough you wont get fired.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Termite

Well I could understand if like the guy wrote

Cheese and ketchup

in his bug reporting notepad but I'm assuming all of them did report some bugs, so it seems quite cruel

Cardon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Cardon

That sucks I guess.  But if they weren't doing their job to the fullest extent then I guess the terminations were justified.  It's also nice to see that the producers of the game are serious about releasing a quality product which is bug free for the most part.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By LightYagami245
namster said:
"its not uncommon for ppl to be fired over unsatisfactory work
whether the evaluators expected more than they should have that can be debated
If i work at McDonalds and am working too slow for the supervisor even if I am trying my hardest that have the ability to fire me
they didn't break any laws in doing so
it's cruel not illegal

"
Agreed. In my state, we have the "Right to fire" rule, which means they can fire you for no reason whatsoever.
Colino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Colino
Cardon said:
"That sucks I guess.  But if they weren't doing their job to the fullest extent then I guess the terminations were justified.  It's also nice to see that the producers of the game are serious about releasing a quality product which is bug free for the most part."
Too bad videogames from movies still suck 99% of the time!
LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By LightYagami245
Colino said:
"Cardon said:
"That sucks I guess.  But if they weren't doing their job to the fullest extent then I guess the terminations were justified.  It's also nice to see that the producers of the game are serious about releasing a quality product which is bug free for the most part."
Too bad videogames from movies still suck 99% of the time!
"
lol so true man. Which must mean they fire everyone who tested on it and people who were not even involved with the development of it.
banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By banksrob

lol that's a painful story for those who got sacked, maybe they couldn't believe they made there game alright?