We Met in May - quick thoughts on a quick game

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Hey all! Sorry for sticking this in General but I'm getting some odd results when searching for the game title.

Friend of the site Nina Freeman's independently developed game We Met in May dropped, and thought I'd give it a quick shoutout... which you probably figured out from the title of this post. Anyways, it's four short vignettes about a couple's dates, and it's worth a look if you're into light romantic comedies. It's got a neat art style, but unfortunately the beach vignette's colors meshed a little too well and I couldn't really see what it was I was supposed to be doing, so I couldn't finish that one. It took me about twenty minutes all told to complete the other three vignettes (that's total), but with different dialogue possibilities that probably stretches out another twenty minutes.

The dialogue's playful, I like the art style (when it doesn't fight with my crappy eyes), and for five bucks, I feel pretty okay with it. At the very least, it's worth a look.

Edit - this is available on Steam. Don't know about anywhere else.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Nubster

I enjoyed Cibele quite a bit. I really like that games are beginning to become outwardly biographical or autobiographical; it feels like the beginning of a very important turn when it comes to the importance and proliferation of games in people's everyday lives.

Anyway, I didn't realize that this had released. Thanks for the reminder!

Edit: also General is the only place for people to see anything anymore. It's amazing how barren game-specific forums have become.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I played Cibele a year or two ago and really enjoyed it. While I didn't have a 1-to-1 experience of what happened in that game, I had enough experiences that were close enough that it resonated with me in a lot of ways. When I talked about it at the time, I said something along the lines of every person of a certain age probably can relate to it in at least a few ways.

I'll pick this up when I get a chance!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@bladeofcreation: This one's definitely relatable too. It's told from the female perspective, but I think everyone on both sides of the gender fence can appreciate awkward, goofy dates.