What are your 3 best looking games of 2014?

• 74 results
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lelcar said:

I think Sunset Overdrive's visuals are underrated. That game looks fantastic. I'm not even a big SO supporter, I don't even own an Xbox One, but man that game really looks good.

Yeah, I felt pretty cold about that game pretty quickly after buying it, but those visuals are pretty much perfect for that game. Artistically it looks great, but even technically it's one of the more impressive looking games this year. I'd put its visuals way above games like Shadow of Mordor, despite liking Shadow way more as an experience.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Ethan Carter, Alien Isolation, South Park

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

• Ethan Carter
  • Alien Isolation
  • South Park

How South Park got left out of the official discussions is a complete mystery to me, that game looked FUCKING IDENTICAL to the show.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't know about my 3 best looking games, but my number one should be a game that I've never played. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- is my best looking game of 2014.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Transistor was definitely the best looking game I played. I didn't really play any other full games that struck me visually, but there were certain parts of games that did, like the neon in Infamous, and some of the backgrounds in Bravely Default. Guilty Gear was probably the correct winner, I'm glad it didn't go to a graphics (technical) choice at least.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Drive Club - Even without the weather, it has nice car models and day/night cycles.
  2. Metro Redux - Lighting makes a world of difference. Even though its a revamped older game, there's some cues that make me stop and take notice.

Other than that, nothing's raised my eyebrows enough. Infamous looked neat at times but you can forget about most of it. Mordor had great character design but the world you inhabit is well, Mordor.

eliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

• inFamous: Second Son
  • Driveclub
  • Alien Isolation

Honorable mentions: Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Dragon Age Inquisition, Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor, Destiny, Watch_Dogs, P.T.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

1) Broken Age
2) Shovel Knight
3) Advance Warfare

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@korwin said:

How South Park got left out of the official discussions is a complete mystery to me, that game looked FUCKING IDENTICAL to the show.

Especially considering how backwards it was done - it's done on the Dungeon Siege IIIengine.

ConstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ConstantRyan

#1 Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - I have never squealed in joy over how cute a game is this much since Kirby's Epic Yarn. Toad's lil face!!!

#2 Neverending Nightmares

#3 MGSV: Ground Zeroes

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1. DA:Inquisition

2. Destiny

3. LoU remasterd

4. Elite Dangerous

zerdune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

The Banner Saga is the clear standout this year for me.

TangyGeoduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3) South Park. It nails the show perfectly, and I love that look.

2) Destiny. I've only played the 360 version, but even that one looks great. The various planets all look like believably terraformed versions of what I picture the planets to look like, and the all the sci-fi gear looks top notch.

1) Jazzpunk. The art style makes this game work, and it's probably my game of the year. I had a huge smile on my face the entire time I was playing, and I loved the look of the game.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#64  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Best looking? Well, of the ones I actually played...

• Destiny
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ac Unity
Avatar image for cairnsythebeard
CairnsyTheBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 22

• Alien: Isolation
  • Shovel Knight
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

The Banner Saga. No other games deserve mention.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Assassin's Creed Unity: I think Unity is a bad game but the one thing it has going for it are the graphics. Especially if you're able to run it in 60fps on a PC. This is absolutely one of the best looking games of the year.
  • Driveclub: With the weather update this game looks absolutely insane especially in motion. It is the best looking driving game I've ever played and driving games already look pretty good throughout the bank.
  • Alien: Isolation: The best and cleanest looking sci fi ship interior. I was never tired of running through these corridors because they look so great. The smoke and the general atmosphere help as well.
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

P.T.

Shadow of Mordor

MGS V: Ground Zeroes

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ghostiet said:
@korwin said:

Especially considering how backwards it was done - it's done on the Dungeon Siege IIIengine.

Well to be fair it wasn't just the Dungeon Siege 3 engine, that just happens to be the other game that's been made with Obisian's proprietary Onyx engine.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Berserker976

3. Infamous: Second Son - It takes photo mode to fully appreciate how amazing the game can really look. Seriously, if you have this game and have never made use of photo mode, go try it out.

2. Dragon Age: Inquisition - The environmental design in DA: Inquisition is really beautiful. After playing Destiny I felt sure that it was going to rank on this list for the same reason, but Inquisition sets a new bar for me.

1. Velocity 2X - Flawless gameplay just isn't as impressive if it's not backed up by equally appealing visual design. Fortunately for Velocity 2X it checks both of those boxes, punches you in the mouth, and then checks them again.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of the few 2014 games I played this year I guess I have to go with Dark Souls 2. Dragon Age: Inquisition looks great too but I still prefer the grittier, worn down and sometimes disturbingly creative world of Dark Souls. Maybe I would change my mind if I ran Dragon Age on a better PC, who knows.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Inquisition looks stunning a lot of the time. It is by far the strongest aspect of the game (excluding my love for Cassandra, which is unbreakable).

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No love for Forza Horizon 2? That makes me sad. It would be my pick, followed by Hitman:Go and South Park: Stick of Truth.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#74  Edited By schlorgan

Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age and Wolfenstein.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Unity

Dragon Age 3

Vanishing of Ethan Carter