• 70 results
SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SexyToad

The cheating I'm talking about is using glitches, hacks, etc. some examples are in games like animal crossing, putting in cheats codes for bells. In Call of duty it's using hacks to be tenth prestige or something else that makes you have the advantage. Or in most games doing a glitch that duplicates items or beats the level for you easily. I say no! On some games. With gta4 I use codes for fun. But on other games, cheats just ruins the game. Edit: why doesn't any one care about single player? What about your morals?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MikeGosot

If it harms the experience of others, like cheating in an online match... It's bad. If what you do only affects you, and it's better for you, then i don't care.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

Multiplayer where it like ruins a ranked match or inhibits other people in the game? Fuck you.

10th prestige glitch or something where you exploit a glitch to get around a grind in like a shooter? don't care

Item duping glitch in like Diablo 3 or like Borderlands? don't care.

cheating through a single player game? do what you want...

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

If your cheating in a single player game I dont have a problem with that, if that makes the game fun for you, I do that sometimes. If your Cheating in a Multiplayer game, then you suck.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By hockeymask27

Single Player game Whatever.

Games where it affects another human in any way....go Fuck yourself.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

Single-player, who cares?

Multiplayer? I hope you BURN.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By dillonwerner

@Hockeymask27 said:

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bribo

The clue is in the name. Cheating is a despicable practice.

Meddling with games for yucks is an entirely different practice. I like the fact that many PC games allow you to access the console (whether by default or by mod) and let you change the experience, but if you use that to help you beat the game then why are you even bothering? Just watch a playthrough on youtube, you filthy cheat.

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seesic

As long as you are having fun and anyone else involved either doesn't care or enjoys it too, its fine with me.

Personally I think they can be fun to play around with, especially when a game has gotten stale.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Yeah glitching in online multiplayer sucks. For some its part of the game. I got into a discussion with one guy once about why he was glitching in CoD3 because he was actually a good player and he said it was because he's sick of laggers.

As for cheating, it can be fun but I don't do it much these days. I used to do god mode in Doom on Death Incarnate difficulty and just run around and get the bad guys to fight each other.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By tourgen

If it's do-able from within the game it's fair play.  Finding the glitches is half the fun.  Sharing glitches among a group of friends and ruthlessly exploiting them is the other half.  I draw the line at tools external to the game though - packet inspection, decrypting and inspecting game files, modifying game files.  But yeah, if it's achievable from within the game it's fair play and should be expected.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By me3639

Ive never used or altered code for multiplayer, but for single player if i think the game needs a tweak or two then i make a change.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

1. Challenging Single Player Game : I avoid as much as I can
  2. Multilayer anything : Never
  3. Chilling Single Player Games (The Sims kind of things) : Sometimes.
williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By williamhenry

@Bribo said:

The clue is in the name. Cheating is a despicable practice.

Meddling with games for yucks is an entirely different practice. I like the fact that many PC games allow you to access the console (whether by default or by mod) and let you change the experience, but if you use that to help you beat the game then why are you even bothering? Just watch a playthrough on youtube, you filthy cheat.

Get off your high horse. Who the fuck cares what someone does in their own game? As long as its not affecting anyone else's game, you can do whatever you want.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By jacksukeru

Don't care if you cheat in a single player game but it's seldom something I seek out myself.

The other day however I happened upon some kind of glitch while playing The Binding of Isaac that made me suddenly unable to take any damage. I rode that frikkin' wave all the way to the end I tell ya.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
@MikeGosot
If it harms the experience of others, like cheating in an online match... It's bad. If what you do only affects you, and it's better for you, then i don't care.
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DoctorWelch

Online glitches are annoying except when there crazy and fun, but single player cheats/glitches can be either great or terrible. Sometimes cheating while you play by yourself will only make the experience better, but when I learned the duping glitch in Demon's Souls, that pretty much ruined the entire game for me.

Avatar image for themightymonarch
themightymonarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By themightymonarch

Cheating is bad. Richard Baseheart is good.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By TehFlan

I don't really care what other people do, but I don't use cheats. Sort of seems to defeat the purpose of actually playing the game if you aren't actually going to beat it on your own. If you've beaten the game and just want to mess around with stuff, I suppose that's a different story.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By s10129107

iddqd

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikkaQ

It's only cheating if you're caught, right?

I still don't do it because I like the challenge. I'll cheat a lot in games like Just Cause 2 where I just want to give myself the craziest sandbox possible. But that's a rare exception.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheHumanDove

I only cheat using cliche methods at chess

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Justin258

In multiplayer? Don't do that shit, it's immature and stupid and hides your own incompetence.

In single player? Your incompetence doesn't bother me, just don't enable God mode and beat it on the hardest difficulty without dying then claim that you're "just that good" or something.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

It depends.

Avatar image for posttimeskipsam
posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By posttimeskipsam

Cheats are fine as long as they don't harm the experience of other players. If you enjoy duplicating Master balls then have fun.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cloudenvy

As other people have said, as long as it doesn't affect other people then I see no problem with cheating.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

This thread makes me wanna cheat in multiplayer.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Hizang

Cheating seems to have disappeared from the gaming world drastically since the move to this generation. I mean as a child I remember with my Playstation Magazine getting a cheat book full of cheats for a whole mess of games, I miss those days. Vice City had amazing ones like just spawn in a fucking tank, made for good sessions with friends.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

the question is.....is it cheating or using your resources wisely????

single player is fine, but online....why??

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Hockeymask27 said:

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By Sooperspy

If you're doing it in a single player game or mode, then whatever.

In a competitive multiplayer game or mode, then fuck off.

If it helps you climb the leaderboards in a game or mode, then still fuck off.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hoossy

Using codes in single player games to screw around, like in GTA to get all weapons, etc, is of course fine. Any multiplayer cheats/hacks/exploits are just low... and the advocate should be swiftly kicked the nuts.

DallasTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DallasTheGamer

I dont care if people cheat on Singleplayer stuff but if it's Versus Multiplayer, they can burn in hell for all I care. xD

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One does not simply walk into... cheat.

Cheating is fair enough when it is consolidated to either your singleplayer game or a closed/private game with friends. BUT if you cheat on any kind of public or open multiplayer/co-op game, then I want you to go die in a fire.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Morrow

It sucks in Multiplayer I could imagine. And it should be good etiquette not to do it.

In singleplayer however, I don't mind it so much. It can be fun to beat a game the second time around with cheats, because you don't have to worry about gameplay and can just enjoy the story. So for story-runs they're ok I think.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36  Edited By Giantstalker

In singleplayer I never cheat because I want to see how these games are really meant to be played. Closest was Skyrim, where I used the PC console to debug and try to fix broken stuff that invariably crops up during a playthrough.

I don't tolerate it whatsoever in multiplayer games; I'd rather quit and find another server or do something else than put up with that.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Tennmuerti

Cheating is like peeing in the shower.

Think about it.

If you do it in a way that affects others (MP) then you're a disgusting human being. But solo? anything goes, and it can also be way fun! (especially if you're doing a second playthrough and want to squeeze more out of a game) For example I don't ever cheat because of difficulty and almost never on the first play through. But as a PC gamer there are just TONS of fun things to do for say a second playthrough or beyond, testing the games limits, trying to explore everything and every possibility, or going on a power trip, it's a great way to make the same game more fun the second time around.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By Humanity

As long as its offline I don't care - do what you want it's your game.

Personally I used to cheat through ALL my games as a younger teen - then I beat a mission in Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines without cheating and felt really proud of myself, then I beat another and another until I had beaten the entire game without using any cheats and it felt so satisfying. I've literally not cheated a single time ever since when playing any game and that was like 1998.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#39  Edited By wumbo3000

Cheating in single player: Fuck you.

Cheating in multi-player: Don't care.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shirogane

Cheats in single player games, especially sandboxy/open world games, are some of the most awesome things ever. Especially the spawning enemies/NPCs ones. Fun.

Multiplayer....why are you even playing at that point.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Clonedzero

Singleplayer - personally i hate them. i havent used cheats in any game since GTA3 was new. i feel it robs me of my gameplay experience. i dont understand why people would do it for themselves either, but i dont mind that other people do it. i had a friend who complained and got bored of skyrim pretty fast cus he exploited all sorts of stuff and got himself stupidly overpowered gear right away, ruined the game for himself.

Multiplayer - complete dickbags do this. why even play if you have to cheat. not to mention ruining other peoples experience. its just pointless and stupid all around.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By billyhoush

Cheating always seems like a waste of money for me since you are removing the challenge from the gameplay you paid for. I'm also a bit of a trophy/achievement ho so I'll never do it.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@SexyToad said:
why doesn't any one care about single player? What about your morals?
A single-player game is your experience and your experience alone, you should be able to modify it anyway you want. I'm not a "PC gamer," but look at all the mods that are available out there to make a game like Fallout 3, for example, a whole lot easier and less tedious. Cheats can be used for fun, too, but you hardly see those in games anymore. 
Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#44  Edited By Danteveli

Cheating in single player is ok if you want to do it. Many games had cheats after beating game and stuff like that made experience richer. Cheatin in multi is messed up especially auto aim and stuff like that.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45  Edited By buft

@MikeGosot said:

well put, this is exactly how i feel about it, having been on the receiving end of the shield glitches and out of map glitches in Gears of war to such an extent that i stopped playing; i would say i am a big fan of harsh punishments for things like this however i do believe that the starcraft 2 offline bans was a disgrace if people want to use a trainer to help them in a single player campaign then more power to them, i wouldnt do it but to get banned for it seems overly aggressive.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

If it's a multiplayer cheat/hack it is bad because it can ruin the fun of others. CoD4 is full of hackers, even on the xbox, and is just unplayable because people have full-auto Barrets and deadly flash bangs. Borderlands had some problems what with modded guns, some where fine and pretty well done, but some could detach a section of Crawmerax in a single shot and then there was the shield that made you invincible. But I'm fine with cheats/mods/hacks in singleplayer because they're possibly ruining it for themselves, but most of the time make a game much more fun.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

If the cheating is going to sour the experience for others in a multiplayer fashion (i.e. Call of Duty, Battlefield, other big multiplayer franchises.), then it's bad and that user should be banned. Other than that, single player games that use cheats? Meh.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By gosukiller

Ok on SP.

Capital offense in MP.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Akeldama

If it enhances your experience at the cost of nobody else's, there is no issue.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zeforgotten

If it's ruining the game for everyone in multiplayer, go fuck yourself. 
If it's singleplayer and it only fucks you up by breaking your game, go right ahead