What is the quickest you've ever returned/resold a game?

• 105 results
Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I have not returned or sold a game since I got the PS4 a few years ago with the SINGLE exception of Watch_Dogs. I bought it used and there was a 7 day return policy on used games so I took that shit back after a couple days. Underscore this.

cat_herder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TItanfall 2 on PC. Japanese datacenter had a population of 50. Immediately refunded it and bought it on PS4 instead.

ngGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would have returned some games that I bought like Assassins Creed 1 and an old Call of Duty game (I cant remember which one) but Im agoraphobic, so I just sucked it up and kept them.

LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gauntlet Seven Sorrows and Tom Clancy Future Soldier both day 1 returns, Future Soldier was because it was utterly broken for me and my brother, and Seven Sorrows was just not great.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mordukai

Refunded The Division after 50 minutes.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Gosh, I don't think I've returned a game since the PS2 era. It happened one time with Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. I took it back the next day and the guy recommended Mercenaries instead, but I think I swapped it for Capcom Fighting Evolution. (This was from the 'like new' used section.)

Wait, I remembered a second time. I took back Ominusha: Dawn of Dreams because I was a dumbass. I could not wrap my head around the controls. I was pressing every button and the guy wouldn't attack. I should've stuck with it 'cos I then read the great reviews and felt left out. I got DMC3: SE instead.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spore lasted a hot 20 minutes on my machine before I decided to get a refund on that one.

If it was JUST the cell stage. That's literally all I like. Sorry, Will.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By AlexW00d

Killer is Dead after 30 minutes. I think it was only £3 on sale but even then I was so fucking offended by how shit that game is I had to refund it.

dachen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DMC2 for me as well. Got it at maybe 7pm one night, beat it by midnight, returned it to GameStop the next day. This was before they changed their return policy, and the guy asked why I was returning​ it, I just told him straight that I beat it and it was terrible. That game... is something else.

Stiverton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Stiverton

Hey You Pikachu. Returned it after one night.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never returned or resold a game, but there are two standout titles. I bought Superman Returns from the clearance bin; I expected terrible, and that's what I got. But I lasted about an hour into my $60 copy of Crackdown 2 before turning it off in disgust. That's a game that, if I ever returned games, I would have returned.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

H1Z1 because i got bored within 10 mins and it felt unfinished and buggy.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Billy Hatcher
Young me hated that game, it just played and controlled awful I thought. Seeing people liked that game back in the day makes me a bit curious to return now.
I guess it's also the only game I've ever returned.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64  Edited By veektarius

I returned Lords of the Fallen after about 20 minutes. I can't remember if I beat the first boss or not, I just remember that it felt like it controlled as though I'd put my controller in molasses.

RyuseiDate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered a copy of Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate because it had a decent sticker decal for the 3DS. Ended up selling the game the next day on eBay after i beat it and was tremendously disappointed with the whole experience.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

re: zelda: why do we even buy these crappy underpowered cosoles anymore? throw them in the trash and get on the 4k pc gaming level!

aaanyway can't really say ive returned games so fast; i usually know what i want going in and even if im not 100% happy i just eat the cost and keep playing. i felt like a cynical a-hole for it, but probably the closest ive gotten was no man's sky, but i kept going after 2 hrs and it was technically a gift; i got a decent amount of enjoyment i suppose.

ive sold back a bunch of stuff that i now regret in harder financial times. and i did sell most of my snes collection for mario golf on n64, which i quite deeply regret. one of my old friends also sold back some 60 dollar buggy driving game for n64 the day he got it and used the credit towards fzero, heh (at least the fzero he stuck with and rightfully so)

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

Burnout Legends for the Nintendo DS. It took me all of 2 minutes to realize, to my horror, that the DS version (unlike the apparently stellar PSP version) was an atrocious, completely unplayable mess. I returned it immediately.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's been some steam games where I've played the game for 5 minutes or less and realized right off the bat that it wasn't the game I thought it'd be and used the return feature.

Outside of that, it'd be the first Mario Party. I bought it not realizing that it was pointless as a single player game, played for about 30 minutes, and then begged my parents to drive me back to the store to return it. I didn't have Nintendo Power or anything like that, and I was not such an early adopter that I had the internet in 1998; had no idea what the game was. I thought it'd be like Super Mario 64.

hawk_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I returned a WWE game same-day after I found out what 2K's season pass stuff actually meant.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I returned Quake 4, got it for christmas at the same time as Half-Life 2, Call of Duty 2 and F.E.A.R, i played COD2 first among those games then played Quake 4 and compared directly with that it was so disappointing, specifically it was a standard bullet spongey boss fight which made me realise i wasn't having fun anymore. I decided to finish what i'd started and played through the game in 2014 and had a much better time with it, it was just the direct comparison to some of the greatest shooters of all time that put me off, Quake 4 is a good game.

The quickest refund i've received was for Battlefield 1, the WW1 setting held all the promise that Dice could make a different kind of Battlefield, but at some point any attempts to do so were forgotten and they just made another Battlefield, i'm going to be very skeptical when it comes to the next game.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never returned a game. I have a policy that I don't return anything ever unless it's just straight up broken, so that I can make myself think seriously about whether or not I really want/need to buy this thing.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil for the PS1. I really liked RE2 but I found the first game boring. Still never completed it. I bought the RE super pack for £16 so maybe i'll play the REmake at some point.

I also took back Perfect Dark. It was like £80 or something ridiculous when it came out and it was just another Goldeneye without the licence. I was a lot more stingy in the 90s.

It was a few days in both instances, also you cant really take back games here in the UK anymore unless it's broken so theres that.

knivesouttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same with me for Mass Effect: Andromeda. Returned the next day after about 7 hours. Other than that, recently I have loved almost everything I have bought over the last year, and I am less inclined to give up on games as much as I used to. Mass Effect: Andromeda, well, that's a different story...

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should've returned Brink, but I kept it as a reminder not to pre-order games and to wait for reviews before buying games.

Meepismurder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Meepismurder

Metroid: Other M. I beat it and 100%'d it in about 4 days, sold it back to buy the new NHL game coming out the next week.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never returned or sold any game (the closest is giving a game to friends/family when I was finished with it).

That said, one time as a kid I went to a store with my Dad and decided to buy one of the PSP WipeOut games with my own money. I could only afford pre-owned so it wasn't a sealed box and instead they put the games in behind the counter. When I got in the car, my Dad said to check everything was in the bag (he'd bought some things too) which is when I saw the game wasn't in the case. My Dad, annoyed at this point about having to turn around, went to the counter with the case to complain that they didn't put the game in. Instead of looking for the game or apologising, they instantly accused me of purposefully hiding it to "steal another copy". Even when the manager stepped in and found the game, I was very close to cancelling the purchase and asking for my money back.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9de71ea580
deactivated-65f9de71ea580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Avatar game. Returned it within a half hour of getting the achievements.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I returned No Man's Sky after playing it for maybe 30 minutes. Looked an ran like trash, seemed boring.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I returned Planet coaster after about 45 mins. Not really saying it's a bad game but I have such a low threshold for footpaths and streets in these game that I just couldn't play it. I couldn't make a plaza because for some reason the paths wouldn't line up. It's why I've not put as much time into Cities Skylines as I'd have liked and it's why I've put countless hours into the older grid based city builders.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ATastySlurpee

Bought a Gamecube on a Tuesday, returned on a Sunday.

Bought The Order 1886 on a Friday, returned it on Monday

Destiny. Played the beta, liked it enough to take the plunge... returned it within a week as I had just purchased a $60 extended beta

cannoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the OXM demo for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on the original Xbox and it was fantastic. I picked up the PS2 version, thinking they were the same, only to discover that the PS2 port was a horrible, stripped down mess. I think I played it for all of an hour or so before taking it back and exchanging for the Xbox version.

I don't think I ever played the online co-op or spies vs. mercs because I didn't have an Xbox Live subscription, but the campaign was so good that it didn't really matter to me.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only game I think I've ever returned was No Man's Sky. I couldn't get it to run, drivers be damned. It just crashed after the title screen every time. Refunded it about 2 hours after purchase.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#83  Edited By hermes

Batman Arkham Knight.

It took me like 8 hours to install it, notice it didn't execute, reinstall it, verify it didn't execute and ask for a refund.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Billy Hatcher

Young me hated that game, it just played and controlled awful I thought. Seeing people liked that game back in the day makes me a bit curious to return now.

I guess it's also the only game I've ever returned.

Billy Hatcher was the shit!

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#85  Edited By ShadowKnight508

I returned God of War: Ascension to GameStop one day after purchasing it. I put three hours into it after getting home from purchasing it, wasn't overly impressed with it, and returned it the following day so I could put money into getting another game.

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By GuitarGod

I normally don't even buy games Unless I'm certain I will enjoy it, which means it's rare for me to return a game or sell it. But there are a few.

assasins creed black flag. Just a terrible assasins game, but does some neat naval combat. Just not my cup of tea, I do enjoy the Ezio trilogy though.

God of war 3 remastered. Another game with more merit than loss, just way to difficult for me, and the fact that you can't change the difficulty from hard to easy mid game is retarded.

Driveclub. It's a great game graphically, and it's a pretty hardcore racer. It's just not for me, it's boring imo

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Simpsons Skateboarding .

Had it overnight the day it came out. I picked it up thinking that it would be like Tony Hawk Pro Skater but noooooo that game hardly worked and was so annoying to try to play that the next day I went back to gamestop and traded it in. The clerk didnt seem all that surprised, saying how i was like the 10th person that day to bring it back.

haxdax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Returned Dark Souls after about a week of playing. I never sell games back. This is the only one I can think of. The game just made me so mad. About half a year later, it was on sale for like $5 so I got it again. Don't know why but I pushed through and beat it. I like Dark Souls games now.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. I returned it the next day in exchange for Metroid Prime. Luckily, the guy running the store felt bad for me and my lack of money and so let me basically exchange a used game for a new one. Game Crazy was so much better of a store than Gamestop. RIP

ViggyNash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue Legacy. Got it on sale on Steam for $3.74, initiated a return 20 minutes later. I hated the feel of the movement and combat thoroughly.

Second is Brink, again on Steam, which I tried buying again while it was on sale last year. For whatever reason, it performed so badly that it was unplayable.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I returned Civ VI the day I bought it because I realized that purchasing a Civilization game right before finals would be a great way for me to totally tank my grades. That's less a commentary on the game itself (which, I dunno, is probably fine. I'll wait for the expansions) as it is on my own poor impulse buy habits.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guild Wars.

Bought it, hated it and all of its stupid invisible walls, and chat was nothing but spam about stupid dyes. Sold the account on eBay 4 hours later for $30. I just now realized that game came out 12 years ago; time goes by too fast.

Only other one I can think of was Age of Conan around initial release. Played it for a weekend and then sold the account to a coworker. Pretty sure I have sold more MMO accounts in the last 15 years than I have actual games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overwatch for the PS4. I got it as a pack in deal with my PS4 (Purchased for Christmas 2016) for free. I opened the game in store, showed the clerk that the disk was intact and got it's trade value within a few minutes of purchase. I really hate competitive team based games. It's trade value got me a free copy of Witcher 3 and Metal Gear Solid 5. I'am VERY okay with this lol.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#94  Edited By Blackout62

Mass Effect Andromeda, less than 24 hours because Origin refunds are nice.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#95  Edited By Zleunamme

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness. I really wanted to like that game and it was my first entry into the series. I did not played any of the PS1 games at the point. I rented the game and I could not get past the first section of the game where Lara had to escape. I kept dying over and over again then decided to stop playing. That game was technical mess and was the beginning of the end for the developer Core Design. I ended up returning the game within two days.

Soul Blade for PS1. I was on a Soul Calibur phase and wanted to play Soul Blade. I bought it used at Gamestop and had to return it because my PS1 would not play the disc. The disc was defective and did not get much store credit because it was really cheap when I bought it.

The first Assassin's Creed. I got the special edition version that came the figurine. That game made a huge first impression. By the time I got to end of the game. I realized that I was doing the same thing over and over again to get to the final boss. Then comes the convoluted ending. I felt angry that I spent a lot of time working for nothing. I left the game confused and upset that the story had no pay-off. It was the first time I traded-in a game after beating it on the same day.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident evil raccoon city is the only time since I was in grade school I've felt completely burned by a game. Kinda expected it to be a mediocre game to shoot some zombies with a few buddies. It was not. And pretty much ruined my fondness for Nemesis and RE in general.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Destiny. Same day.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By zombievac

Literally never, unless I'm forgetting something I traded in as a teenager (but I would have beaten it or bought it on impulse, which I didn't even do back then with video games. I also don't sell or trade in anything anymore, except to a friend or on Ebay if its worth a lot for some reason, which is almost never).

Arkham for PC was broken at release, but I kept it and waited for it to be fixed... and they did fix it, quite well eventually! Plus I got to play a less buggy game with all the DLC already in it as well. Not that that isn't an excuse, but I knew it would be playable eventually and I'd want to play on PC no matter what. Plus I had bought it for very little $$ even at release, because there was already a buzz that it was broken on PC and the 3rd party steam resellers already started discounting it heavily, with the season pass included if I recall right.

I don't know... I seem to be able to get a good sense if I'll like a game by release day in almost all cases. If I'm not so sure, I just pre-order if there are any bonuses or benefits to doing so, and wait for reviews before I pick it up, or cancel the pre-order and get a refund.

Buying games I don't like/want is a problem that, for me, ended after the NES/Atari days (when I was young enough to rent and buy based on the name and cover). I'm sure it'll happen again someday, but it just hasn't - I look at the pre-release coverage, the early player buzz, or wait for reviews before i finalize the decision. It seems to work.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#99  Edited By sammo21

I took a Monster Hunter game back within 24 hours. I think it was for the 3DS. I traded Warhammer 40k: Fire Warrior in pretty fast, like within 2-3 days. I gave Two Worlds away to a friend within 2-3 days of it coming out as well. I bought For Honor digitally, had such a terrible online experience I deleted it from my harddrive before the Friday evening post launch.

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dynasty Warriors 8 XL. I had a shiny new PS4 I was looking to play stuff on and I enjoyed the PS2 DW games back in high school, so I figured I may as well give it a shot. Bought it at 11am, and by 2pm I was putting it up on Amazon for a couple bucks below retail lol. The series is just not at all for me anymore.