Whats the most damage you have done out of a gaming-induced rage?

• 127 results
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Black_Raven

I usually just shout at the game and walk off, but a few times I've thrown my controller at my TV (which is a CRT by the way) which resulted in the controller smashing into a million pieces....you feel so dumb afterward.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By FireBurger

Lost FIFA to my roommate and smashed my controller on the bedpost, cracking the side of the controller and jamming the rumble on that side. A couple of days later it happened again and I threw it against the dresser, breaking the left analog stick and opening the controller up horizontally.

I usually never hit anything breakable - I've punched the sofa or kicked a footrest before, but nothing serious and not often. Something about losing face to face to somebody when you know you should beat them...

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Binman88

Can't remember what game pissed me off, but I remember bashing my original Gameboy off something, leaving a permanent bright green line across the top of the screen.

Edit: It was probably Battletoads in Ragnarok's World

Riicochet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Riicochet
crunchUK said:
earlier today i was playing halo and i was just getting into gear. It was sandtrap heavy and I was ... [more]
I have never broken anything because i'm not a damn loonie, its just a game.....would you flip the board and punch somone in the face if you found out they were cheating when playing scrabble?

no, you would not.

come on what are you 12?

>halo
>pwn

Ah.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By subject2change
guiseppe said:
I just do the "stare at the TV and drop the controller" thing.

Same, have broken a PS3 Controller though from SF4 and it was just a jammed R1 button tried to fix it but it became worse so I gave up on it lol and bought a new one.

Also broke a pair of Sennheiser PC150s during Season 1 of WoW Arenas in 3s. Other than that not much really.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Karmum

I probably broke my headset or partially damaged my X360 controller out of accidental-rage. By accidental, I mean I didn't mean to drop it on the ground, but on the nearby couch. I swear.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57  Edited By buzz_killington

as a kid while playing Commander Keen, I got pissed and  took the floppy disc out and shredded it into pieces. I also threw the cartiridge for Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts out the window into my front lawn when I was 8. That has been my last incident.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kmdrkul

Partially broke one of my 360 controllers from SFIV; threw the controller on the ground (carpet) but threw it hard enough to cave in the Right Bumper and partially split the controller open.  Still works; except the right bumper.

Also, I got angry at SFIV and went and punched my Xbox really hard, giving my Street Fighter some nasty rings.  Still works, though I cannot use Rose or Gen, for some reason the game gets a disc read error and I get booted to the dashboard.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By crunchUK
Riicochet said:
crunchUK said: earlier today i was playing halo and i was just getting into gear. It was sandtrap heavy and ... [more]
XD talk about pratty elitist
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#60  Edited By flaminghobo
PureRok said:
I have two broken doors (now replaced) and a giant hole in a wall, as well as a broken table. [more]
Woah dude.. are you like the Hulk or something?
-
I've never really done anything EXTREEEEEEEEME, I've just probably stared at the screen and dropped the controller in dismay.
Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Muttinus_Rump
Riicochet said:
crunchUK said: earlier today i was playing halo and i was just getting into gear. It was sandtrap heavy and ... [more]
I would. Scrabble's a serious game son.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By pause422

When I was younger I threw my share of controllers, but anytime recently I've never really done anything besides maybe stop playing a game and go do something else.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By tebbit

When I was like... 7 or something I got stuck on Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (I know, it IS an awesome game), and roared at the tv for the better part of 5 minutes before slamming the playstation off.

It was then that I realised that I hadn't saved the game since i'd started...

Good times.
Bunnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Bunnyman

Seriously, just fold your tounge double and bite down on it. Works every time.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By Pie
RandomHero666 said:
crunchUK said: RandomHero666 said: I was playing tf2.. on xbox 360 (stfu my pc is shite)And erm, it was a ... [more]
You fuck shit on your bed?!
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By crunchUK
Pie said:
RandomHero666 said: crunchUK said: RandomHero666 said: I was playing tf2.. on xbox 360 (stfu my pc is shite)And erm, it ... [more]
he was making love to himself O_O
Lemmingzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lemmingzx

I hope a lot of you are lying, or over exaggerating, gaming induced rage of this caliber makes you look like a right child.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By Jensonb

I was playing Halo 3 with a broken arm and The Flood kept getting me. I tossed the controller so hard the shoulder button failed and the Battery compartment became...Shall we say...Loose?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By crunchUK
Lemmingzx said:
I hope a lot of you are lying, or over exaggerating, gaming induced rage of this caliber makes you look ... [more]
I think you're a right child for trying ot impress us
Dawglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#70  Edited By Dawglet

I'm not proud of it but about 5 or 6 years ago when I was about 11 years old or something I snapped a Gameboy SP in half. >_>

I think I was playing MegaMan Zero or Golden Sun I don't remember which.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By atejas

I read that as gaming-induced rape.

And here I was thinking would have to tell about that time I learned that romance in reality does NOT resemble romance in The Witcher.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By PureRok
Lemmingzx said:
I hope a lot of you are lying, or over exaggerating, gaming induced rage of this caliber makes you look ... [more]
Like your avatar doesn't make you look like a "right child."
Benjamin_Sisko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Benjamin_Sisko

Nearly broke my GBA when I threw it on the floor.

The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By The_Patriarch

The only thing I remember was bashing out a few keys on a keyboard once. Dont remember the game though, but I think I felt it was being rather unfair with me. Luckily I could just put the keys back in place :p

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Happy

I seem to remember seriously damaging a PS2 controller after chucking it at a bed post. I believe I was playing Shinobi.

Now if you wanna talk board/card games I got my fair share of rage quits from my younger years. I think my best was ripping a Magic: The Gathering card to pieces with my teeth. I blame teen hormones.

RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By RLLink
@Dawglet:

Wow, same thing with me. Although, I was playing Fire Emblem. That game is so unforgivable on Hard Mode. So, I ended up getting frustrated when my guys kept dying no matter what strategy I used(I hate losing a character on FE, I'm a perfectionist on that game).

Anyway, other then that I normally just throw my PS2 control on the ground(carpet :3). It still stands tall after being thrown down so many times, ha ha. Of course this only happens if I already had a family member bugging the shit out of me. Mainly my older brother.
Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Pantalooney

I threw a controller and destroyed my living room window when i was a kid.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By End_Boss
Happy said:
I seem to remember seriously damaging a PS2 controller after chucking it at a bed post. I believe I was ... [more]
I play Magic, and though I understand that a certain amount of pride goes into each match (what with most people playing with decks they personally constructed), this is extreme beyond all reason. Destroying the same cards I had to buy with my own hard-earned money? Methinks not.
Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#79  Edited By Sam_lfcfan

Threw my xbox 360 controller at a door and the analog stick never worked again. 

Lemmingzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Lemmingzx
@PureRok: Oh come on, "Hello Titty"? That's hilarious!
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Systech

I punched a hole in the wall, but that the anger at the game was the last straw to a consecutive order pissed-me-off events.

dibiase77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By dibiase77

I usually stand up and let a cry out when I'm frustrated...but when I was younger with the N64 I put the controller in my mouth and bit it. I didn't leave any marks, but I felt like a total ass after I did it.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#83  Edited By get2sammyb

Hmm. I sometimes punch my thigh. That's about it?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#84  Edited By Jackel2072

You know i really like this topic. sure its me sharing my worst gaming moments, but ahh , fuck it. here is a detail list of the damage i have done over the years.

* punched TV playing Need for Speed PS1. made only minor damage.
* killed countless PS1/PS2 controllers over the years (it all kind of blurs together)
*Killed at least 5 N64 controllers Mainly do to GoldenEye
* Kicked Computer(s) (mainly due to computer issues rather then games)
* so far have kill 3 360 controllers (working on 4th B button sticks a little do to playing Left 4 Dead)
* killed only 1 PS3 controller so far (warhawk, god that game just sucks. but this could also be due to the fact that i really never play my PS3)
* slightly busted 1 Rock Band guitar (not over anger however, just drunk and maybe shouldn't have thrown it)
* Threw 1 Wii Mote through window (once again due to being drunk and playing Wario ware. it was kind of funny at the time)

So, do i have a problem? Yes and no. Yes when it comes to video games i tend to loose it. when it comes to dealing with real people however im a vary easy going guy. it takes a lot to piss me off, and even then i dont really loose it. so in closing i say this. every one has a trigger every one has that one thing that sends them over the top. maybe not all of resort to violence maybe some of us simply resort to words. what ever the case may be. we are only human =)

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By DECA555

i have broken half the shit in my house after trying to beat I wanna Be The Guy 

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Wright

One time (I think I was around 10) I got angry because I couldn't beat metroid fusion, and I ended up punching the screen of my GBA =(. It was very stupid, and I when to my room and cried a bit lol. Luckily I still had a SP. Plus, This is not really gaming related, but maybe a year before that, the DVD drive on my computer was stuck and made an annoying sound when you pushed the button to open it. I tried wrenching it open with a pen or something, then it got stuck halfway and kept making the annoying sound. Then for whatever reason, (I may have been an angry child) I started stabbing the half open DVD drive with the pen untill it wouldn't respond at all. Don't think my family ever used the dvd slot though, so nobody seemed to care. These days I'm a bit more sensable, and usually just yell at stuff or pound my fist on the ground if I'm really frustrated =).

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

If I get wicked angry I'll furrow my brow and squeeze the controller with the strength of 100 buffaloes.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Pie

You just broke your controller right crunch?

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I'm not insane, so I haven't broken anything. I did get really pissed at Rockstar's Table Tennis once though, that game is mad hard, it makes me sweat just thinking about playing that game.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Pie
@Emandudeguyperson: Was that anygood?
DryPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DryPenguin

Most damage I have done is playing PS One back in the day, this was maybe a month after I had bought the game.  I got frustrated by a helicopter game, (can't remember the name, but someone here will I'm sure) where basically you go around fighting stuff and picking up things with your cable.  I got so frustrated I tossed it out the window of my room in the barracks.  I lived in a 3rd floor room, tossed the whole thing, system, controllers, game out the window and onto the pavement where we had our daily formations.  I have pretty much kept my temper under control since then. That was a lot of money for an E-1 in the Army in the mid 90s to toss out the window

Avatar image for shadowsaber_806
ShadowSaber_806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ShadowSaber_806

Lol, can't remember which game, but I remember stabbing my PC tower with a pair of scissors a long time ago.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Pie
@DryPenguin: Anger managment?
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pie: Hahahaha if all good games make you want to kill yourself out of anger and frustration then yes.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Pie
@Emandudeguyperson: A must buy then.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By The_A_Drain

What the hell, ok sure i've tossed controllers away in fustration, but onto a soft fucking surface so they don't break, I try to take care of my posessions they cost a lot of money. I mean, I have certifiable anger management problems and I still don't get angry over a fucking videogame, i've broken controllers from being clumsy though, dropping things, getting my foot caught in the cable and launching the thing, etc.

But through anger? wtf is wrong with someone who does shit like that? Damn. It's just a videogame, chill for five minutes, go grab a cup of tea (or some other drink), take a slash, have a snack, watch tv for a while or something, just take a breather, don't smash shit and start screaming in anger, that's just bullshit. My brother does that sort of thing it drives me fucking insane.

I've been pissed at games, but shit, I just tense up for a while and shake fists about the place then go for a breather.

Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pie: Yes, definately.

OH I remember when I was at the last boss on Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max I punched the ceiling (I play games in my bunk-bed most of the time) like 5 times, my knuckles really hurt after that... I fucking hate that game with a passion.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Pie
@Emandudeguyperson: Your a strange being aint you?
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pie: Si senor. Muy stange.
I have also cried out of frustration at games, y'know, losing against a boss a whole bunch of times makes you feel hopeless.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Pie
@Emandudeguyperson: Well weve all cried over games.