What's your go-to tile-matching game?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

Randomly picked Lumines 1 & 2 back up again and damnit, I can't stop playing it, again.

I bought Money Idol Exchanger awhile ago after the frequent GB hype and though I played a ton of it and it's okay, it doesn't really do it for me. Maybe that's more of a competitive game.

I was thinking about getting Puyo Puyo Tetris but I'm colorblind and that gets to be a bit frustrating and also, I like Tetris but it's just one of those things I don't really ever need to play again.

Is there a tile-matcher you go back to and can see yourself going back to forever and ever?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Oh, fuck. I totally forgot about Lumines.

I think that might actually be the worst offender for me losing nights to video games. Picking up my PSP for a quick bit of Lumines in bed and suddenly oh god it's blue outside.

I mostly go to Bejeweled when I think tile-matching. Basic.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Honestly, HuniePop.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Game Boy Tetris is always installed on my 3DS.

Also, I played a whole bunch of Oafmatch and SubaraCity this year.

But, ultimately, Bejeweled 3 is by far the best matching game I've played, it feels like an absolute perfection of the genre.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lumines and Tetris. Could play both for hours any time I pick them up.

Slasktotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As someone who is currently working on a tile match game I've during the last month played a ton of different tile matching games (although I somehow I missed Lumines). Personally though puyopuyo Tetris, street fighter puzzle 2 and the og gameboy Tetris are the closest to my heart. The risk reward aspect of crash gems and 90's Japanese arcade aesthetic are truly wonderful things.

Also for anyone REALLY interested in matching/match3 games, here's a great (by which I mean very informative) read:

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JonathanBailey/20150227/237544/Match_Game_Mechanics_An_exhaustive_survey.php

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love Puzzle League (aka Panel de Pon or Tetris Attack). I kind of forgot I liked puzzle league so much until they snuck it into the Animal Crossing New Leaf update a while ago. Since then I've been looking for more ways to play it :).

So I bought Pokémon Puzzle Challenge on the 3DS eShop, and more or less finished that. And then I ordered Dr. Mario & Puzzle Leagure for GBA, but I have to go get my GBA from my parent's attic before I can play that.

Other than the version included in Animal Crossing there don't seem to be any new releases of it, the last one was a DSiWare title in 2009 :S

Gazoinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I still have never played Lumines. Should probably get on that. I like Puyo Puyo Tetris a whole lot, although in general I prefer Tetris to Puyo by quite a bit.