When will Warcraft 4 be announced? Place your bets!

• 87 results
Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jost1
Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jost1

(not actual bet)

So at some point there'll be a Warcraft 4. That's pretty certain. Warcraft 3 even had a sort of cliffhanger (part of which has been addressed in other Warcraft products, sure).

In my opinion it'll probably happen in 3 years or so.  2014 announcement, maybe 2015 release. It's fun to guess!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

No Caption Provided
OK, maybe not never, but I'm not expecting it any time in the foreseeable future.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Meowshi

Never. 

WoW ruined the Warcraft storyline. 

There is absolutely no way WC4 can come out and make any damn sense in terms of story.  It would just be ridiculous.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jost1

Never say never.  But yeah Blizzard probably has a 4-5 year perspective on it. They'll do the 3 Starcraft single player campaigns first, at least

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Synthballs

WoW has fucked up all chances. I'd rather a Warcraft then a Diablo or Starcraft

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jost1

It's true WoW has fucked the storyline MAJORLY, but who knows what happens post-Cataclysm?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cincaid

Looking at Blizzard, isn't it more likely they announce it "soon" (2011-2012), and then develop the game for 5-6 years?

Having said that, I'm really not holding my breath for another RTS Warcraft product. I think it's more likely to see a WoW 2, or something like that.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Hitchenson

I don't expect another RTS Warcraft, I totally foresee World of Warcraft 2 being released at some point in the far distant future though.

Thegerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thegerman

Why put effort in a good rts sequel that people most likely will buy if you can just keep milking WoW? 
If they would have made a world of starcraft the chances for starcraft 2 would have been way smaller... 
Also WC3 wasn't that good IMO because  of the hero system and it was so hero heavy... i hate that!, but thats just me

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FirePrince

I just read that WoW officially killed Arthas,and now a new asshole is the Lich-King. 
I am calling it.Anything Post Warcraft 3:Frozen Throne(Besides Warcraft 4 that is) is complete total bullshit and is officially not canon.You don't use an MMO to drive forward a story that was getting interesting.Money loving idiots. 
And here's hoping that most of the GB community won't die of old age by the time Warcraft 4 will be released.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By shiftymagician
@Meowshi said:
" Never.  WoW ruined the Warcraft storyline.  There is absolutely no way WC4 can come out and make any damn sense in terms of story.  It would just be ridiculous. "
I know eh?  I would have no idea how they can make a Warcraft 4 without either rebooting the whole lore, making a new universe for it, or calling the entire WoW plot "non-canon" and continue sometime after Warcraft 3.

On second thought, I would really like Blizzard to call the entire WoW storyline as "non-canon", just for laughs.
Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vorbis

Never, they will milk WoW for aslong as humanly possible. By that time they will have killed off every single lore character. They will focus on Starcraft for their RTS needs.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By c1337us

I'll say never.

Bevinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bevinsky
@FirePrince: So true. WoW has completely messed up the story. You can't have a static storyline in an MMO.
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By AndrewB
@FirePrince said:
"

I just read that WoW officially killed Arthas,and now a new asshole is the Lich-King. 
I am calling it.Anything Post Warcraft 3:Frozen Throne(Besides Warcraft 4 that is) is complete total bullshit and is officially not canon.You don't use an MMO to drive forward a story that was getting interesting.Money loving idiots. 
And here's hoping that most of the comunity won't die of old age by the time Warcraft 4 will be released.

"
*echo*

Warcraft died for me because MMOs aren't my cup of tea. I always figured they'd just continue on with WoW as a fun little diversion and finish the story in Warcraft 4. Then Blizzard made more money than any of us will see in our lifetimes, and I was like "oh fuck..." It's sad because I was way into the Warcraft lore; enough so to read every game manual, every online lore article, and even sift through random pages on the Warcraft wiki. Starcraft, for as much as I loved it, didn't hold nearly as much sway with me. I guess that's going to have to change. At least until World of Starcraft is announced in not joke form officially. Though I don't see that happening if only for the way Koreans orgasm over the game series as a competitive RTS.

You can't kill Arthas in a short cutscene that will play out a million different times with millions of different people. Ugh... I'm seriously bothered by this.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#17  Edited By citizenkane

WoW 2 will come out before Warcraft IV.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By gosukiller

Man, I want me some new Warcraft. REAL WARCRAFT DAMMIT.
But I'm pessimistic and think it will be announced around 2013. Or maybe that's optimistic.

It would have to be a sequel to TFT, ignoring WoW. 
Make it an alternate timeline or something, just don't even dare to reference "A brave group of heroes" in the lore even once!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By demonbear
@Meowshi said:
" Never.  WoW ruined the Warcraft storyline.  There is absolutely no way WC4 can come out and make any damn sense in terms of story.  It would just be ridiculous. "
They'll just do Warcraft 40k. They've raped Warhammer all the way this far, why stop here?
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FirePrince
@AndrewB:
@Bevinsky:
The problem is,WOW is more succesfull than any Warcraft 4 game could ever be,and the over 7 million people that still play it to this day will never,ever,f-ing give up that game for a great RTS with great lore and great story. 
They fucked up.And at this point,they have more money God could create in one go,so they're set for lives.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ProfessorEss

I could see them announcing it in 2013 - for a 2017 release.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jost1
@ProfessorEss said:
" I could see them announcing it in 2013 - for a 2017 release. "
haha
Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Ignor
@demonbear said:

" @Meowshi said:

They'll just do Warcraft 40k. They've raped Warhammer all the way this far, why stop here? "
 Isn't that done already? Starcraft?
Thegerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Thegerman
@Ignor said:
" @demonbear said:

" @Meowshi said:

They'll just do Warcraft 40k. They've raped Warhammer all the way this far, why stop here? "
 I thought Warcraft 40k was Starcraft? "
Nope ... they are not related to each other story wise or anything. 
Funny thing is that Starcraft has a strong connection with Warhammer 40k... 
The races are kinda similar :P 

But hey guys... see it positive. with all the money from WoW they can start some new IP's and original games... or just give it to activision . lol
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ProfessorEss
@josty81 said:
" @ProfessorEss said:
" I could see them announcing it in 2013 - for a 2017 release. "
haha "
What can I say, I'm an optimist :P
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FirePrince
@Thegerman:
Warhammer 40K>Starcraft 
I like the lore better. 
And yes,the Space Marines and Eldar are similar to the Terrans and Protoss.
Thegerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Thegerman
@FirePrince said:
" @Thegerman: Warcraft 40K>Starcraft I like the lore better. And yes,the Space Marines and Eldar are similar to the Terrans and Protoss. "
you mean warhammer 40k right? 
and i never said anything is better then something else. 
and Zerg = tyranids :P 
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FunExplosions

Announced? Real soon.

Released? Ten years, and half a trillion dollars from now.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CaptainObvious
@Thegerman said:
" @FirePrince said:
" @Thegerman: Warcraft 40K>Starcraft I like the lore better. And yes,the Space Marines and Eldar are similar to the Terrans and Protoss. "
you mean warhammer 40k right? and i never said anything is better then something else. and Zerg = tyranids :P  "
Similiar? You mean nearly identical? Blizzard just coppied Warhammer 40k and added some rednecks, they aren't even trying to hide it now.
apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By apoptosis61
@CitizenKane said:
" WoW 2 will come out before Warcraft IV. "
you know what this means^^
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By penguindust

I'm not going to say "Never" but Blizzard is working on more WOW, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and some unmentioned 4th game rumored for consoles, so I doubt they are going to get around to Warcraft 4 anytime soon. 

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ignor

No Caption Provided
On topic: No, I don't think Warcraft 4 will ever be made....
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#33  Edited By citizenkane
@apoptosis61 said:

" @CitizenKane said:

" WoW 2 will come out before Warcraft IV. "

you know what this means^^ "
b33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By b33
@MattyFTM said:
"
No Caption Provided
OK, maybe not never, but I'm not expecting it any time in the foreseeable future. "
NEVER
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By Chris2KLee

They have 2 more Starcraft games, Diablo 3 and who know how many more WoW expansions, not to mention the yet to be announced next MMO they have hinted at. 2015 would be optimistic .

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SoothsayerGB

2014 seems far enough away.  The Dev team uses WoW for their content related to Warcraft now.  But Blizzard has always loved making their style of games.  Hence Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.  

It will happen, but not anytime soon.  I expect WoW 2(They made D2, so why not?), before that.  The Devs have talked about their love for the idea of Warcraft 4 in many posts.  But D3 has yet to even enter alpha, Wings of Liberty is part 1 of a 3 part trilogy.  Cata comes out later this year.  Most likely fall or Jan.  Then there is the "next gen. MMO-RPG, not inside any of Blizzards universes."    So all of the Dev teams are clearly very busy, for a while.    

Also, lets not forget the WoW movie.  Even if its a bomb, like most of Sam Raimi's movies, the WoW fanboys will probably love it.  He has made a few really great movies and even the bad ones, aren't that bad.

bunnyboiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bunnyboiler

When Bobby Kotick needs a new yacht.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DoctorWelch

Idk if there will ever be another Warcraft RTS. At least not anytime close to now.

limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By limewizard

After the next Duke Nukem game.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By AndrewB

But dude, the thought of Blizzard announcing Warcraft 4 at the same time as WoW2 makes me happy.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toowalrus

It'll happen eventually, I guessed 2014 as well. There will be a backlash of people crying about how WoW destroyed Warcraft's story, but Blizzard will put their top creative men on it, and it'll have a great story that takes place after WoW's stories.

Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WoW has pretty much continued the warcraft storyline so far beyond warcraft 3 so unless you play all the stuff that happens in WoW in RTS form, then I don't see it happening sry.

Also the people going wow 2, why would you ever commit a suicide like that? It's just dumb and you have to be functionally retarded like the Everquest people to pull that off.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By meteora

Not for a while. They're working on a new MMO, Diablo 3, StarCraft 2 and I think there was a unannounced project that probably isn't getting nearly enough priority. I do remember that they wanted to make a new IP too, so that kind of complicates matters.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By IBurningStar

"You can't kill Arthas in a short cutscene that will play out a million different times with millions of different people. Ugh... I'm seriously bothered by this. "

So by this logic you are saying that you hate it when more than one person ever plays and beats any video game. Millions of people played through GTA4 and had its ending cutscene play out millions of times, did that bother you as well? 

As for a WC4, I am going to have to say that it wont be "soon." They are still finishing up the Starcraft 2 expansions and probably won't be wanting to jump right back to making another RTS. They also have Diablo 3 and that unnamed MMO to work on. As well as continuing to churn out content for WoW. Start up a new project anytime in the foreseeable future seems like a massive division of labor that they could use elsewhere.

There is also the massive roadblock concerning lore. Do you make it pick up after WC3 and negate all of WoW? Then you undermine the story and everything anyone has done in the game, which could have a very negative reaction from fans. If you have it take place after WoW then you have to know all the details on what will happen in WoW's story ahead of time. If you have watched any of the videos of them talking about writing lore and whatnot then you know that they just have rough ballpark ideas on things they want to do in future expansions. For the longest time they weren't sure if they wanted to make Outland or Northrend the first expansions. The idea for Cataclysm wasn't even conceived until years into the game's life.  So things like that would complicate development of WC4 in all kinds of weird ways.

If we ever get another traditional RTS Warcraft game I don't think it will be this decade.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#45  Edited By Jeust
@MattyFTM said:

"

No Caption Provided
OK, maybe not never, but I'm not expecting it any time in the foreseeable future. "
I don't see another Warcraft rts game unfortunately. Killing Arthas in WoW was also probably the stupidest thing they've done. He was probably the single most interesting character in the whole lore. 
caseylakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By caseylakes

I doubt they will ever do Warcraft 4, or WoW 2 for that matter, and how far can they want push WoW? I will say the next Blizzard game is going to be World of Starcraft. They did it as an April Fools a few years ago, so they have at least thought of it. WoS just doesn't have the same ring to it as WoW thou...

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ProfessorEss
@caseylakes said:

I will say the next Blizzard game is going to be World of Starcraft.

For some reason I don't ever see them doing that, tho I would love it if they did.

I also don't think they'd call it World of Starcraft, they'd think of something more clever - and with a better acronym.

An S word of Starcraft would be good, so it could be called either S.O.S. or "Sauce" for short.

(...or something with a B so people would call it "Boss")
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#48  Edited By Yummylee

Two thousand n never.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By metal_mills
@Meowshi said:
They already said they might do a Warcraft 4. I'd say not even a word about it until 2014 if ever.