Which did you like better L.A. Noire or Heavy Rain?

• 67 results
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By AuthenticM

After playing through L.A. Noire, I can definitely say that it is one of the most overrated game of all time. It's easy to get swayed by the marvelous audio-visual presentation; but as a game, it is sorely lacking and is average at best. So Heavy Rain it is for me. The game has its faults, but it grabbed me like no other game had done since MGS4.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By project343

Heavy Rain, by a fairly long stretch. I love to get deeply involved in story, and I found the narrative aspects of Heavy Rain to be more engaging. LA Noire just felt like a Grand Theft Auto game with really solid facial animations (that is, extraordinarily slowly paced narrative progression in a very 'mission-y' structure).

critthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By critthreat

I haven't got to play Heavy Rain myself, though I have watched it being played. It's awesome, but L.A. Noire just spoke to me more.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Kyreo

LA Noire was a bit of a disappointment for me. Heavy Rain was fantastic.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By Slaker117

I feel like Heavy Rain is more honest about having extremely shallow gameplay and presents it in such a way that I felt like it was doing something novel instead of being lazy. Even with its story weirdness, I liked it more than LA Noire, which, honestly, isn't all that well written either.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By l4wd0g

LA Noire by a lot. Heavy Rain was a piece of trash. It's story was absolute garbage, suffering from plot holes, boring characters, bad writing, bad dialog, bad voice acting, and bad story devices. I'm not a fan of LA Noire, but it's still a thousand times better than diseased cunt of a game Heavy Rain is.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By SlasherMan

I haven't played LA Noire yet, but I enjoyed Heavy Rain quite a bit. It was a nice change of pace from the shooters and RPGs.
Unfortunately, much like its predecessor Indigo Prophecy, the story just falls apart by the end and they go for the cheapest and most ridiculous way out for the conclusion. Still, to its credit, it was quite an improvement in story-telling over Indigo, and I was hooked all the way right up to the very end.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By spankingaddict

L.A Noire, by a hair...

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Cloudenvy

Heavy Rain by a mile!

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By ikwal

That's a hard choice LA Noire was a better game overall but Heavy Rain had some amazing sequences that I haven't seen anything like since. So I'm picking Heavy Rain. LA Noire was way to long also.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

L.A. Noire had an arguably better story (or, at least, it was handled better), but I adored Heavy Rain. Sure, the writing was a little lacklustre and the gameplay clunky, but I played it over the course of a single evening, and can't think of any other gaming experience where I consider one playthrough to be completely definitive. 

I should note that I never finished L.A. Noire. I was playing with a friend, and it was his copy. Made it about 10 hours through, or about 2/3 of the story. I didn't think the writing was as fantastic as had been made out: it owed a very obvious debt to other instalments in the genre, and came across as cliche mulitple times. Besides that, I really dislike Cole. He was pretty dry and it made it difficult to identify with him; obviously, his personality is probably in keeping with tropes of the genre (or more importantly, the theme of the game), but I can think of a handful of noir detectives far more likeable, and believable, than Phelps. 

That isn't to say I didn't like it; I did. In fact, for the first 4 hours or so I was engrossed. It just all fell a little flat at some point.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MrKlorox

Heavy Rain edges LA Noire out by just a little bit. Like others have said, LA Noire starts to drag a little bit and becomes repetitive. Whereas Heavy Rain was so short and pure that it didn't leave a chance for boredom.

But which is the better value proposition for $60 USD? LA Noire.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ZimboDK

I have always had a weakness for David Cage's games, so Heavy Rain is my choice. The story made absolutely no sense, but I still preferred it to L.A. Noire. Also, I couldn't stand Cole. I really didn't like anything about him.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I've yet to play L.A. Noire, but I did like Heavy Rain a great deal.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SlashDance

There is no challenge in any of those two games, but Heavy Rain justifies that with its choices and consequences.

LA Noire is really an interactive cutscene.

coryrx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By coryrx8

I'm really surprised at the results of this poll. I figured Heavy Rain would get ripped apart. I haven't played L.A. Noire and probably never will because of Team Bondi's reputation, but Heavy Rain felt pretty lackluster to me. The Move controls were a major improvement on the Dual Shock controls, but that doesn't fix the major script problems that the game had. Really, David Cage is an awful writer. He's a high-concept kind of guy - and really, the story had a lot of potential - but he really shouldn't even be trying to handle the details of the story. Heavy Rain makes major gameplay concessions in order to better tell a story, but Heavy Rain's story wasn't good enough to carry the game.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

LA Noire, but I really loved Heavy Rain too.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#68  Edited By kalmis

I voted for LA Noire, but after reading these comments about Heavy Rain I changed my mind. Heavy Rain, despite it flaws, was more memorable game(experience?). Nothing wrong with Noire other than it starts to repeat itself in the end..