Who else spends more time on Giantbomb than gaming?

• 100 results
darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was thinking about this the other day. I watch hours of GB content per week, but the only video game I've played recently is Bioshock Infinite.

I suppose I just enjoy watching the Bomb Squad fuck around more than playing video games by myself. I think watching TNTs and UPFs gives games a fun, group atmosphere that I find hard to emulate in real life.

Who else here spends way more time on GB than actually playing video games?

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I haven't played a game in about a 6 months, so definitely.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SomberOwl

Me definitely I wish it wasn't this way though. Not to say I don't absolutely love GB, I do. It's just I have a very specific daily routine and it is hard for me to break. I wish I played more games and spent more time playing them.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

For a while I was, but not anymore. Now I rent games and have played 8-10 since January.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I did for quite a while but I started playing more.

Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pkshields

Depends on the time of year. Currently I'm completely snowed under, so I get my gaming fix from Giant Bomb while I have no time for games.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I spend way more time here

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depends on time of year

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fallen189

Besides Dota, I've got too much going on in my life, so I can't dedicate time to gaming at the moment. I had to grow up and games didn't make the cut. Shame, but now I can live vicariously through others I guess?

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just thinking this same thing the other day. Especially during these down times my GB usage way exceeds my gaming time.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Shivoa

I generally watch all GB video content (majority is on my TV while I'm working rather than sole focus) and that stuff really adds up over a week, throw in another 3 hours for the Bombcast (although I can sometimes be found gaming while I listen to that). I doubt there are many weeks when I spend more time gaming than enjoying GB content unless I'm on holiday and even then it's not a certainty that I'll not have some QL up while I relax, play a narrative-free game, etc.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Unless there's a video for me to watch, I don't spend that much time here. I look for videos, and then I check the forums to see if there's something worth contributing to. And then it's game time!

This is something I wonder about game journalists in general. How much time do they spend actually playing games, and how long do they spend writing their columns and chatting with others? As for the Bomb Crew, how much time do they spend on maintaining and adding content to their site compared to how much they play games?

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nick

I like to have videos on in the background while I do other stuff, so yeah I'm here more than I actually play games.

nosebleed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nosebleed

I do for sure. Most of my free time is spent writing music so games have been going by the wayside for awhile. I do manage maybe about an hour or two per week though.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I certainly spend more time watching GiantBomb videos then I do playing games. I honestly don't visit the site much, maybe once a week. I watch the videos via the Roku app and read the news via RSS.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Milkman

By a sizable margin, yes.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Deranged

Nope.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

It varies, sometimes I'm both playing games and glancing at the forums/listening to a video/steam, etc.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By Tireyo

Yeah I do, but I wish it was different.

the47ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the47ronin

For the past 6 months for sure. Catching up on all the premium content I've missed definitely passes my gaming time.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For sure, it's not even close.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

*looks at 9000+ posts* Yeah, I spend some time here. I pretty much always have a fourm tab opened up in chrome unless I'm playing something on the PC.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's the same thing with me.

Sometimes I think about how many more games I could have finished if I didn't watch any of GB's videos... but that wouldn't be very fun.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#24  Edited By Slag

Hard to say.

I often listen to Bombcast/Quicklooks while grinding for achievements. So maybe?

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#25  Edited By gla55jAw

Just took me a month and a half to get through Tomb Raider. I think I'm going to sell all my games, I'll never play all of them. I also spend hours a day on here haha.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forums, certainly. Content, not so much; used to, but cut that shit out when I realized what I was doing.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Recently I definitely have been. I haven't been playing a ton of games for a few months probably because of school. I've had the past couple weeks off between classes, though I didn't seem to play any more than I was during school. It took me over a week to finish Metro Last Light. There's also the fact that there haven't been that many games I've wanted to play so far this year, and there aren't really too many more from now til the end of the year with the new consoles. I've only bought like three or four games this year, aside from several downloadable titles. Those have mostly been keeping me occupied. Giant Bomb allows me to vicariously experience as much of everything else as I want to.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, same here. Last proper game I played was Mass Effect 3, and before that Super Meat Boy. I consume GB stuff way more than games itself.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jimmyfenix

I can get jaded from games real quick so giantbomb and the gym are a great couple of days break when i get super jaded from gaming

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Certainly. I play games more often in certain times of the year, and I enjoy kicking back to play games for hours at a time, whereas it's easy to just watch a piece of content on and off whenever I can fit it in. Giant Bomb is basically my favorite TV channel.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By geirr

Yup!

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thatdutchguy

I let the dudes at giantbomb play the games for me ;)

Getting The last of us though to play myself.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JoeyRavn

I work from 9 to 3, and I used to have classes at the university from 4 to 8:30 until very recently, so I had very little time to play games... and a lot of time to browse Giant Bomb. And when I'm actually playing games, I usually have a Quick Look, TNT, UF or The Daily Dota on my second monitor.

So, yeah: Giant Bomb has ruined gaming for me. Thanks, Obama Jeff.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Steam says 19.7 hours in the past 2 weeks, that's just Metro though with just recently 2 hours of GRID 2. How much content is on Giantbomb in the last 2 weeks? Steam also doesn't count some games I play that aren't on steam or whatever.

I play all the games.

Put an hour into Brutal Legend, just starting that game on PC. Played a bit of some of the Double Fine Prototypes for a few hours as well. 15 hours was put into Bioshock Infinite, played Borderlands 2 for a few hours to check out the latest added character the Psycho... he uses not guns so that's weird. Played a small chunk of FEZ on PC but I don't think I'm up to try and play through it again fully, have plenty of other games I wanna play first and FEZ is still fresh in my head anyways from it's XBLA release.

I've put hours into Last Remnant in the recent month(s) which adds up to about 1d 2h worth of playtime so far, stopped for new games released recently. Tomb Raider took about 20hours of playtime to get through.

I got bored sometime in the past month and tried to start playing the Kotor games, I put about 45mins into both games for a bit. No more than that though :(

Oh also I played Neverwinter for a few hours, it's an MMO you guys.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By Shaunage

I do the same.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fully aware of this for a time so I started to get some more game time recently. It's quite shameful for me knowing that I still have a ton of games on my backlog.

JNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not anymore, as I have seen through most of it, but there was definitely a good period after I became a premium member where I would watch 10 times more GB videos than actually playing games.

MithrilMojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lately, my gaming is just watching Brad play the Daily DOTA.

MithrilMojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lately, my gaming is just watching Brad play the Daily DOTA.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm sure that there have been weeks where that was the case, it mostly depends on what's out and whether or not I've had the money to buy it.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm too busy keeping up with my gamer stereotype of murdering children and puppies to play games.

And actually school, and now looking for work in a technology wasteland (when I have a degree in networking/security) is taking up all my time.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By cornbredx

There hasnt been many good games this year. I am in the same boat, last big game I really liked was Bio Shock infinite.

I even went back to SWTOR because I've been so bored after work.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

There are definitely times.

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By nate6858

Yep. Since college I've lived on my own for a number of years now and the amount of time I spend playing games has become less and less.

I think it's because playing video games has always been a semi-social activity for me. When I was but a wee tyke I played games with my dad; figuring out puzzles in Space or King's Quest, trying to beat Bubble Bobble, or what have you. As I got older I got into Doom and the thing that made it so damn magical to me was that I had other friends in school who were also into making levels for it. Going to their houses, trying out each other's levels and such was a blast.

Through that I got into playing multiplayer Doom, Quake 1/2/3 and Unreal Tournament. Not to mention that by that time we had established a pretty robust group of people who got together for fairly frequent LAN parties. This branched out from FPS games into things like Starcraft and Diablo 2. And even Final Fantasy VII was a shared experience for me .. there were always about 3-4 of us over at my friend's house watching him play and discussing the game and trying to figure out what to do next. It was great.

Since the glory days, friends have gone separate ways as they do. I still have friends that play games, but we've all diverged (both in taste, and geographically) so much that playing games together doesn't really make sense. I could play CoD with some friends, but I don't wanna. I could play WoW with some other friends, but I really don't wanna because I've played that game enough already, argh. I miss the days of puzzling out single player games like Space Quest, or FFVII, or Silent Hill or whatever with friends around. Turns out that was what I like most about video games.

While I still love games and do play them, I just don't play them nearly as often as I used to. That's what I dig about viewing GB content, is a couple of people checking out a game together and generally crackin' wise about it. It scratches an itch that I can't scratch on my own.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45  Edited By Sooperspy

I would say yeah. I spend a lot of time on here.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By TheHBK

Me, definitely. Hoping to change that after I build a new gaming PC next month.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me. But then, I'd hope that would be the case, considering it's my job and all.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll often have spurts between games, like I'll finish up a game and have nothing to play, so i'll eat up all the GB content i can. Then i'll be like "man that game in that quicklook looked awesome, i'll pick that up"

I'll often use GB as a measuring rod for what i'd like to play next.

Hell my two most recent purchases, Dark Souls and Dragons Dogma were both because i was bored and watching oldish quicklooks. Glad i did, cus Dark Souls is now one of my favorite games this generation. Plus thanks to @rorie I didn't die to the bridge dragon lol

Tobyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Tobyus

Well, after purchasing Premium membership. Its more likely now that im downloading all of their content, just to watch them goof around. And therefore, i dont play alot :p i just enjoy them play my games that I own :P hahahaha

GB !!!!!!!!!!

Also, i use GB for everything :)

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spend a lot of time doing both at the same time, I don't know why but I enjoy playing games and listening to the bombcast or watching whatever video is up that day at the same time.